Gaining Exp And Leveling Up

Question

I've been playing with two friends who have already reached Silver Initiate while I'm not even half-way there. One of them was even afk for a lot our games. Usually when we play I also top most of the stats that are displayed after the game (damage done, accuracy, headshots, etc.).

The wiki says you gain XP by leveling up your weapons, I have my rifle, pistol and the sword all at about level 10.

Am I missing something here? How do my friends get exp so fast? They don't do anything different than me...

4 answers to this question

Are you picking up affinity (white) orbs? Are they playing without you? Are they using affinity boosters (from the market, for plat)? There's quite a few factors, but if you want to xp fast, do defense missions and be a rampaging murderer.

Yeah, I'm always picking up whatever I can. I usually even have most pickups in our games. And they don't use any boosters, and we've only started playing together yesterday, while I even had a head start because I started playing the day before. My warframe was already at about level 6 or 7 or so when we started playing together, I did all the missions in the first system with them and than we moved on to the next.

There's also that skill value in the profile I don't get: My friend who was afk a lot of the time has a skill value of over 250 while I'm at 30? The thing is he's the one of us who dies the most when we play.

Mastery Rank is not (directly) increased by Affinity (Exp). You gain 200 points for your Mastery Rank for 1 Warframe level and 100 if a Weapon levels up (so for you it should be about 10*200 + 2*10*100 = 4000, shown on the bar in the upper left next to your name when you hove over/click it - in the intermission screen). It takes a while till you get to the next rank. Your friends must have leveld more of their weopons/frames apperently (or it is bugged for you?!)

Skill Value I have no idea what it should/does show ^^

Edited by Zogg