The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

Nope I want to call it Charybde like the sea monster in the Odyssey

N

Charybdis, and she's a woman, so are you sure about that?

N

EDIT: No offense, btw, Just making sure you knew that you're suggesting naming a male frame after a female... demon? And I believe you meant to answer Yes anyway.

Edited by qwertyboom80

Vote here!

(Yes, there's another thread on this but hopefully this will make it easier to see people's opinions.)

Comment with name change ideas, or comment with one of the suggested names below.

Suggested names:

-Hyrdon or Hydros (3)

-Dagon (5)

-Leviathan (4)

-Triton (3)

-Kraken (2)

-Nautilus (7)

-Aquax

-Torrent

-Aquathos

-Corsair

-Odysseus (2)

-Ulysses

-Riptide

-Nethuns

-Styx

-Acheron

-Cocytus

-Phlegethon

-Lethe

-Proteus

Leviathan, Triton, Trident, Poseidon, or Oceanus. So you can add those missing ones to your list.

I don't care. Is that an available option? If not, well I don't care that it isn't.

Old man goes in for an interview and the lady doing the interview asks him what is his biggest flaw.

He tell the lady that it is his honesty.

She replies that she doesn't think honesty is a flaw.

He tells her that he doesn't give a S#&$ what she thinks.

I really hope we get the ability to move in puddle for. For a fast paced game, suddenly stopping just to turn into a puddle and slowly kill an enemy seems out of place.

But seems to be a good "OH S#&$!" button if you are surrounded and low on Shields, since they recharge while like this as well and enemy ignore you, it will be used more for Ultility than damage.

My thoughts (as quoted from another thread like this one):

I like it. It fits. His morphing skills make him reminiscent of a number of creatures together, not just one big one - which can be applied to both the botanical and zoological aspects of Hydroid - as is showcased by his "melting" abilities. Also, hydroids are relatives of Jellyfish - his tentacle ability, anyone?

So: N

No.
Edited by Morec0

Styx or Nautilus, seriously those are the best

Styx IMO fits alot with the other frame names, it's short and catchy and feels on par with the mythology behind the other names in-game.

Nautillus just sounds cool. :'D

....Riptide sounds way too cartoony and lame and like something out of Ben10..

Edited by .Qas.Queen.

Charybdis, and she's a woman, so are you sure about that?

N

EDIT: No offense, btw, Just making sure you knew that you're suggesting naming a male frame after a female... demon? And I believe you meant to answer Yes anyway.

Zephyrus is a male god.

Anyway, I'm okay with Hydroid, and Morec0's explanation behind its name is sound. But taken out of that context, it does sound a little too industrial, too mechanized, too chemical for my liking.

looks like the imagination is gone. Its becoming avatar already - fire, water, wind - next warframe is earth based.

A tenno mole-frame Molex.

I'd love nothing more than to have a mole-based warframe with earth powers.

Actually, I take that back. I want an armadillo frame, with focus on defense and mobility. 

Pic slightly related.

MHXArmoredArmadillo.png