The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

Don't assume you're part of some majority when this thread clearly proves you wrong.

^^

Stop power tripping bro...

That was his opinion he never claimed to be the mass majority

He just feels that they are not going to change it because they know it will grow on you.

-snip-

Calm your butt pains.  You didn't put a poll in your thread which means it's a waste of time.  And a massive list of potential names hardly paints DE into a corner.  This thread accomplishes what you wanted to do in your thread (and in a more streamlined manner b/c of the poll) and provides extra information at the same time.

Edited by Aggh

Calm your butt pains.  You didn't put a poll in your thread which means it's a waste of time.  And a massive list of potential names hardly paints DE into a corner :|

butt pants calm.

I stated some of my opinions. Now you have too.

So that makes us even now right?

Calm your butt pains.  You didn't put a poll in your thread which means it's a waste of time.  And a massive list of potential names hardly paints DE into a corner.  This thread accomplishes what you wanted to do in your thread (and in a more streamlined manner b/c of the poll) and provides extra information at the same time.

Wow..I like how you added all that extra berate to your piece there.

Please go on?

Oh err when did this become about valkre? at least that name sounds good and is in such common use as any generic warrior woman regardless of its origins your whole objection to it is farcical particularly as you go to great pains to point out as many meaning for words as you can find lol

Valkyr is a terrible name. To put it flatly, it's one for angelic taxis, not whippy claw demons. You can't claim anything about thematics if you're okay with valkyr.

If your only reasoning is "sounds good", that's a really empty argument. I think "Hydroid" sounds good, and apparently the dev team did too.

Nemo will forever be linked most strongly with captain NEMO who is the "No Man" or "No One" as the word means, it does not mean "without a name"

Dagon is a God of grain and "FISH" your response makes a half truth which is half a lie and so as good as a lie.

Nautilus does mean sailor so is perfect.

Triton is a God of the Sea and a race of merpeople and an atomic particle.

Nemo? It's most strongly linked with:

finding-nemo-hiu-19343-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Dagon's name literally means "Grain", which is a whole truth, and nothing but the truth. He's a fertility god. No tentacles involved.

Triton is still a mermaid, whatever way you cut it.

king_triton_by_117a.jpg

Nautilus is used mainly for a shellfish, and mainly for the shape of the shell.

Chambered_Nautilus_Shell.jpg

Hydroid is a tentacle monster.

Hydroid%20polyp.jpg

Call him Puddles, still a better name than Hydroid.

But in all seriousness shortening it to Hydro is a thousand times better, but I'm very partial to Leviathan. After seeing his abilities I'm even more partial to the name, that or Triton or Cthulu. Those seem to be the most popular names but odds are they will leave it to Warframe's Design Council to pick out a new name.

I'm just surprised the devs actually think it's a good name... There were so many better choices and they chose Hydroid, it sounds like a crappy super villain or a villains sidekick that got rejected.

That was his opinion he never claimed to be the mass majority

He just feels that they are not going to change it because they know it will grow on you.

No, that's not it at all. He said "they aren't going to change it because a few people don't like it" which is false. If he's fine with it and says the ones who aren't are the minority... It goes back to what I said.

Many people thought the name Hydroid wasn't final at first. That says a lot about how good - or rather, bad - the name is.

-snip-

No offense taken, I am doing the exact same thing as you, except it's in a form that is more easily read I believe.  Also this would make it less annoying to have to count how many yes or no votes, which is why I put up the "yes or no" poll which has visual feedback. The other poll for names people like will be purely for fun, maybe something DE can look at, but not something that they need to use. It's mainly just a way to get people to contribute and keep bumping up this thread so that people can vote on the "yes or no" poll. 

I'm not saying DE will change the name, but it's just an interesting thing to do while we are waiting for U13. If they never change it, that's fine by me, if they do, great! Maybe they will take some of the names here, are we not allowed as the players to suggest things? That way they don't need to think so hard about another name, when so many people suggested many good ones here. 

That said, once again I'm not trying to force DE to make a name change, but only to show the opinions of the players who frequent this forum. They're free to do whatever they want with the information.

No offense taken, I am doing the exact same thing as you, except it's in a form that is more easily read I believe.  Also this would make it less annoying to have to count how many yes or no votes, which is why I put up the "yes or no" poll which has visual feedback. The other poll for names people like will be purely for fun, maybe something DE can look at, but not something that they need to use. It's mainly just a way to get people to contribute and keep bumping up this thread so that people can vote on the "yes or no" poll. 

I'm not saying DE will change the name, but it's just an interesting thing to do while we are waiting for U13. If they never change it, that's fine by me, if they do, great! Maybe they will take some of the names here, are we not allowed as the players to suggest things? That way they don't need to think so hard about another name, when so many people suggested many good ones here. 

That said, once again I'm not trying to force DE to make a name change, but only to show the opinions of the players who frequent this forum. They're free to do whatever they want with the information.

Much respect.

Do your thing man!

People complain about Nova's name and that seems silly

People complain about Nekros's name too

I've seen some offhand hate for Oberon's name and Excalibur's name too.

I think Hydroid is certainly a different name but I think it's lot more interesting than some of the other elemental frames' names, like Frost and Ember.

It's definitely nothing we expected. And to be honest, I like that it's nothing we expected. We all assumed leviathans and krakens and poseidons and neptunes and this goofy little name Hydroid just...kicks all of our expectations away. That's something I like about DE. They show us something and it's awesome but then they always add their own little touch to it.

Bring on the Hydroid. I'll gladly call him by his name.