The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

i really dislike hydroids design ...

i feel like make warframes are getting chunkier everytime they add one.

The only chunky part about Hydroid is the thighs.

The rest of Hydroid seems to be following the Nekros/Oberon theme of stick shins/atrophied arms.

Clearly, both of you skimmed...

Let me clear that up for you.

I have no doubt they are pirate pantaloons, which is why I'm lampooning them.

They have forced a thematic ideal without the ability to realize it.

The actual result... Chubby knees.

I want to know what kind of stuff you've smoked. Must hit hard as a horse.

In my opinion, they should combine his Puddle/Tidal Wave ability into one. You'll be able to go into the puddle like it is now and use it exactly the same, except moving will create the Tidal Wave effect. It'd be limited to the same distance total as Tidal Wave is now, except the direction would be any direction. Use the slot for Tidal Wave for some other useful ability.

Bonus points: allow team mates to shoot the Puddle to imbue it with status effects a la Zephyr's Tornados. Any enemies who get pulled into the puddle will be get that status and moving around will cause the Tidal Wave to deal that type of damage (separate things, the Tidal Wave itself wouldn't have a chance to procc that status, only falling into the Puddle completely). This turns puddle into the more ambush/stealth oriented skill it was intended to be. Sit at a choke point, watch as a squad of Grineer fall into your Corrosive-imbued puddle, and tidal wave them all into a herd to chop/shoot up as desired.

Edited by Motakshi

hi after watching the livestream i personally felt that the name hydroid was a little bit of a let down for such an amizing frame and i have seen that there are many who share my feelings.

so what i wanted to know is  what the player base think it should have been called but i would also like to know what the Dev's think of the community reaction.

personal name choice for me would have been Phorcys 

its the name of an ancient Greek god of the hidden dangers of the deep i personally think it works

but i would love to here your thought

Someone said Riptide, i loved it, so now i vote for that. Phorcys might be a bit obscure but i would prefer it over Hydroid without a doubt, Hydroids are this kinda proto organism that live in the water or something like that, i think that using that name is like using the word Mammal as a name... just that Hydroid is not so common and it sounds like "Droid" but still a pretty bland name imo.

I think this same thing happened with nekros and nova.

It did. Don't worry, these threads will die out eventually. I'm already used to Hydroid... though I tend to mistype it as Hydros.

I think this same thing happened with nekros and nova.

Nova's name didn't fit the theme well, but all in all isn't a bad name. The first thing I think of when I hear "nova" is glorious sparkling astronomical destruction, which is kinda what we're getting (although the science is all wrong, of course).

Nekros, on the other hand, is a straight-up horrible name. It tries to be "creative" and attempts to sound mythological and badass, but in the end it's just slightly-Greek-sounding gibberish that is no more creative or meaningful than the then-popular "Necro".

Hydroid is even worse. It's practically the same situation as Nekros, except now it has that "-roid" distracting us from the actual theme of the frame.

Edited by SortaRandom