The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

Hydroid, I don't understand how it fits any standard, or even measures up.
It's not a piece of the element, it's an animal, or a moss. Not like Volt/Ember/Frost/Zephyr
Not a mythical being of the element. Like a Banshee for sound.
It's not even a being of vaunted excellence in that role, like a Rhino in terms of strength, Vauban in terms of tactics, or Valkyr in terms of combat.

It's a minor, unknown creature of that element. That has a conflicting more common associations. Droid sounding very robotic. 

At least Nekros is based off of a god of death, reflecting the mythical aspect.
And Nova is reflective of the explosive power she has. 

Edited by LukeAura

the whole frame is a noob joke.

seeing how DEScott plays no wonder why the design is flawed on most of the frames. the puddle is not even funny its the weakest geekest joke ever, if you pull a joke like this with your friends in the bar te would slap you probaby, its so weak.

thename? i wont even go there...

Edited by H0PE

hi after watching the livestream i personally felt that the name hydroid was a little bit of a let down for such an amizing frame and i have seen that there are many who share my feelings.

so let me get this straight...you saw other threads where people don't like the name? then you must of seen where they were posting alternate names for it...and you STILL felt the need to create and entirely new thread about it.....***shakes his head and walks away***

Sure!

Look at his wrists... Now, look at his ankles. No symmetry

Look at his knees... Now, look at his elbows.No symmetry

Look at his shoulders and compare it to his hips. No symmetry

Now look at his feet in the vid then look at his hands. Symmetry

I don't get what Symmetry has to do with what Hydroid looks like inside the armor, considering that what reasonably humanoid armor looks like from the outside has no bearing on what the person's shape on the inside is (unless the proportions tend to the thin, like Oberon and Nekros). Also, care to explain what sort of symmetry you're looking at exactly? Is it top-down symmetry, or left-right symmetry? If it's top-down, then Hydroid in the OP's pic actually has shoulders of similar width to his hips, if you look at where his actual shoulders and armpits are without the massive pauldrons he's wearing.

I can easily wear clothing that has baggy legs and large shoulders like Hydroid does, and yet I'd still look like a normally proportioned human underneath.

The legs are bulky because what he's wearing on his legs is bulky, not because the human underneath has elephantitis.

Edited by LGear

Its supposed to be representative of pantaloons, lose cloth fabric that was very simple and long in construction in order to be universal to most human builds of the time, when they were stuffed into long neck boots it would cause the excess fabric to poof out and look very very baggy, example, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Arabian warriors, and MC. Hammers parachute pants.

Edited by blackdragon0083