Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newbs And Trolls And Speed Freaks

Alienami

This. Teammates that don't know what the word "team" means really destroy the fun in this game. I'm raging right now because of 3 alerts in a row that were screwed over by 3 different people. I can't even tell who it was that made to the end so I can't put them on ignore. There needs to be a text popup saying "this guy is at the extraction point" for each player that is at the extraction so we at least know who is screwing us.

as i've seen it in almost every 'instance-based' game i've played - it's good in theory but invites a whole new set of trolls and d-bags kicking for no reason or for various exploitives (not that there are any related ones yet) and the ppl who deserved to be kicked but won't stop whining about it when it happens and proceed to slander everyone in sight. so once again there are numerous solutions, but they all run various other risks. ultimately the DE's will make the final call, but our game is blessed with some fairly player-understanding ones so i'm fairly optimistic.

Selfish teammates are the single worst thing in the game right now. They destroy the fun.

I have no particular problems with speed running. I have a huge problem with how if one person starts speed running that it gets exponentionally harder for everyone else.

1- The first guy through a door doesn't get hit and knocked down by the laser beams, it's the 2nd and the 3rd guy.

2- When doors lock down and have to be hacked to open them back up, the 1st guy through can just keep going. But the others have to backtrack to a terminal to hack.

3- If the speed runner is able to get through the mobs then he's activated them all and the mobs bunch up. The rest of the team running through has to face bigger packs that are impossible to run through.

4- If the speed runner is using a fast warframe (like Volt with #2) then you simply aren't going to catch him up.

5- If your ally runs off the minimap he disappears. You don't know how far ahead he is or which direction.

6- The <i> that shows where you are supposed to go is often wrong. Not a little bit wrong, but a lot wrong. It sometimes tells you "go through this door" but you get to that door and it then tells you "no no, other side of the room". The AI pathfinding on it is sometimes terrible.

7- If you make a wrong turn, you are screwed.

our game is blessed with some fairly player-understanding ones so i'm fairly optimistic.

I don't know what awful game you're playing to make you think the players in this game are better than average. The player community in this game is septic. It's also extremely hard to commuincate in-game so it's going to remain problematic. You can't even have your contacts lits open and chat at the same time. You can't tell who was who in the game you just played with. I have 12 people in my "recently played with" list. I know some of those people I absolutely do not want to ever group with, and others I would enjoy playing with them again. I don't know which missions they played, what warframe they used, or if they were the guys fighting on my side, or the guy breaking all the windows and screwed me out of all the credits by running ahead.

I have no idea who was who in any mission. The squad chat history disappears in the main menu. And the only way I can figure out who is who is by a process of elimination. I have to try shooting the ally next to me to figure out his name, then maybe I can figure out who's sitting at the extraction point. And after the mission is over I still don't know who was who. It makes forming in game friends almost impossible.

1- yea and that person never turns around to get the cameras that closed the doors. always sux.

2- and even if there's an easily usable panel in the now safe room on the other side, the runner won't bother stopping for it.

3- once again, won't even swivel camera to provide any covering fire.

4- recently everyone i run into seems to be a Volt and i honestly didn't think that was why... guess i gave them too much credit.

5,6,7- definately the big problem, can turn a 5-10 minute raid mission into a half hour or more of 'where'd you go?' 'where's the door?' 'what elevator?' i've seen it happen where just collecting container mats in seperate rooms screws it up.

absolutely right. these kind of things contribute to why i use private with my brothers and ppl i know instead of online in most cases. makes things really tough for people that don't have that option though. shooting games actract some percentage of playerbase with a certain mindset that's pretty much infuriating (don't wanna rant too much on that) but until there's a solution----'welcome to the internet'

I don't know what awful game you're playing to make you think the players in this game are better than average.

should've clarified, i meant our DE's listen to players fairly well. player-understanding was an odd way to put it, my bad.

If everybody is against Speed Runners,

Well then, why do different warframes have different sprint speed ? Why is there a mod card called "RUSH" ?

Actually the game and devs want speed runners, ofcourse i hate speed runners when am using rhino ~.~ !

Answering to my question :

I got a Nyx, with 20% sprint speed, 120% Stamina reset, 100% Max stamina. Still am left behind, why ? Because i collect all the mats in the level. So am pretty sure, speed runners are necessary evil or something like that :O

Edited by Zyfe3rX

Running speed also helps for melee. Really, in a team, the fast guy has a useful role - a pointman, a hacker, the guy who carries the briefcase, etc. I use a stamina regen mod on my Excalibur because I tend to pick up more loot than average, and I also often run ahead to destroy cameras and pop mobs to melee while waiting for the rest of my team. I still get left behind by anyone who decides they're too good to fight and runs past to extraction, unnoticed because I was focused on whatever I was doing at the moment. I even had a moment where I was chasing a rusher, wondered if maybe I'm first and misjudged them, stayed back to fight a bit more, and ended up losing the reward because of them.

Running speed also helps for melee. Really, in a team, the fast guy has a useful role - a pointman, a hacker, the guy who carries the briefcase, etc. I use a stamina regen mod on my Excalibur because I tend to pick up more loot than average, and I also often run ahead to destroy cameras and pop mobs to melee while waiting for the rest of my team. I still get left behind by anyone who decides they're too good to fight and runs past to extraction, unnoticed because I was focused on whatever I was doing at the moment. I even had a moment where I was chasing a rusher, wondered if maybe I'm first and misjudged them, stayed back to fight a bit more, and ended up losing the reward because of them.

yea, i equip speed & stamina mood as i always try to find all the loots, so after i finish collecting the loots i am able to catch up with the team again and join the fight.

Any player driven voting or other system will end up being abused by the players.

Queueing for missions should be based on a players ability to work in a team. However the game measures that.

Group rushers with other rushers.

Group good team players with other good team players.

Group AFKers with other AFKers.

Everyone gets what they deserve and there will be much rejoicing. :)

Statistically speaking it's easy to know if a player is a solo one : you earn affinity when an ally is near you and gets affinity.

Maybe add a stat at th eend screen where you would kno whow much of that "allied affinity" each one earned ? And add the assisted kills.

Those with a lot of assist kills and a lot of ally affinity are those that stay in group. those with few assist kills and low ally affinity are the solo ones.

So in the end screen, you could know which one you can add to your friend list.

Or how about just incentivise getting your team out safely? In a 3 or 4 person game, getting everyone to extraction before time runs gives normal rewards. Leaving someone behind wastes the Lotus' resources and she has to send in another ship to pick up the remaining operatives so people who leave others behind only get 50% while people left behind get nothing (as they currently do). When people suddenly lose half their reward just because they are too busy rushing to the end to shave off an extra minute or two they might just think twice about rushing ahead.

Edit: same goes for downed allies. If you let your allies die, they are less likely to revive. So for every downed ally that doesn't revive you still suffer the same penalty for not getting your team out. That will teach the speedrushers to either solo/private games or actually help the rest of their team out. If their team doesn't make it out alive chances are they would have been better off soloing.

Edited by xathil

How about having Grineer Rollers prioritize rushing players, or having Stalker prey upon lonely players MUCH more likely? :D

you are evil. just letting you know. XD

Maybe give a speed boost to players far away from enemies, the objective AND their team, [...]

that's actually a very good idea. kind of like (is it called rubberbanding?) in racing games where when you have the lead the ai cars drive faster/more aggressive.

Edited by SlyBoots

snip

This is a very interesting concept. Usually the Speed Runners want what they get from completing the mission, and have no other reason to stay, so they race to the exit. This method may provide the incentive we need to get speed runners acting as part of the team.

Personally, I am heavily against Host-based administration, such as kicks, bans and the like. If there is an unfilled online match available in any sector, the player has no control over who is hosting. Unless the game's multiplayer framework changes from P2P to something more DE Server based, I don't want this anywhere near WarFrame.

When the reward is tied to getting to the end of the map, people are going to prioritize getting there quickly

You can screw around killing mobs and collecting materials on your own time, most of us just want the reward

You can go play defense for everything else in the game and not be slowing everyone else down

Or how about just incentivise getting your team out safely? In a 3 or 4 person game, getting everyone to extraction before time runs gives normal rewards. Leaving someone behind wastes the Lotus' resources and she has to send in another ship to pick up the remaining operatives so people who leave others behind only get 50% while people left behind get nothing (as they currently do). When people suddenly lose half their reward just because they are too busy rushing to the end to shave off an extra minute or two they might just think twice about rushing ahead.

Edit: same goes for downed allies. If you let your allies die, they are less likely to revive. So for every downed ally that doesn't revive you still suffer the same penalty for not getting your team out. That will teach the speedrushers to either solo/private games or actually help the rest of their team out. If their team doesn't make it out alive chances are they would have been better off soloing.

Economic incentives are my preferred fix and touched on earlier. I like the downed player idea too. I think I would be happy if this system was used.

I am not sure where I stand on who gets penalized for what since there is the possiblity of griefing and exploting, but its probably the best direction for what the devs want and to prevent abuse of speed runners carrying the entire team out safely like before which is why we have the system we do today.

A bit more complicated technically would be to allow rushers to leave, and keep everyone else in the mission. You get to the extraction zone, wait your 60 seconds, leave the mission and party (or stay in party only with those who left with you, aka the other rushers). The slowpokes get to stay and enjoy the mission without losing their rewards. Rushers will eventually end up in rusher parties (because they'll leave early and stay in the party with others who left early), slowpokes will end up together too.

I like this. Its a compromise I could live with, except in harder zones.

---

The other day I was farming Frost blueprints... last one I needed dropped... was an open game... yeah, guess what happened? (sigh)

Went back to private and gave up, still haven't bothered to try again. That boss is just so annoying with only 2 people, need the extra DPS of public game. I'll try again later, entirely frustrated with open beta right now. I am refusing to play publicly except on defense missions, and even then I am careful not go bite off more than I can chew with my friend and I if everyone else bails.

Hmm. So you like to play online, but dont like the people in the online mode. Seems ridiculous.....

Do you actually expect only uber pros and people who await your command? I dont think so....

This man!

Give him your internets!

Statistically speaking it's easy to know if a player is a solo one : you earn affinity when an ally is near you and gets affinity.

Maybe add a stat at th eend screen where you would kno whow much of that "allied affinity" each one earned ? And add the assisted kills.

Those with a lot of assist kills and a lot of ally affinity are those that stay in group. those with few assist kills and low ally affinity are the solo ones.

So in the end screen, you could know which one you can add to your friend list.

Assist kills are not a good measure when you one-shot your opponents. The other players have no chance to get an assist there.

There should be a radius that no teamate can go through unless his other teamates follow.

please NO! a restriction for me? just because another idiot cant play coop?

dont give that kind of players the rule about the gamedevelopment!!.

Votekick i the answer.nothing more.

Votekick i the answer.nothing more.

Votekick is the perfect answer if you want people to abuse it.

Abuse of votekick systems is quite common in just about any game where such a system is implemented.

(See TF2, WoW, ...)

So... Nope. Votekick is NOT the solution.

More doors that require at least two players to unlock them is the definite answer.

Stops rushers 100% guaranteed.