Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Button Of Disorientation: A Request/suggestion

Wallace24

I'm sure many of you have clicked it accidentally and found your world flipped upside down (not literally). you try to run, but you are confused and you can't shoot a damn thing for a bit, not until you're used to it

the default is 'H', yes, its the view swap from your right shoulder to over your left shoulder instead. but if you mean to use it, you'll find that it's pretty good if you're using cover to see over your other shoulder

but my issue is that your weapons stay in your right hand. did all left-handed and ambidextrous people die out with the orokin? I really want my weapon to switch hands if I swap my view to the other shoulder. plus you wouldn't shoot from behind the left side of a wall with your right hand. because it would be in the wall. you left hand (which is likely doing nothing) is out in the open, possibly waving to or taunting your enemies

anyhow, it's just a visual thing, and I'm sure it's been brought up before, but I'd really like DE to give us the option to be ambidextrous. the view swap is a nice feature, but you need to follow through with the warframe's models and actually switch which hand you're holding your weapon in

also not sure which feedback category this would go in. it's partially a visual thing, so I stuck it in UI

yeah, I'm hoping they're aware of it, at least. with all the melee animations coming in melee 2.0 I'm hoping they'd fix up these ones as well

I'd think it would be fairly simple, but who knows, there may have to be an actual animation for changing the gun to the other hand. I'd be fine with an instantaneous swap in the character model. but there's also potential for cool animations where you toss the gun to your left hand if it's a pistol or something. and I guess the handedness of your tenno would have to be visible to other players in your squad, too. so it can't just be a swap on your end. though I'd be fine with it if it were. but it may cause some issues where your teammates see you shooting into a wall, but actually you're popping enemy heads from behind some cover. I know this combat system, like many, isn't cover-centric, but it's nice to use every once in a while

definitely should be considered for melee 2.0, though. it'll be very important which side of your body you're swinging your sword from