Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blue Orbs...

blueyesdevil

...don't drop often enough in my opnion. And when they do drop my teammates usually seem to get them.

I feel like I can't use my warframe abilities enough during a mission. I would be having way more fun if I could

use the abilities more.

How about making the abilities bar regenerate? It would make playing way more comfortable because then I

wouldn't be worried about finding blue orbs all the time. You could balance this by giving every ability it's own

recovery time, like how the (very successfull) mass effect 3 multiplayer handles abilities.

AND/OR you could make a blue orb available to every teammate every time one orb drops, instead of only one person

getting it... and maybe increase the drop rate.

Thoughts?

You can get Energy Siphon cards from Alerts (" ? " Reward), those cause energy regeneration. The more people use 'em, the more regeneration.

Cooldown/Regeneration on principle etc. more than likely won't happen - especially since the Ultimates are AoE killspells/AoE disablers. If those would be spammable by default, it wouldn't be very challenging. Energy management is part of the gameplay.

The last option (everyone can pick one up) with a reduced drop rate (to mitigate that no one can snatch them from you anymore) seems like the best idea.

I also don't like this kind of mechanism too. The skills should be a strong point of this game, how you using it, how creative you're going to use it combo with your friends power to turn the tide of battles. But current game is more like a shooting survival instead, where you forced to preserve your skills to only use in a really crucial situation.

This game should have a CD like Mass Effect 3 or Energy Regeneration like OP said. Should lets players enjoy using their skills to the fullest.

Look at Loki, he has a great combo from his skill set to causes a real havoc on the battlefield that can't be able to do in current game's mechanism.

Place your decoy at group of enemies, swap teleport yourself with your decoy, use global disarm, kill everything and use invincible to flee.

That's going to be awesome, isn't it?

About challenging, look at ME3 MP. Even players have powerful skills there still be a lot of challenging by make foes stronger and have some sick tricks, like a banshee and phantom. And the spamming can be balance by a CD.

Edited by fides5566

There are mods that increase your power maximum and stuff. I don't think you should be able to use them all the time, because they're very powerful and special abilities, but I do agree that they should be more prominent. I shouldn't be like afraid to use it "in case I need it later" and then end up not doing any of the really cool stuff - so I'd vote for higher drop rate or some power-restoring consumables (which might already exist, not sure).

I think 50 energy should regen passively letting classes use their first two abilitys without worry. However blue orbs would let you get more then 50. Anything above 50 would not regenerate but stays until you use it. When using skills your regenerating energy would get used first, and then non-regen power.This way you still have ultimates balanced but you can use your weaker skills more frequently.

Time for a first post.

I'd agree with getting rid of the orb drops but I don't think making it cooldown based would be a good idea. Instead it should be skill based, like getting style kills or similar that would slowly recharge your energy bar. Take a look at Vindictus for example, you have sp skills that range from low-impact special attacks, over party buffs to ultra attacks that stun bosses and deal large amounts of damage. The bar goes up to 1250, the first skills needing 250 sp and the ultimate skills between 1000 to 1250 sp, depending on character. You slowly gain sp by attacking enemies, you can increase the rate you get sp by using smash attacks that add sp depending on your combo meter, with a combo of 40+ you get 150% of damage and extra sp.

Of course it wouldn't work like that in Warframe but I think implementing style-kills would be a good idea. If you kill an enemy while shooting from sliding or jumping your energy would slowly go up, right now these moves don't serve any purpose besides looking cool.

I'd also suggest expanding on these moves, add a few new ones and allow for chaining them together. Right now you can chain together a slide and the jump afterwards. Expanding that with new moves like maybe wallruns, dodging and energy-moves themselves would add a whole new level of play to the game, encouraging players to keep up their chain as long as possible with skillfull timing.

It wouldn't slow down gameplay like the random energy orbs do now, it's skill based and encourages the use of other features.

^

No, everyone don't have that thing and I don't know how easy to get it but it quite ruining early experience. And I bet that some of beginner player may leave the game if they seen this. And if you intend that everyone need to use that thing then why don't you add it at the first place?

Time for a first post.

I'd agree with getting rid of the orb drops but I don't think making it cooldown based would be a good idea. Instead it should be skill based, like getting style kills or similar that would slowly recharge your energy bar. Take a look at Vindictus for example, you have sp skills that range from low-impact special attacks, over party buffs to ultra attacks that stun bosses and deal large amounts of damage. The bar goes up to 1250, the first skills needing 250 sp and the ultimate skills between 1000 to 1250 sp, depending on character. You slowly gain sp by attacking enemies, you can increase the rate you get sp by using smash attacks that add sp depending on your combo meter, with a combo of 40+ you get 150% of damage and extra sp.

Of course it wouldn't work like that in Warframe but I think implementing style-kills would be a good idea. If you kill an enemy while shooting from sliding or jumping your energy would slowly go up, right now these moves don't serve any purpose besides looking cool.

I'd also suggest expanding on these moves, add a few new ones and allow for chaining them together. Right now you can chain together a slide and the jump afterwards. Expanding that with new moves like maybe wallruns, dodging and energy-moves themselves would add a whole new level of play to the game, encouraging players to keep up their chain as long as possible with skillfull timing.

It wouldn't slow down gameplay like the random energy orbs do now, it's skill based and encourages the use of other features.

That's a great idea and it fit in the theme of the game too. Encouraging people to play aggresive and balacing power in one shot.

Time for a first post.

I love this idea.

Time for a first post.

This man. This man understands.

Style points is great but a very complex solution more suited for the long term. The pie in the sky solution is often great but not realistic.

Short term I'd like to see more blue energy drops and a higher cost on all AoE damage abilities or actually this sounds better especially since the energy siphon nerf (the energy siphon could still exist as a "Regen booster":

I think 50 energy should regen passively letting classes use their first two abilitys without worry. However blue orbs would let you get more then 50. Anything above 50 would not regenerate but stays until you use it. When using skills your regenerating energy would get used first, and then non-regen power.This way you still have ultimates balanced but you can use your weaker skills more frequently.

I'm a big fan of this concept as well as for a short term solution.

Edited by MegatechBody