The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Placement In Specific Slot On Board Does Make A Difference ?

b.a.b.s

Question

hallo guys i play with mag i place the mods that i want on mag then i press auto and its compltelly different, i understand the reason but why when i change the slot that i put them i see more or less mods installed on same slot . so the slot you place a mod does make a difference or not? thank you  

4 answers to this question

The symbol on the slot changes the cost. Mods with the same symbol cost half as much in those slots, while mods with different ones will cost 25% more. This is called "polarity". You can add, remove, or change the symbols using an item called "forma".

In case of warframe only if the slot have polarity (explained above). When it comes to weapons order of elemental mods determines hybrid elements and when it comes to Sentinels order of precepts determines their priority.

The symbol on the slot changes the cost. Mods with the same symbol cost half as much in those slots, while mods with different ones will cost 25% more. This is called "polarity". You can add, remove, or change the symbols using an item called "forma".

so wherever i place a mod its the same ? and another question i have 3 tabs i put same mods in each tab or different. thank you

The three tabs are separate builds. It's better to set up an item in different ways for different situations. For example, if you're going to be fighting Corpus, Magnetic damage is pretty useful, but it's useless against Grineer who generally need Corrosive or Radiation damage. The builds are different mod setups you can save to switch between more quickly rather than having to reorganise your equipped mods every time you're going to fight different enemies.

If you put a mod in a slot and the symbol in the top-right corner of the mod card is blue, it will cost less because the symbol matches the one on the slot. If it's red, it'll cost more because they clash, and if it's white it's neutral and nothing will change. With weapons, the order you slot elemental mods in will alter the elements the weapon actually fires - for example, if you're using Fire, Ice and Electric mods, slotting them in that order will generate Blast and Electric, but swapping it to Fire - Electric - Ice will generate Radiation and Ice.