Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Hated Tileset And Why?

AcholSucks

I like all tilesets beacause of their look, but I gotta say I hate the galleon tileset beacause of the small spaces,  I cant breathe! It's only a few rooms that offer long range weapon usage and the ability to super jump without hitting my head in the roof.

I especially like the corpus planetside and corpus gas stations, oh and Earth cus of lush green mmm.

earth is the worse planet after the revamp.

there is one individual set I absolutely hate. I can't give a name but it always appears to have various planet exterminate invasion mission types on it. it is the one which has you run down a narrow tube - corridor and knock out a grate at the end before a blast of something kills you and keeps pushing you further down the corridor. if you happen to make it you then will run outside some and then warp to another location- ship. with a 15-20 frame rate making it down that corridor and through that grate safely just doesn't happen. 

Personally I dislike the Earth tileset due to massive FPS drops (25 FPS, anyone?)

earth is the worse planet after the revamp.

there is one individual set I absolutely hate. I can't give a name but it always appears to have various planet exterminate invasion mission types on it. it is the one which has you run down a narrow tube - corridor and knock out a grate at the end before a blast of something kills you and keeps pushing you further down the corridor. if you happen to make it you then will run outside some and then warp to another location- ship. with a 15-20 frame rate making it down that corridor and through that grate safely just doesn't happen. 

This is one of the Invasion tilesets.

Grineer galleon. Dark, full of lumpy bits that get in the way of navigation and it has those annoying arc traps and magnetic doors (which are always active and hit the grineer as well - it's rather amusing to watch them get magnetised by their own doorways).

Grineer asteroid was my most hated one couple months ago. Mainly due to atrocious layout of several certain tiles which also screw up the objective marker and make navigating a pain.

Phobos is meh but can't say I hate it.

I'll also mention Earth for some major bugs in one or two tiles, that is, "holes" in geometry caused by what appears to be sloppy sectoring. And issues with lightmaps for door models in several tiles during night time. Though I love the general theme and this whole day/night cycle thing going on there.

Grineer galleon and asteroid. Too much green and purple lightning, combined with the brown textures, makes it looks horrible. Sometimes the green and purple lightning dont appears, and in that case its more bearable to look at. 

Corpus ship its also ugly when have too much blue and purple. I prefer when its more grey, or more clear/transparent. When its clear/transparent I can see the textures better. 

I tried to play without color correction but it looked worse, the lightning was somewhat dead, the colors were unsaturated. Tried some third-part lightning mods but didnt solve the problem for me. Most of the ugliness come from the lightning though, not from the textures. The lightning even mask the textures. Everything turns to green, purple or blue, and its always too much. Just to add, I dont use bloom, since it hurts my eyes. 

But what really turns the tileset bad is the burnout caused by lack of variety. I like the Void tileset, but after a hundred runs it looks unbearable, since its always the same map. And when you dont get what you want, frustration and burnout results in leaving the game for some days or weeks. 

The better tilesets are Jupiter and Earth ones, because they are recent and hence more detailed. I actually only play there, or in the Void when I'm looking for formas or prime parts. When someone invites me and its those old grineer ship with that saturated greenish lightning I just leave.

I only go to the grineer galleon when I have to kill Ruk to get orokin cells, and usually do it with my Volt, to rush fast. Or when theres a invasion going on with rewards like catalysts and formas. 

Phobos is also cool, and challenging, I play sometimes there too. Its sad that most players dont go to Phobos. Recently the $&*&*#(%& green lightning was being applied there and the sand was green. I dont known if the devs fixed it, but it passed some two or three weeks since the last time I saw greenish sand. 

Good tilesets: Earth, Jupiter, Phobos. Everything else Im avoiding like a plague, except the Void where theres a need to farm for formas or prime parts. 

Orokin Derelict, those darn roots and stuff

Agreed. On my old computer I would get major fps drops, especially on the root-tunnel entry/exit rooms. My new comp can handle it, but my friend is still having issues in those rooms. My main problem now is difficulty in navigation; unpredictable terrain (jumping/climbing/parkeuring) and confusing mimimap/routes means I often get caught by enemies or I waste time getting to life support.