The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Were You When They Actually Named Them .... The Dark Sector! (Dark Sectors Megathread)

Mak_Gohae

The original Dark Sector idea was that the Dark Sector was the area beyond the border of the solar system. This would fit perfectly with the Badlands idea.

The only problem I could see is if the publisher of Dark Sector still has some legal rights to the name, and would not let DE use it in Warframe. Otherwise, I love it!

The original Dark Sector idea was that the Dark Sector was the area beyond the border of the solar system. This would fit perfectly with the Badlands idea.

The only problem I could see is if the publisher of Dark Sector still has some legal rights to the name, and would not let DE use it in Warframe. Otherwise, I love it!

I dont know how video game publishing works but i dont think the publisher owns the name at all.

I dont know how video game publishing works but i dont think the publisher owns the name at all.

Even if they do, it's not like they're using it as a game title, it's entirely possible that DE could find a loophole for it (i.e. the Dark Sectors system).

I think its a bad idea.

Now before I get bashed for this I would just like to explain why.

It would simply put too much pressure on DE to create something truly exceptional. Considering the nostalgia and relative importance of the original Dark Sector in Warframe, it would cause too much comparison.

In order for DE to truly create an authentic (successful) experience in this area they would need to do a lot more tweaking to what they already have planned (probably), perhaps even a complete overhaul.

It would also lead to hype that may not be met.

Overall I feel that the Badlands are a much safer, and probably better suited name in this case.

Edited by Sanillo

I sure hope DE has noticed the 100+ upvotes on this thing because goddang this is something that needs to absolutely happen.

Edit: seeing how many people don't think making a direct name would be a good idea, perhaps something like dark sectors or shadow sectors or something would be cool. I like the idea for sure, and it calls back to the original 2008 trailer that was basically Warframe. I like the idea. I think DE should run it past everyone in the team and find a name that is similar but not exactly dark sector.

Edited by 8bit_Ghost

Given dark sector was in reference to be the space beyond pluto, it likely doesnt work as well with the previews we have seen currently, as the Badland nodes appear to be off even inner planets, this could cause some confusion.

Ultimatly though I dont have a preferance either way.