Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1600x900 resolution problem

Nakks

I currently have my game set to 1600x900 resolution fullscreen.

Every time I exit game and then come back however, it has the resoluton set to 1440x900. This is very odd because I go to my settings in game and it still says 1600x900.

Another weird thing is I can fix it by just alt+tabbing. It's not a big issue I guess because I can remedy it in like 5 seconds. But it's kind of an inconvenience and I don't think it's intended.

i play at 1080p resolution and every time i exit and come back to the game, its at 1600xsomething. when i go to the option it still says 1080p but i can tell that its not cuz the colors are still darker and the texures are still lower. mines fixes is by setting the resolution lower and then raising it back up to 1080p but when i alt + tab out and back in it fixes the problem faster. it is an inconvenience and annoying because i must do this everytime i start the game. i am on windows 8 and i dont know why im not seeing this complaint more often. im starting to wonder how this is going unnoticed by the games developers as its been here since day one.

Edited by mez.all.mighty

Also confirming this behaviour

I play on 1920x1080 in fullscreen mode. Every time I exit out of the game and come back it it's a lower resolution and I can't just set it to 1920x1080 again. Only solution so far is to set the resolution to a lower one and then reset it back to the one you want.

Same.

I should be running at 1920 x 1080, but frankly my laptop just doesn't cut too well on that and about 5 minutes it I'm getting serious chop issues with my FPS. It's normal for me to run most games at only 1600 x 900. However Warframe client hates that, too. Every time I start up the game it reverts back to something I can not recognize.

I cycled through the available resolution options and none of the match up with whatever 1600 x 900 reverting to. Alt-Tab does not fix the problem for me. Does nothing aside from the expected switching of programs. Problem only crops up with 1600 x 900. No other resolution will revert to another resolution between game sessions.

Using latest nVidia drivers for my 460M. Intel chipset as well with an i7.

Edited by KranDeLoy

works fine here with 1600x900 and it also sticks..

i did make a custom res before in NVPanel...i allways doo..

Specs:

gtx460

q9550

win 7 64bit Pro

8 gb ddr2 Ram

game runs smooth with all bling bling enabled, even Physx..

-BetADNA-

I'm having a similar resolution problem. Every time I fully exit and open back up the program it gets reverted to some ungodly low res. I can't alt+tab to fix it so I have to go into settings, change it down from 1600x900 and then back up again and it's fine until I close the game again. Bit of a pain in the &#!.

I normally use 1920 x 1080 as my native desktop res.

Again having problems with the 1600 x 900 res reverting to something not even in my normal aspect ratio each time I start up a new session of the game.

Also a note I just stumbled on: Finally figured out I could turn off Dx11 and did so. Soon as I logged in the game stopped reverting my 1600 x 900 res.

The Game wont save any settings it seems, thats why your resolution/binds wont save on a restart

If your binds won't save this is a different issue -- it likey means that the game can't write to the profile file:

Your profile should be:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe\IAmSecretSpy\settings

Any idea why it won't save? Is there a permission problem? We've also suspected anti-virus or other programs preventing update.

hy there,

i dont know whats been updated today, but i now also have messed up res problems.. :( (using 1600x900 also..-i have too)

when i start the game, my res is messed up, all 4:3 and streched..

i have alt tab to desktop and back into game, then its right, but the ratio is wrong now. it shows 16:9 but the planets are elipse shaped and not round,.

Ok, so i go into options and set aspect ratio back to 16:9 and its fine..also 16:9 and auto are the same????

now, this started happening this evening, when a littel update was released..

i have to do this method everytime i start the game..

cant try without dx11 or 64bit, cause when i set 32bit and or dx9/11 the game isnt going any further then after the login screen...

dx11/64bit works very well, besides from teh resolution/ratio problem...

Greetings, BetA

Edited by BetADNA

A couple of things about this problem.

My resolution is 1366x768 (16:9).

DX11 off: resolution reset to 1280x768 (since second launch after rebooting PC, first launch is ok), aspect ratio is ok (16:9).

DX11 on: resolution is ok (1366x768), but aspect ratio reset to Auto.

try this every login fullwindows klik alt+enter and alt+enter again

Thanks, good fix.