Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Update 13 Damage Or Utility Your Choice 2 Builds Available

IfritKajiTora

Some people like that new frost and some people miss the old Snow Globe, some people like to have power in him to destroy and defense and some people want him to be utility. I don't like that all Warframes have one best build. Small changes to Frost can make 2 builds for him changing the rules of his skills.

changes that is needed for possible 2 builds
Freeze: add small freezing Aoe (2 meters)
Snow Globe: cold air inside snow globe scaling by power range mods and don't dissapear when globe is destroyed (works all the duration time)
Avalanche: Freeze all enemies in Aoe for 6 seconds (before patch with range mods bug)

Explanation:
For now best Build for Frost is Power Strength it power up all his skills even Snow Globe have health up by strength mods. Some people like to crush them all in one hit. This is the best build for him at the time.

Adding these little changes Frost will be abble to be a utility frame to changing his build:
http://goo.gl/tLz5kO
+135% power range -60% power strength
Adding these mods it will work like this:
FREEZE - freeze aoe
5 meters radius
140 dmg

ICE WAVE - Slow down all enemies in front of you with very long range
47meters and 7meters width(slow enemies that are far away for easier sniping them down)
280 dmg

SNOW GLOBE - Big Aoe making this skill usable as Slowing sphere, all enemies around will be slowed by cold air.
12 meters radius
1400 Globe health (but this doesn't matter because even if globe will be destroyed the slowing cold air will still work)

AVALANCHE: Freeze all enemies for 6 seconds in very large Aoe
35 meters radius
600 dmg

This Utility Build is lack of Power Strength all skills are making very small Dmg -60% power strength but you take Utility skills of Freezing and slowing enemies in large Aoe.

Other Frames should have other build changes too.
There will be no more these same Frost, these same Excaliburs, rhinos etc.
When you see the Frost he can be:
a Mighty Frost (Destroys everything+Defending)
or Utility Frost (Freezing and slowing enemies in big Aoe)

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Personally, I would like to see this. I would like to assume that the individual controlling his or her warframe has some control over their powers, not just standard "moves." I'd rather see that an individual can "get creative" with their powers. So to see a person create a post about the warframe's adaptability and what it should be makes me very happy. Sure, the warframe "pilots" can adapt their powers in strength, range, et cetera, but they can't really adapt how they nearly as much. So far, the only frame I can think of that can change how their powers function is probably Mag. Mag has Shield Polarize, which can:

Restore the user's shields

Restore an Ally's shields

Drain an enemy's shields (if any).

I do not count Loki's switch teleport simply because, all he does is change places with someone. There should be variations of powers that you can "learn." I think it should work like this:

You build your warframe -> You equip it -> Individual has little knowledge of their powers and the ways they can use them -> Individual learns to use their powers through combat experience -> Number of powers available increases, knowledge of current powers increases, allowing them to be used in various ways

This means that, your warframe would start out with something like, Fireball for Ember, Shuriken for Ash, et cetera, and nothing more. They would utilize these powers, and learn new ones. At first, their powers have a chance to fail,  but the more they use them, the lower the chance is until it reaches 0%. Certain conditions must be met for a mastered power to have a chance of failure greater than 0%. Also, powers must be utilized effectively for the knowledge to be gained. Ember can just spam fireball at a wall and gain experience, she'd have to use it on enemies, containers, broken fans, et cetera. Ash would have to throw Shurikens at enemies, containers, broken fans, et cetera. He wouldn't be able to just throw 10,000 of them at a wall and magically gain new knowledge about Shuriken or new powers.

However, if DE does this, they will have to create new powers for warframes or just have new ways the powers can be used. For example, Volt's speed could be used for himself only at first, until he gains control of it. Then he can speed up his allies' movement. And then, if he masters it, he might even be able to use it on himself only (this would be a different card, but still named Speed) and he would turn into a cloud of electrons and shoot forward in the form of a lightning bolt. This could also do damage if he runs into an enemy.

Sorry for my massive wall of text, but... I really like this idea, and I wanted to build on it. :)

Edited by SethA007

Personally, I would like to see this. I would like to assume that the individual controlling his or her warframe has some control over their powers, not just standard "moves." I'd rather see that an individual can "get creative" with their powers. So to see a person create a post about the warframe's adaptability and what it should be makes me very happy. Sure, the warframe "pilots" can adapt their powers in strength, range, et cetera, but they can't really adapt how they nearly as much. So far, the only frame I can think of that can change how their powers function is probably Mag. Mag has Shield Polarize, which can:

Restore the user's shields

Restore an Ally's shields

Drain an enemy's shields (if any).

I do not count Loki's switch teleport simply because, all he does is change places with someone. There should be variations of powers that you can "learn." I think it should work like this:

You build your warframe -> You equip it -> Individual has little knowledge of their powers and the ways they can use them -> Individual learns to use their powers through combat experience -> Number of powers available increases, knowledge of current powers increases, allowing them to be used in various ways

This means that, your warframe would start out with something like, Fireball for Ember, Shuriken for Ash, et cetera, and nothing more. They would utilize these powers, and learn new ones. At first, their powers have a chance to fail,  but the more they use them, the lower the chance is until it reaches 0%. Certain conditions must be met for a mastered power to have a chance of failure greater than 0%. Also, powers must be utilized effectively for the knowledge to be gained. Ember can just spam fireball at a wall and gain experience, she'd have to use it on enemies, containers, broken fans, et cetera. Ash would have to throw Shurikens at enemies, containers, broken fans, et cetera. He wouldn't be able to just throw 10,000 of them at a wall and magically gain new knowledge about Shuriken or new powers.

However, if DE does this, they will have to create new powers for warframes or just have new ways the powers can be used. For example, Volt's speed could be used for himself only at first, until he gains control of it. Then he can speed up his allies' movement. And then, if he masters it, he might even be able to use it on himself only (this would be a different card, but still named Speed) and he would turn into a cloud of electrons and shoot forward in the form of a lightning bolt. This could also do damage if he runs into an enemy.

Sorry for my massive wall of text, but... I really like this idea, and I wanted to build on it. :)

You idea is good too, I don't think I understand everything in 100% because english isn't my Main langueage  : p

I thinked too about, forgotten tenno generators or something like that. adding new levels like Orokin derelict, void

explanation:

Greeniers or Corpus are attacking forgotten tenno building that are underground or in hidden places in space, for tenno these places are liek Holy Temples that are quiet, peace, where tenno beggined their life. Tenno want it to protect it can't be destroyed, greeniers and corpus are searching something there and destroy everything around because something could be hidden. Tenno must to stop them.

Bringing there a special Legendary Tenno keys that can be found in random places of these Holy Tenno Temples and there are a doors.

You must use that key and know the langueage of tenno to good make jigsaw puzzle.

In these doors there will be a special training temple where you find a plans that have explained how to use legendary power that was used to save the universe 10000 years ago catastrophy a war against Demons (or other fractions) ofcorse you will never be able to posses this power without help

This legendary tenno power is one of the hundred that was used in that war.

And we found a Generator for tenno that can be equiped.

These generators can be equipped to the skills.

Examples:

Changing our skill usable, example:

we got a special tenno generator for Snow Globe changing skill to Cold sphere: Removes the Globe, but cold air from the Globe works for full power duration of this skill and have a 15 meters AoE

Special generator for Rhinos Iron skin: Change iron skin to Iron Cocoon: Using Iron skin you are no more abble to move, Rhino cover himself in Iron cocoon that cannot be destroyed, draws the attention of enemies. Time to regenerate shield, After 6 seconds rhino destroys iron cocoon deploying iron sharp razors making bleeding to them.

Founded generator could be random in game, and for random skills, in time there can be done 3 different generators for every skill so players could choice which one.

I think I see where your going but it is still a little hard to understand. From what I gather you intend to have "generators" that an individual must find and harness its power to acquire new power or new knowledge of their existing powers? Either that or just change the way their existing powers function? If you could explain to me what you mean by "generators" and "Tenno power" that might help me understand. Also where does the Tenno power come from? And if you don't mind me asking, what is your main language?

Let's make it simple :

Allow the blizzard effect from snow globe to be affected by range, cause in all honesty, it is just plain stupid that it doesn't.

Allow avalanche to freeze enemies for 5 seconds before shattering.

All of a sudden you have a very balanced warframe, one that actually fits the whole ice theme better and everyone is happy.

But no, i guess that leaving a small portion of blizzard inside a huge snowglobe or having an avalanche that doesn't stop or slow enemies is the way to go, right DE?

I think I see where your going but it is still a little hard to understand. From what I gather you intend to have "generators" that an individual must find and harness its power to acquire new power or new knowledge of their existing powers? Either that or just change the way their existing powers function? If you could explain to me what you mean by "generators" and "Tenno power" that might help me understand. Also where does the Tenno power come from? And if you don't mind me asking, what is your main language?

About these generators.

You find a generator that change your skill. Convert something to something else. Your skill no longer do that, but it does this or power up something else.

Examples:

This skill no longer freeze but have Area of effect and slow down enemies.

Snow Globe: Frost is moving with snow globe. +you have on your self snow globe anywhere you will be. -you cant put snow globe here to protect pode and just go away because the snow globe follows you.

Ash teleport: Ash no longer teleport to enemy, he teleports enemy in front of him.

these are just examples.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

About these generators.

You find a generator that change your skill. Convert something to something else. Your skill no longer do that, but it does this or power up something else.

Examples:

This skill no longer freeze but have Area of effect and slow down enemies.

Snow Globe: Frost is moving with snow globe. +you have on your self snow globe anywhere you will be. -you cant put snow globe here to protect pode and just go away because the snow globe follows you.

Ash teleport: Ash no longer teleport to enemy, he teleports enemy in front of him.

these are just examples.

Okay. Now I see what you're saying. Where would we find these generators, though? The orokin void? In missions? Alerts? How do they work? Do you absorb some kind of ancient energy? Or do you upload new data into yourself? Can you choose what power you change or is it just random?

These are questions you should try to answer, as I think that if DE does implement this, though it is unlikely that they will, they would want to know as much of this as they can for gameplay purposes and to give the lore-nuts something to digest.

Okay. Now I see what you're saying. Where would we find these generators, though? The orokin void? In missions? Alerts? How do they work? Do you absorb some kind of ancient energy? Or do you upload new data into yourself? Can you choose what power you change or is it just random?

These are questions you should try to answer, as I think that if DE does implement this, though it is unlikely that they will, they would want to know as much of this as they can for gameplay purposes and to give the lore-nuts something to digest.

A new maps. Forgotten old Tenno Holy Temples.

Greeniers and Corpus sended there their best unit. Like Gustrag three.

Tenno need to protect their Holy Temples to protect their historii and respect old tennos that helped to protect galaxy 10.000 years ago.

There is a chance that the greeniers found the sekret doors to something that tenno hide in that temple (there are hundred of them) when you will se the greeniers that founded these doors there is waiting Gustrag three with some greeneirs or random Boss with greeneirs/corpus.

You need to get key for these doors, go to these doors and solve puzzle (in tenno language), then you find a random Warframe generator (random generator for skill for your warframe). That Generator helped 10.000 years ago to protect the galaxy.

After that mission, you can equip generator to your warframe skill, equip and unequip when you want (not in mission ofcorse ; p)

If the greeniers didn't found these doors yet you don't need to fight with Gustrag three or bosses.

explanations:

Generator is like electronics, if you add something to electrical system it have a chance to work in different way, if you know how it works then you know where to add that.

About protecting galaxy. 10.000 years ago Warframes protected it from the faction that has been eliminated in 100% that wanted to destroy whole galaxy they was too much powerfull for Warframes so they needed to do something, and they maded generators. And with these generators they finaly destroyed that evil race.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

If almost every idea will be ignored that is better than what it is in Warframe then NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN WARFRAME PEOPLE!!!

I see many people complaining about nerfing and powering up skills, and almost every idea is Ignored or being ripped of because of someone writed a good idea how to Balance the skill and not being OP no more :/. You want to Nerf skill but still you want to be OP . God damn it!.

Seriously that comunity is starting to Pi*sing me off.
I'm not talking about my ideas I saw some better ideas that it is in Warframe game at the time and get only 13 voices and bye bye the topic has been ignored -_-.

Edited by IfritKajiTora