The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo: A True Tenno Environment

Blacque

I will begin by saying that I am a tremendous fan of this game and I offer enthusiastic support and applause to the DE for offering such a fantastic game.

I will also say that it is far too easy to criticize and demean the hard work of others and I would like to make clear that what I am here to offer is not simply a critique of the game, but a constructive(hopefully) series of ideas and concepts that might help the playerbase as well as the DE (as demands for more content and purpose are high).

So let's get to it.

The Dojo!

The dojo is one of the best parts of the game but I think that its purpose hasn't truly been tapped into.  I know that the DE has many plans and I sincerely hope that the ideas I have in my head (soon to be presented) will be something of an inspiration if not something to be considered.  Even if all of my ideas are tossed out as junk I love this game and thank the DE and the playerbase for making it a joy.

So far the dojo offers no true purpose due to a lack of interaction.  From a story purpose it seems to lack function and it servers only a modicum of importance in getting certain frames and weaponry.  I would love to see that changed.  First and foremost I would like to propose something that would actually hinder the mass production of clans until the rank of at least 6.   I will make a point by point case starting now.

1: Limiting dojo creation for all players until they are rank 6 or beyond.

(Reason) New players who find out that there is a home all their own are quick to create a clan which can be a tremendous drain on their resources.  Instead of learning the game, its weapons and mechanics they invest (sometimes poorly) in the construction of a dojo by themselves which severely limits their upward mobility in the game.  This also hinders the ability to recruit new players to help instruct them as many are reluctant to leave behind their hard work in favor of another clan.  If players were forced to work toward the required level in order to create a dojo, they may be inspired to join with other clans to learn how to earn more resources, credits and other materials, handle playing with other players as well as teaching and hosting.  As it stands recruiting can be quite the chore when you find out that new players are in clans of their own design with one or two other players in their clan (that are also severely hindered in their progression due to a leader who is not well equipped or knowledgeable about the game) that do not wish to abandon their efforts or their friends.  I propose rank 6 as a soft number due to the fact that most of the knowledge of in game mechanics should be understood by this level as the various weapons of import are unlocked.  Most players at this rank have a good handle of their frame(s) resources and weapons.

2: Dojo interaction.

This has been brought up a number of times but I think it is worth repeating.  Allowing Tenno to interact with their dojo environment.  So much effort has been put into the dojo's wonderful design.  From stone benches, to large bells that we can ring.  Sitting down on a bench and admiring the view, or even putting a steel bench in a reactor, to sit and enjoy the marvel of fusion in the works would be a wonderfully immersive experience for those who enjoy a 'role play' experience.  Pools that can be lounged in.  Barracks that can actually be slept in (More details on this to come) and more animations that would allow players to goof off in their dojos in more interesting ways.

3: Dojo Purpose:

The Dojo in any martial arts is the place where training, learning and mentoring takes place.  Currently the dojo offers dueling as well as an obstacle course which are amazing in their design and function.  Adding an area to the dojo that would allow Tenno to not only test their Warframes alone or with other members (without killing them) would be amazing.  A sort of range for weaponry testing would also be a wonderful addition.  Imagine being able to load up weapons from the marketplace, or the various research departments and test them before investing in their construction.  While it is always best to get every weapon and max every items, being able to get a feel for each piece of gear, how it can be modded and how it handles in a test only environment would I think (and hope) give many mentors and pupils a better idea of what direction they wish to go.  Perhaps even an area to test different Warframes for newer players who are wondering on which frame they should purchase/build next?  The sky is the limit.  My clan specializes in teaching new players how to play the game an understand its mechanics.  Going to a room inside of the dojo and handing them a version of a Boltor, with a selection of mods to give them an idea of what they can do, what they want to get next could be a wonderful addition to make the clan more of an interactive and purposeful environment.  A shooting gallery, a melee testing facility, a stealth testing environment, a warframe testing area could be very fun and helpful.

4: Personalization:

The dojo has a great deal to offer in the way of personalizing the look and feel.  From the bells and the incense jars, to the bridges and gardens.  However having rooms that could be assigned to tenno per their rank and their experience, sort of like individual dormitories could be an amazing investment for clans that are immersed in the lore and story.  Offering a new member a simple room that they can modify to their tastes and that room having the ability to be upgraded as that player ascends in rank, gives each member something to work toward within their dojo oppose to just a bump up in title alone.  This could be implemented in the barracks that currently exist, with each doorway branching off to a section that could be a specific instance all its own for each member, as assigned by the clan leader.  This would give the barracks more purpose and offer each player more incentive to really work with their clan.  This level of personalization could be amplified by letting the profile of the player be on physical display as well.  Imagine being able to enter another player's barracks and see their records in a terminal, or their weapons within their vault?  A vault that grows in size and displays more and more as they level up items.  This could (maybe) also be a helpful tool to help players who have sold their weapons and wish to give them a try again.  If you at have the slots purchased by platinum withdrawing weapons from the past from your arsenal in the dojo could be a fun way of reliving the fun weapons that you just didn't feel like using, OR were outshined by other weapons. 

5: Connected to the game!

As the DE has mentioned; a central hub is in the works.  An area that all players can spawn and then wander around and see their Tenno brothers and sisters all mingling.

That... is.. Awesome.

The need for a dojo outside of 'meetings' and specific weapons could also be amplified by using the dojo as a different sort of hub.  For players without a game they may spawn directly in the hub, with other players just as the hub was intended.  For those who are in clan it would be nice if they had an option to spawn in the dojo upon their entrance into the game.  A door inside of the dojo could be set up that takes you to a teleporter device that whisks you to the hub, or perhaps a ship that does the same?  Perhaps attacks en route could be an issue, the sky(space!!!!!) is the limit.  For practical purposes it once more makes the dojo a requirement for players working with others to advance alongside their friends.  The dojo could also have an area built that mimicks the hubs central purpose.  I think the DE addressed this and mentioned a sort of hub device that may be present in the actual HUB itself, though having it added to the dojo (through building of course) would also be nice.  This brings me to the next point!

6:  Fun and Duty!

If the dojo has all of this as well as a center for logistics from which messages, alerts, invasions can be SEEN on a video screen, then Ta-Da you have an organization, a clan, an actual force to be reckoned with!  Imagine your Tenno walking down the long corridor and entering a large room where in the center a holographic Lotus feeds you updates of current activities, (your login reward too maybe?) as well as your current clan status (depending on future content).  Information accessed in an interactive way via terminals that can be modified by the clan or clan leader.  Imagine being able to construct flat screens that can be mounted on walls, or pivot points through which your could VIEW YOUR TENNO BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHILE THEY ARE IN A MISSION!  Transmissions from their state in a mission going right to the Tenno across the board, for those in the room previewing the information being able to join in from that point to lend assistance OR having more experienced members offering guidance while watching the progress of less experienced members.  This type of interactivity would give a sense of purpose, power as well as connectivity to the clans that have a heavy investment in their families.  Also it would be cool to lounge in a pool, or hang in your personal barracks and watch a video screen that displays information, or statistics, or player activity during down time. 

7: Actual Ranks that mean something.

So far the permissions for the ranking system are pretty darn awesome.  However as far as the clan is concerned it's just a title and certain perks that affect construction and contribution.  But!  What if each rank had a clearance level?  What if the lowliest member had to work to become more trusted before not only getting his nicer room, but also access to better places?  It would keep people from clan hopping if they were forced to commit, contribute and be trusted before being able to access the research department, or the armory, or other areas that the clan leaders deem "Special zones".  Doorways that are locked, or doorways that are hidden?  Ninja are known for their secrets.  Imagine a dojo that has them as well.  Walls that are actually teleporter doors that lead to forbidden areas.  Hallways that lead to nowhere, but may lead to somewhere if you have the right key?  These concepts could make the dojo not only a fun, purposeful place but a mystery to those who enter and are trying to prove their worth to their more experienced brethren.  What if some of these doorways could actually be 'hacked' and security alarms would go off and that Tenno could be punished by having to sit in Tenno jail! Just kidding... though if they were caught and force to do a mission for some goodies, with a specific sort of gear or limitations could be fun.  In all seriousness however I think that having rank mean something more than what it does now could be yet another motivating factor.

8: An actual physical market place that can be accessed via the HuB as well as the Dojo.  Walking through a door, greeting a droid, or a holographic image of Darvo, or another Corpus representative, or a human!  Maybe even a holographic Lotus?  Selling you the very items that we see in the marketplace.  Being able to test these weapons on the spot (or in the test center before mentioned; they could be linked) Mingling with others in the market place physically and getting feedback from others, as well as maybe even seeing the colors and appearance of the items before paying for them.  Immersion is the best! Especially in this game!

So that is my list! I hope that the DE and the community finds it helpful, and inspirational!  I know for a fact that many of these points will be addressed, or are already being implemented and for that I am very very glad and I hope they turn out wonderful (I'm sure they will.) For some of the other items on the list I am more than willing to toss money at this game monthly to see them happen (I have a problem) I'm poor and in spite of that I love this game enough to toss at least 30 bucks at it each and every month if I knew for a fact that some of this would be added.

If only I was rich!

Anyway  please those who read this post a comment, and make this thread huge.  Add your ideas if you'd like but I'm looking to catch the eye of the DE with these ideas and hopefully inspire them to add more for the purposes of immersion.  There is so much that this game offers and I would love to see it expanded on.  Imagine having your own personalized room that you can show to your tenno brothers.  displaying your various badges, achievements, weapons, your warframes and so on.

9: Oh yes one more thing!

Empty rooms.  Just rooms that have four exits but otherwise have nothing in t hem.  As odd as it sounds just having an empty node that can be used for whatever would be a tremendous help for customizing.  Four doors, open floor and maybe an option for size.  It could be used to create a custom lounge, a secret room, or anything.  So far each and every room already serves a very specific purpose which kind of limits true creativity.  Just an idea!

So please if you find these ideas worthwhile, pass the word and make a ruckus!  The noisy wheel gets the fantastic dojo in which to squeak!

DE

Great job

Keep up the great work!

Ok, quick small correction that is incredibly annoying to read: it's either "the devs" (shorthand for "developers") or just "DE" (shorthand for "Digital Extremes"). Not "the DE", that just sounds terrible.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

Sorry for the DE DEVS mix up.  I mean DEVS whenever I put the DE thing.  So sorry about that.  It's one of those issues where my mind knows what I mean and I forget that all of you aren't telepathic like some of the people I talk to.  So DE=DEVELOPERS Sorry!  Also for those who are in support of this post please spread the word.  I figure if enough people see it and spread it around and support it then the Devs might implement some of these goodies.  Thank you so much!

I would love a "Docking Room" where all of the members (present in the dojo) spaceships are dock. You could visit all of the ships. The ships would be customizable: in it they would be all of your weapons (or at least your more played primary, secondary and melee weapons). You would also see all of the events you have participated in ( emblems on a wall?). You could add some decorative elements too. It would be great if mastery rank could affect the look of the ship interior, showing that your ship have seen a lot of missions.

I would also like to see different skins for the dojo (like blue/red/grey/... walls or modern/ancient).

3. Don't think we can just upload it from the marketplace, would more be like that someone will need to build it and give it to the clan (the player would of course not be able to get the weapon back )so everyone can  try it out.

But else it's just to say I WANT IT

Edited by BabyKurama

These are definitely some nice concepts and coming from experience I know what it's like to be new and start a clan with a small group of friends. All though we were new and didn't completely know everything we chose to stick with it and not join a clan we ran into. None the less, we have made a decent stand so far and can't wait to keep progressing. Now the suggestion to the rank requirement for building a clan I think is actually really nice, but I think rank 5 can suit more appropriately.

I don't think Mrank should dictate which rooms you could go into because I'm a lvl 6 warlord with a lvl 14 second in command with two gens. One 3 and the other 4. But I do think it should based off of clan rank.

We are very involved in the everyday responsibilities of the clan.

We train leut. We recruit nonstop. We have a stealth section and a run and gun section. We even have "hustlers"(traders). These ideas would be a dream to a clan like ours.  

The biggest problem that we come across is that, we cant make anyone do anything. But I'm sure with incentives and blocks things would be a lot easier for our leadership.

I have thought that it would be cool to have a "war room" or a room for leadership. A room where we are cut off from communication with the rest of the clan, unless we allow it. Where we can talk to the board of leaders in private about the direction of the clan or what have you. Also I have a lot of respect for the other warlords and when they come to my dojo, I don't think that they or I should be distracted by the everyday goings on by my or their clan brothers. I just feel like there should be some visable distinction between ranks and permissions in the clan. If not what's the point of ranks? It would also be a good idea if we could set up a rank tree so people could see who their next in command is and who reports to them.

Also idk if this is implemented and I just haven't found it yet, but an actual tangible vault room where privy people can actually pull resources from it. From pl to morphics to forma to rhue. Maybe even stacked mods for other tenno. We like to share everything even pl. We put up pl for new players keys and badges and even weps in most cases. We would like to share the wealth and pool together our treasures. Its hard to do when you have to trust a person to be responsible or even keep track of "clan funds" without it.

Training is a major, MAJOR part of our daily tasks. We would like to have an interactive room like where the DE was going with the obsti course. That would make it so much easier. We would like a room that teaches movements(hopefully movement2.0), melee2.0 combos, aiming proficiency, or other things.

It would be cool if we could send a list things that needed to be farmed. And people could sign up to take on the task. Also if we could see who farmed what, how much and when. So it would feel like we were actually going on missions. Whats the point of an army if we all just freelance, right? I think it would make the lower brothers feel better and trusting if they saw that their efforts really mattered. Basically we would set our own clan alerts. We want to give pl or a rare mod or promote for helping out the most. But we cant keep track or check the truthfulness of the donators. Matter of a fact we could just go to the list and see who has contributed the most and fought who and who many times. In the form of the same comparison that they have for the weps and wf. So we could do evaluations for promotions,

Like OP said the sky(space) is the limit.

Edited by (PS4)Mr_Goddamn_It

aEpungP.jpg
Take all of my upvotes!

But really, yes. I love this. I love all of it. This entire post is just a wall of beauty. It is glorious. I'm in a roleplaying clan and I very, very strongly believe all of this should be implemented (though maybe the MR requirement could be lowered a bit. 3~4 maybe?). The docking room idea is awesome too, as well as the personalized barracks. Just. All of it is amazing. Please, please DE, do this.

Edit: I vote for Dojo 2.0! Also put that gif in a spoiler for, uh. Reasons.

Edited by Ossarian

Role play is the life blood of the creative!!!! Thank you all for your support and ideas!  I was hoping that with enough attention the DE might implement some of this but I'm sure it would take time.  Please keep it coming!  Spray paint some walls!  Thank you everyone so very much!  I'm loving the feedback and the fact that so many people see the clan dojo's as a huge pot of potential!  Let the DE know that our voices will be heard! Resonating through the halls of the dojo until new halls somehow manifest!

I would love a "Docking Room" where all of the members (present in the dojo) spaceships are dock. You could visit all of the ships. The ships would be customizable: in it they would be all of your weapons (or at least your more played primary, secondary and melee weapons). You would also see all of the events you have participated in ( emblems on a wall?). You could add some decorative elements too. It would be great if mastery rank could affect the look of the ship interior, showing that your ship have seen a lot of missions.

I would also like to see different skins for the dojo (like blue/red/grey/... walls or modern/ancient).

Something I posted the other day...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/207238-idea-for-greater-hall-it-needs-function/

• 2 months later...

I more or less abandoned the crusade regarding the dojo revamp due to a lack of involvement on the part of a lot of my peers and my own general laziness.  I mentioned it in clan chat and alliance chat and was always more or less given the 'I'll get to it' nod and head pat.  Regardless discussions continued and a few ideas (A few that are quite similar to a few posted above) popped up so I figured that I'd toss them out here as an extension.  Maybe if the thread continues to develop, grow and advance the devs will be drawn in by its groovy gravitational grip.  So! On to the creative!

Okay so before creating let me address the concerns, thoughts and problems (if any) presented by my former post, or posts added on after.

The ranking system for level clearance in the dojo would always be determined by the Warlord, regardless of rank.  I apologize for not being clear but I do understand how it could be problematic to have a lower ranked member in authority not having access to his own dojo.

For the new players being allowed to create their own dojos.  I love the fact that this can be done in a way and I hate it.  I know I'll get flak for it but I stand by my original post.  As a player who exists in the game at this point to train new players, help them get better, gear them up and draw them deeper into the family, nothing frustrates me more than to have a new player of only three weeks tell me they've dumped their resources and their credits into their dojo, do not want to leave it because they invested so much into it, OR that they DO leave their dojo and cannot retrieve their hard earned goodies.  Thankfully alliances do alleviate some of this and there are several ideas that I have across the board to help streamline the dojo/alliance affairs.  At the end of the day I feel that the community has a great wealth of game play just waiting for them in the next generation of players that are seeping in from all over.  These players pop in and are looking for mentors, Warlords, guides and Obi Wan Kanobi's to help them excel.  Being able to draw new players into a solid family from the start and not have to ask them to ditch their weeks long investment would be nice.

Or let them build their dojo.  However if the dojo has only one member and no vault, let them break down their dojo, regain the resources and go to a new home?  I dunno.    Moving on!

1: Docking... (Thank you AtomFailure for your insight and contribution!)

The original docking post caused me to tip my head and ask "Why?"

Then I found out that the devs are doing some or other with ships and I thought "Ooooooh that's why!"

So my brain began to hurt and ideas began to pop out and this is what I thought.

1: The Hangar!

The Hangar would act as yet another dojo room added to the over all environment with the only restriction being that other rooms cannot be built above, below or around it.  The Hanngar must protrude so that it can give an impressive view into space.  The sense of location while within the dojo, would be enhanced by a physical ideal of placement.  It would also keep people from having a Trophy room jutting out into space where ships are suppose to be docking and landing.  Whatever the position it would be best (I think of course) to have the hangar be a special zone that remains solid as well as incapable of being built over, on top of.   The Hangar would share a few traits with other mentioned Dojo Updates (From this post only) such as clearance areas.  Ideally the Hangar itself would be a larger room like a Greater Hall, with several empty room panels spanning X number of levels.  Each room would represent an instance that would be designated to the character who builds upon it as decided by the clan's officers.  Each personal doorway could lead to the ship's interior itself, or perhaps to an actual bay area where the ship is presented in the flesh, where customization and detailing is done (I have no idea how far along the ship idea is so bear with me).  This works along the same idea/structure of the personal rooms for Tenno (which I want so bad! Give our Architects some jobs!)

Features:  Solar Rail and Star Map Access:  From The hangar (provided you have a ship) you can utilize the rail system and the map, the void or even other dojos that are allied to your clans.  This allows for members of the same alliance to wander the halls of their brother and sister clans without needing to pester for an invite!  Express Elevators!  The Hangar will extend out and upward and downward like a column on the side of the asteroid.  This would allow for future development for larger clans and also provide for a more scenic view.  Also if the devs decide to really expand on the idea of ship relevance then it could even be a view to the ships beyond that are lingering in their individual bays.  The express elevator would be an elevator system that shoots you to the level you want.

(Side Note:  Please add Express Elevators:  An elevator system that can be installed to replace or upgrade a set of elevators that bridge 2 or more floors.  Activate the elevator and a panel comes up where you press the number of the floor (or name) and boom there you are!)

All in all I hope that the hangar gets added and that it adds a level of true personal depth to the dojo.  Having floors and gardens in a dojo with a view into space in spite of the fact that it's beneath other floors is odd but then again 'ninja!'

Moving on!

Someone in this thread! (Thanks to BabyKurama for touching on this topic.  It has been one that I've been pondering over for a while and recently I had an idea on how to expand on it and make the game a bit more interactive.)

1: Weapons Training Facility

Gun ranges.  Archery Ranges.  Shuriken and Kunai posts.  Melee weapon targets.  All of these are par the course.  However the weapons in and of themselves have to come from somewhere.  The idea came to me when I realized how many weapons I and others have leveled and then tossed to make room for other weapons.  Having the option to donate permanently a weapon to a clan vault so that it can be retrieved while inside of the Weapon's Training facility would help to put to use the things that we once played with, loved and wouldn't mind goofing off with again.  It also has the added benefit of allowing players to explore future development as the devs fix, tweak and adjust weaponry and weapons combos in future updates.  If a weapon you loved in the past was given a buff or a nerf, if it was donated you could pick it up from the facility and give it a go.  The Weapon's Training Facility would also have an Artifact Locker where clan members can donate their mods of varying level to the cause so that testing of builds can be done across the board!  New players can have a better idea of what they can and can't access as weaponry beyond their rank will have the information present though letting them use it in a 'safe environment' would give a bit more incentive to earning that mastery rank.  Specters could be donated as well so that actual builds and weapons can be tested against Tenno-like enemies, adding another use for the specter function.

2:  The War Room:  (Thank you Mr_Goddamn_It for touching on this topic as it has been something of an issue for myself as well.  Calling meetings only to realize that... we're just talking is kind of disheartening)

The War Room being a clearance room is accessed by officers appointed by the Warlord based on clan ranking.  Once within the chamber a separate chat window will open that allows for the leader of the meeting to invite other leaders to hold council with him or her in private.  The War Room is a room that I would very much like to see having observational systems to be able to keep an eye on the dojo and other players through the Clan Viewing System, as well as information (Like what is already presented in the clan tab in game) regarding clan construction and necessary contributions pending for continued construction.  From this room daily tasks could be assigned to different ranked members of the clan.  Higher ranked members of the clan could be assigned to farm, instruct, or keep an eye out for X project, while less experienced members could be in charge of any number of suitable tasks as a 'clan quest' system where rewards from the clan are discussed and offered.

3:  Clan Quests: 

The clan has specific needs and those specific needs aren't met without guidance and instruction.  Again thank you to Mr_Goddamn_It for bringing this to my attention!  A donation Vault for resources would be mighty fine.  A vault for the officers to manage for the purposes of rewarding clan members for their hard work would also be quite nice as well.  The Clan Quest system would allow the clan officers to assign an item, number of resources or credits, or even mods (To be expanded on) that must be retrieved.  When the quest is offered it will come up like an Affinity Objective (Achieve X number of rubedo).  After this task is completed the rubedo is delivered to the clan's resource vault and the contributing members are awarded their share of the resource, credits, plat, or even specific mods.  Mod Capture opens up more possibilities for adding incentive to senior members.  Quests for higher members may be to explore the Orokin Derelicts for corrupted mods, running Nightmare missions, or even farming specific prime parts that could be offered as rewards.  The Resource vault would become a more significant item for the Treasurer to look after and once more give the clan a more active sense of purpose.

4:  The Walls:

This has come up a lot during discussions about the dojo.  I personally miss the old derelict lay out but when it comes to the walls in and of themselves they need some jazz.  Different tilesets are more likely than not on their way.  I'm not going to bother expanding on the idea that "We need different colors."  With everything in the dojo I like the environment to not only serve as something visually pleasing but also as purposeful to the way the clan interacts.  I'm less confident in this particular idea because Warframe is not a hugely resource heavy game and I know that fine tweaking the little bits here and there can start to add up.  However actually allowing dojo rooms to have a aesthetic overlay might be the best way to go about it.  This could be achieved by adding a manufacturing wing where our loyal ninja explore the universe for components, items and other oddities that can be put into this research department for the purposes of creating layers and textures that can be added to the clan's building.  Once this project finishes, it would be found in the same clan room building terminal found in each room.  When activated nothing would change, but, it would open up a different window that shows various 'themes' that could take over the current one.  Sort of like a projection of the walls only... prettier?  I know it's sloppy but the last thing I want is for a lot of players to crash out the moment they enter a rainbow bright, polkadot room.  It would also help keep the theme of the game intact, give players something ELSE To do and give DE yet another project "Come up with amazing wallpaper contest!"  We all know they'd love it.

4:  Relax and enjoy the view!

Once the tenno learn to sit, lay down, bow and wave, let's give them things to do these things with!  Chairs, Tables, Couches.  Empty rooms that don't have four openings begging to be built onto but beg to have a warm ambient fireplace with a throw rug, rocking chair and loyal kubrow curled up at your feet dwelling within!  Just having a simple room to stuff things into adds a world of possibilities.  The option to add extra doors one, two, or three, would go a long way, or it could just be an empty room to stuff the misfit players into when they're acting up.  The sky is the limit!

Thanks to everyone who has had a helping hand in adding details and information to the original post.  I'll try to keep this thread alive.  I know DE_Rebecca took a glimpse at it (Or I think she did, I asked her, she said she would.) I haven't gotten anything back but they're busy and are working so I understand.  I'd love for more people to eyeball this post and support it and advance it with ideas and features, even methods for execution to help keep things streamline for PCs that aren't uber. 

Adios chums

I'd just like to say that I still heavily support this idea. I really like the idea of dead-end rooms specifically for thematic decorations. It'll add a sense of warmth to the dojo and make it feel more homely. The Hangar is probably my favourite idea though, and once they figure out how to restrict room placement, maybe they can do the same to the Observatory to avoid having see-through Dojo rooms (yes I know someone who did that).

Keeping the thread active, big and more ideas!  If it gets enough attention maybe the devs will spot it and snag a few ideas!  Spread the word and keep churning out ideas.  Take any idea and then discuss it with others, post it here and I'll be more than happy to see if I can't contribute alongside our brothers and sisters in arms! 

Obstacle Course Room:  Letting clan leaders test and train other tenno via self designed obstacle courses? Why not?  Setting challenges with reward systems linked to the 'Clan Quest System' could be fun too.  Why not!

Natural Decorations:  Imagine growing a moss wall after scanning (More uses for Codex/Helios) and planting, gardening (New Research lab? Or more for the bio/chem lab.  This could add other possibilities to expand upon certainly.

Please! Spread the word about this post and keep the ideas coming!

Keeping the thread active, big and more ideas!  If it gets enough attention maybe the devs will spot it and snag a few ideas!  Spread the word and keep churning out ideas.  Take any idea and then discuss it with others, post it here and I'll be more than happy to see if I can't contribute alongside our brothers and sisters in arms! 

Obstacle Course Room:  Letting clan leaders test and train other tenno via self designed obstacle courses? Why not?  Setting challenges with reward systems linked to the 'Clan Quest System' could be fun too.  Why not!

Natural Decorations:  Imagine growing a moss wall after scanning (More uses for Codex/Helios) and planting, gardening (New Research lab? Or more for the bio/chem lab.  This could add other possibilities to expand upon certainly.

Please! Spread the word about this post and keep the ideas coming!

No not for bio/chem lab, GARDEN LAB YES YES OH YES. GOOD IDEA :3

house-do-want.jpg

Besides the obligatory "DO WANT", this is what i would like to see in a dojo. And when you mentioned the garden lab, I thought of rooms made of almost purely infested growth. :D

It would also be cool if there were occasional Grineer/Corpus raids on the dojo, where you have to defend the dojo, either by exterminating the enemies, or defending a reactor core or something. and if the enemy would succeed in destroying the core, it would cause power outage for a while (3-4 hours), or low gravity for a while, or some rooms would lose oxygen intake till it`s fixed...

Then the Dojo would feel like it`s actually a physical place in the Sol system, not just a computer, where everyone jacks in to have a massive LAN-party... Currently the Dojo feels disconnected with everything else. Heck, even the Void feels more connected to the Sol system.

OHHHH, almost forgot. Rooms with glass panes, so you can see the stars `n stuff outside. Make a garden room, with one wall made out of glass, and i`ll throw money at the screen in a split-second.

Edited by Psychotoxin

It would also be cool if there were occasional Grineer/Corpus raids on the dojo, where you have to defend the dojo, either by exterminating the enemies, or defending a reactor core or something. and if the enemy would succeed in destroying the core, it would cause power outage for a while (3-4 hours), or low gravity for a while, or some rooms would lose oxygen intake till it`s fixed...

Then the Dojo would feel like it`s actually a physical place in the Sol system, not just a computer, where everyone jacks in to have a massive LAN-party... Currently the Dojo feels disconnected with everything else. Heck, even the Void feels more connected to the Sol system.

I personally am not a fan of this idea. The dojo should be a place to chill out without having to worry about stuff like that.

I personally am not a fan of this idea. The dojo should be a place to chill out without having to worry about stuff like that.

I mean, it could happen once in 2-3 weeks... i don`t want grineer lounging in my Junno water garden every day, any more than the next guy...