Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Krauserlols' Ultimate Corpus Update Threat! The Corpus Shall Rise! [Nef Anyo Revealed! Sorta]

Evariskitsune FOr the Railgun i already have my own heavy railgun desigh, problema is im still strugling whit Nef's Anyo design.

Titans are still in pretty much "Alpha" i got the idea but not really well developed. I was thinking Titans could be kind of Mini-bosses the size of Lephantis or maybe a bit smaller. Still not sure how "humanoid" they will look but be sure they will pack alot of firepower and defenses. Your ideas are pretty cool though, may use some of them.

On the MOAs i was thinking they could behave like the Marauders in Borderlands 2, they could stand there, shoot a couple of times then rolling to a side or maybe just running and gunning around its target. They are suposed to be mobile turrets and F*** they will be when im finished whit them

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! SPREAD THE WORD!

1.  If you have a heavy railgun design, why not post the stats?  It's always a good thing to have bits up for discussion.  And having more than one person working on a project idea is more likely to come up with an ideal solution than an individual, no?

2.  I'd say that yes, they should be mini-boss like.  Given the Orokin ancestry and ideas so far... I'd say humanoid would be the best way to go.  And on a thought of lore... perhaps they would have been a latch-ditch defense effort by the Orokin, quickly deigned as a counter to the Tenno in the old war when the Tenno turned on them?  It would explain their few numbers, and why they would be mostly destroyed outright.

3.  Well yes, they're supposed to be mobile turrets, which is exactly it doesn't make stance for them to let their profile be any larger than necessary in a moment.  Anti-MOA units appear to be destroyer units and thus would make sense being positioned in ambush positions; the sides of corridors.  Fusion MOAs are the heavy units among them, unlike the others they don't appear to be set up as mobile turrets in their design, but instead as a infantry replacement unit, and thus I would think they would be the units to hold chokepoints.  

Edited by Evariskitsune

Evariskitsune I welcome any help! its always good to do anything whit friends. You should follow this thread so we can keep the discussion going.

1- Since im not used to Snipers im still working on the numbers but i will post them son enough since im now focusing on Nef Anyo fight.

2- Thats exactly my point, regular Titans are copies of the original where Corpus reverse engineered it but Amulas is the actual Orokin Titan reconstructed and fully funtional.

3- I dont think i will change the MOAs that much, maybe l¿play around whit their speed and size. Anti-MOAs and Fusion wont be altered at all. They are fine as they are.

Evariskitsune I welcome any help! its always good to do anything whit friends. You should follow this thread so we can keep the discussion going.

1- Since im not used to Snipers im still working on the numbers but i will post them son enough since im now focusing on Nef Anyo fight.

2- Thats exactly my point, regular Titans are copies of the original where Corpus reverse engineered it but Amulas is the actual Orokin Titan reconstructed and fully funtional.

3- I dont think i will change the MOAs that much, maybe l¿play around whit their speed and size. Anti-MOAs and Fusion wont be altered at all. They are fine as they are.

1.  Well, you could use my concept as a base idea; perhaps give Nef a more powerful version or a slightly altered version.  But if you're looking for a true railgun within reasonable game stats, generally speaking I tried to do my best to make such, with two different balanced versions.  One balanced version vs the Lanka, and the other balanced vs the Penta.  Honestly speaking, I'm not sure you'd want something more powerful. 

2.  I would assume such, however you didn't put much behind the lore of the titans to explain why they exist in the first place.  Hence my suggestion for lore.

3.  Design wise I would agree on the Anti-MOAs and Fusion MOAs, however I believe they should have an AI and spawn adjustment to fit into the overall strategic layout of corpus bots.  As for regular MOAs, I will still point out there is no point to them standing as tall as they can when in a clear firing position, this just makes them a bigger target for no good reason.  Thus again, AI optimization, have them take a "hull down' position to make them harder to kill. 

Evariskitsune 

1- the stats i have so far are something like this:

Special deatures:

- Innate punch through: Bullets will go through almost all objects and Enemies.

- Milimeter scanner Scope: Allows you to see enemies through objects.

- Multy layer battery: the Railgun has 3 stages, each increasses the damage and speed of the bullet. Only needs one layer to shoot.

Magazine: 4.

Reload speed: 2.5 seconds.

Charge time: 2 seconds per layer.

still working on damage numbers.

2- I know i just had the concept and though they could be War Machines from the last great war, if the Tenno where involved in it or not is not really clear, but probably since everyone keep calling us "traitors".

3- we could reduce the spawn rate of normal Crewmen and leave MOAs and SHockwave MOAs as the normal infantry, whit the crewmen as support fire. I recently have played the Rail defense missions and gave me some good ideas for Corpus.

Evariskitsune 

1- the stats i have so far are something like this:

Special deatures:

- Innate punch through: Bullets will go through almost all objects and Enemies.

- Milimeter scanner Scope: Allows you to see enemies through objects.

- Multy layer battery: the Railgun has 3 stages, each increasses the damage and speed of the bullet. Only needs one layer to shoot.

Magazine: 4.

Reload speed: 2.5 seconds.

Charge time: 2 seconds per layer.

still working on damage numbers.

2- I know i just had the concept and though they could be War Machines from the last great war, if the Tenno where involved in it or not is not really clear, but probably since everyone keep calling us "traitors".

3- we could reduce the spawn rate of normal Crewmen and leave MOAs and SHockwave MOAs as the normal infantry, whit the crewmen as support fire. I recently have played the Rail defense missions and gave me some good ideas for Corpus.

1.  My Railgun concept pretty much covers the first part; the other two would be custom bits for the boss battle.  And personally, I'd balance it versus the Penta in terms of damage.  It truly should be a one shot one kill vs most tenno if it gets a direct hit.  Force the boss to require team play and reviving each other.  As frustrating as that may be to some... let's face it, it's a railgun. 

2.  Well if I understand lore correctly, humanity rose up against the Orokin, initially the Orokin got the Tenno who had been outcast from humanity due to their symbiosis with the technocyte and the Orokin used their outcast status to get the Tenno to fight with them, but then something changed and the Tenno decided to stand with humanity and turned on the Orokin, and the Tenno were the ones to put an end to the Orokin in the first place... so it would make sense for something like this to be a last-ditched effort of defense vs the Tenno given the Orokin were doing fine through most of the war until the Tenno switched sides. 

3.  I'd say reduce crewmen spawn rate as a whole; they should be at realistic stations in rooms, have arms lockers they have to run to once an alert occurs in order to take their primary weapons, and then they utilize cover and stay back.  Otherwise they should be limited to their sidearms, though still utilize cover in such a way.  Leave the main fighting to MOA units in general - and MOAs should be set out in a strategic fashion.  Given their speed and small size, regular MOAs should act as riflemen, moving from one point to another after firing a few bursts, while firing, taking a prone position.  Shockwave MOA units should be rusher / melee units, moving to distract enemies.  Anti-MOAs should be ambush units, using their firepower from side corridors, behind cover, etc.  And Fusion MOAs would be AoD units (area of denial), holding chokepoints.  Railgun MOA units, as you suggested, should be snipers, alongside the crewmen.  Shield Ospreys should have one permanently assigned to each Fusion MOA group on patrol, with multiple that would be deployed upon an alert.  Cameras should set off alarms, not just raise laser barriers, thus giving crewmen time to take up arms and find defensive positions.  They should stay armed after an alert has occurred for the remainder of the mission.  Mine ospreys should place mines less randomly, instead blocking off specific avenues, blocking off flanking routes and making it harder to escape moving into the heart of enemy fire.    Oxium Ospreys should instead of suicide, act like cavalry, and make strafing runs on enemies until they are destroyed.   

Overall I believe that given their status, Corpus units should be based more on strategy than anything else, utilizing their individual units to their strengths, and approach combat as a combined arms force, and against a strategic based enemy such as the Corpus, stealth should be awarded more than anything towards the ease of completing a mission.  Aside from this, there should be unit based tactics as above suggested and other improvements to AI.

Evariskitsune

1- That shockwave is pretty OP men, i would suggest changing the shockwave for Innate punch throug and the scanner i suggested. otherwise its perfect. Now imjust hae to see where i fit the Railgun in this huge thread :/

2- Seems legit!

3- Pretty good i like it, for the Shockwave MOAs i wanted to change them into "Dive Bombers", smaller units that jump to a location, head first, and créate a shockwave on landing, then proceed to attack nearby players whit kicks and stuff.

Maybe Crewmen should only appear in strategic points like near reactors, scorting a Railgun MOA or a Admiral and in choke points.

Evariskitsune

1- That shockwave is pretty OP men, i would suggest changing the shockwave for Innate punch throug and the scanner i suggested. otherwise its perfect. Now imjust hae to see where i fit the Railgun in this huge thread :/

2- Seems legit!

3- Pretty good i like it, for the Shockwave MOAs i wanted to change them into "Dive Bombers", smaller units that jump to a location, head first, and créate a shockwave on landing, then proceed to attack nearby players whit kicks and stuff.

Maybe Crewmen should only appear in strategic points like near reactors, scorting a Railgun MOA or a Admiral and in choke points.

1.  The 1 meter shockwave would be a rough estimation, and (fairly within game terms) realistic for a mach 10 20mm diameter projectile. 

2.  I read the bits of story I can, I have read through pretty much every bit of story info I could find on the wiki.  So yeah.

3.  Eh, but that takes out the distracter unit tactics, and the corpus lose out on any 'melee' units.  As for crewmen, it should be based on facility; the tilesets should designate spawn zones, and density of spawns based on what is present on a tileset.  In defense / survival missions, Crewmen should be a much rarer sight.  And in elimination / assassination, a more common one.  Also, elimination should count only the human numbers; bots should be able to spawn (in limited number) if an alert is activated.  In my opinion, at least. 

Evariskitsune

1- Well i think the best example i can think off right now is Crying Wolf's Railgun in MGS4. The thing had diferent lvs of charge and at max range it doesnt just goes through anything but also explodes on impact on the ground or solid object that cannot be penetrated. Maybe your Railgun could work the same, only explodes when hitting a unpassable terrain /like the floor) but only at max charge, and it would have 3 lvs of charge.

2- Not that we have much to work whit, on the flipside we do have more terrain to work on

3- Its still a distraction, Shockwave MOAs are already pretty dam sneaky (they always seem to pop up behind me) so making them slightly smaller and actually doing the shockwave on landing it would make them pretty distracting.

Evariskitsune

1- Well i think the best example i can think off right now is Crying Wolf's Railgun in MGS4. The thing had diferent lvs of charge and at max range it doesnt just goes through anything but also explodes on impact on the ground or solid object that cannot be penetrated. Maybe your Railgun could work the same, only explodes when hitting a unpassable terrain /like the floor) but only at max charge, and it would have 3 lvs of charge.

2- Not that we have much to work whit, on the flipside we do have more terrain to work on

3- Its still a distraction, Shockwave MOAs are already pretty dam sneaky (they always seem to pop up behind me) so making them slightly smaller and actually doing the shockwave on landing it would make them pretty distracting.

1.  First off the '3 levels of charge' would be difficult to implement.  And secondly the 'explosion' is simply the slightly slower moving mass of superheated air pushed by the hypersonic projectile hitting the target.  Which is still a superheated mass of air moving at the same rate as most conventional explosions, but given the reason for it, it should happen on the first few targets, rather than at the end of it's movement.  (more air moved, and at higher speed)   

2.  Pretty much. 

3.  Yes but it doesn't work with the layout of most Corpus ships unless they put shockwave MOAs in drop-out containers in the ceilings in corridors.  Then maybe gave them a secondary melee weapon, perhaps a prova, replacing the melee crewmen? 

Evariskitsune 

1- If they can implement a gun that shoots blobs, a grenade launcher whit manual control and a pair of machine pistols that shoot so fast that people are actually competing to see who empty the magazine faster then a multy charge railgun shouldnt be so hard i guess.

3- Come on men we cant replace the Prodmen, they are icons now whit John Prodman, unless we do remove the prodmen but make Prodman a boss hmm.... it could work. But what you suggest making the Shockwave MOA more humanoid? or how they would wield their prova.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Evariskitsune 

1- If they can implement a gun that shoots blobs, a grenade launcher whit manual control and a pair of machine pistols that shoot so fast that people are actually competing to see who empty the magazine faster then a multy charge railgun shouldnt be so hard i guess.

3- Come on men we cant replace the Prodmen, they are icons now whit John Prodman, unless we do remove the prodmen but make Prodman a boss hmm.... it could work. But what you suggest making the Shockwave MOA more humanoid? or how they would wield their prova.

1.  Perhaps but it would be somewhat imbalanced given the possible destructive capabilities- wait, who am I kidding, with the Penta and enemies level 50+, why not?

3.  As a boss / miniboss, or as a 'unarmed' crewman, perhaps.  As for how to give a Shockwave MOA a prova?  well replace the gun on top of most MOA units with a pole with a prova at the end. 

Evariskitsune

1- Told you. If we are gonna make a Railgun it cant be just "a weapon" it has to be THE rifle. Not OP of course but powerful enough to make you Yell "F*** YEAH" every time you fire.

3- I had a "John Prodman" boss idea a while ago, gonna check my notes see how far i went. Why cant Shockwave Moas just, literally, kick your &#!. Its hilarious to watch MOAs kicking when Loki uses radial disarm so why not have it as a default. Maybe slaping some pistons into those legs to increase the power of its kicks

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Evariskitsune

1- Told you. If we are gonna make a Railgun it cant be just "a weapon" it has to be THE rifle. Not OP of course but powerful enough to make you Yell "F*** YEAH" every time you fire.

3- I had a "John Prodman" boss idea a while ago, gonna check my notes see how far i went. Why cant Shockwave Moas just, literally, kick your &#!. Its hilarious to watch MOAs kicking when Loki uses radial disarm so why not have it as a default. Maybe slaping some pistons into those legs to increase the power of its kicks

1.  Yeah pretty much.  See: my penta balanced Railgun in my thread.

3.  That would be entertaining to see.  why not?  

Evariskitsune btw i loved the idea of using the user's shield recharge to charge the shot, thats brilliant seriously.

Any other idea you wanna share for the Corpus? there is still much to do.

First off; more lore.  Corpus as a name is clearly based off of the word "corporation."  Thus a backstory should be introduced detailing how North America became ruled by a single corporation and led to becoming the modern Corpus, would be best.  (North America due to corporate dominance, and that Corpus speak English.)

Also, there should be civilian Corpus leaders in the systems where there are robotic bosses; the humans should be the one taunting, not their robotic servants.  

Also, turrets shouldn't be deactivated by shooting cameras.  Having the cameras activate turrets is a good thing; leaving turrets useless when not in the line of sight of an obvious camera on the other hand... kinda kills any challenge they would otherwise give.  

Evariskitsune No kidding there the turrets are kinda silly that way. SO yeah someone should be controlling the proxy and taunting the tenno, kinda like Alad V, but not as S#&$ty.

About the Lore i will give lore for the Titans and Nef and stuff but i dont wanna get THAT deep. I prefer to stay on the more modern matters: Destroying the Grineer.

Evariskitsune No kidding there the turrets are kinda silly that way. SO yeah someone should be controlling the proxy and taunting the tenno, kinda like Alad V, but not as S#&$ty.

About the Lore i will give lore for the Titans and Nef and stuff but i dont wanna get THAT deep. I prefer to stay on the more modern matters:  Destroying the Grineer.

Eh, not really -that- deep of lore when you think about it. And overall, the game needs more story, so yeah.

Also another thing to think about is maybe after the corpus get the titans, maybe they could make an assault on earth.

Also on another thought; for beating 10 nodes for the corpus you would get a railgun.  10 nodes for Greneer and get a chainsaw.

Beating all nodes on corpus would give a blueprint for an 'upgrade' for the railgun.  (maybe a copy of Nef's?)  For the Greneer, it would be a blueprint for a chainsword upgrade to the chainsaw.

Just to make grinding more nodes more appealing. 

Right now im having problems whit the Nef design, if you wanna help :3

or the Titans.

Well, on the Nef Design, he should probably appear as an Admiral with extra tech across his body, the recoil compensator gauntlet and all supporting gear, as well as a telescopic sight attached to his helmet. I'd have his clothing be white or red, or a mixture of both with a more detailed design, to make him stand out in rank. Alongside some gold accents from his scavenged Orokin gear. As for map design; it should be a box canyon with one landing pad, which you enter and exit from. You should have to fight your way through a maze-like facility based on it's lockdown procedure. At the end you should exit into the 'natural' part of the box canyon; mostly empty space with cover via rocks here and there. There should be a command/control center on the opposite side of the canyon, with an antennae array. Nef should take a position on the array for his sniper position, with Railgun MOA units on small hillcrests amdist the valley. Perhaps with a camouflage to match the environment. Outside of this, fusion MOA units should spawn from the CCC and press the players to move up instead of trying to counter-snipe. Nef should move between each shot and take cover for a variable amount of time before popping back out again to charge and fire his next shot.

As for a Titan... I'd say the design could go a few different ways. Regardless, I believe it should be a humanoid mecha.

Perhaps similar to the AC unit Foxhound from Armored Core: Last Raven

Jack-O.jpg

Though honestly speaking in terms of -style-, Lancelot from Code Geass fits the overall chassis style the closest based on the prime warframe designs.

robot-spirits-lancelot-from-code-geass-r

A few more designs for body style consideration would be the Battletech Flashman. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Flashman Galahad; http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Galahad_%28BattleMech%29 And Bellerophon; http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bellerophon_%28BattleMech%29

Generally speaking, I believe that whatever the design comes out to be, the right hand should utilize the titan's primary ranged weapon, preferably a laser, particle projection cannon, or plasma rifle. The left hand should contain a grasper unit, and have along the side a magneticly contained plasma blade, plausibly styled after the MLB-Moonlight from Armored core. (visible in the following image on AC Oracle from Armored Core: Last Raven)

Evangel_LR_Kit.jpg http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/MLB-MOONLIGHT

And activated here:

AC3P_Mavors_blade.jpg

And personally, I would suggest an un-guided rocket barrage from back/shoulder mounted launchers as a secondary AoE form of attack for the titan.

Edited by Evariskitsune