Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With Phorid. (Eris Boss)

Luminati07

Question

Hi guys, just wondering what the optimal strategy for fighting Phorid is.

I've been trying for the last 2 hours.

First time, I was with a high level who had a modded Hek, and we destroyed him.

Since then I've been trying solo (nobody else seems to be joining that level), and each time, I have been killed.

His spine attack (or whatever it's called) kills me in 1 hit, and I have 675 HP.

I know you can put terrain between you and the spines, but sometimes it's unavoidable, like when he gets close, stomps the ground, then shoots spines.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Use a frame with invincibility powers, and a power duration/efficiency mod:

Rhino with iron skin

Saryn with contagion, or

Trinity with link

Turn on the invincibility power once the boss is engaged, before its range attack reaches you. Weapon wise I prefer dual heat swords with all three elements, charge dmg and charge speed. The swords stun the boss most of the time and kill off the other mobs at the same time.

This way is really easy and I can solo the mission in 5 mins. The only trick is to maintain the power, and be aware of the power-draining disruptors.

He's not too difficult, just use a weapon with a freeze mod- he'll become almost comically slow and all you'll need to do is run circles around him shooting him or sneaking in a few melee attacks while he desperately tries to hit you. It's actually much safer to stay close to him because he only uses his spines at range. His scream isn't a huge threat either becuase he's immobile while screaming.