Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors

NearlyDedicated

Hey DE - super pumped about the Dark Sectors. Just wanted to ask: in Dark Sector (game)'s original concept, did the name come from a similar idea?

were dark sectors a part of the original concept for Dark sector the game, giving it the name? how did dark sector 2008 get its name? will we ever learn more about the lore connecting the games, even if its just a nod?

sorry, lore hound haha. 

Edit: removed tl;dr

Edited by NearlyDedicated

Hey DE - super pumped about the Dark Sectors. Just wanted to ask: in Dark Sector (game)'s original concept, did the name come from a similar idea?

tl;dr were dark sectors a part of the original concept for Dark sector the game, giving it the name? how did dark sector 2008 get its name? will we ever learn more about the lore connecting the games, even if its just a nod?

sorry, lore hound haha. 

Your tl;dr is longer then the actual post lol

But yea I was thinking the same thing, given it has the same feel from the original Dark Sector trailer, the whole sci-fi one.

I don't think this system was a part of the original game - else it probably would have made some kind of transition into the finish product (it's an interesting system, after all); and, you know, it's kinda dependent on multiplayer to work (Dark Sector was single player).

As for the namesake of the original Dark Sector idea... I think the kinda "fringe of the galaxy" thing the areas in the Dark Sector map have going on was the same kind of think the original DS used, but that's just speculation.

Dark Sectors!? Terrible choice of name! Why is DE bent on connecting warframe with dark sector!? Don't get me wrong, i really really liked Dark Sector when i first played it YEARS AGO but come on (tried to play it again last week and it was one of those mehh moments)!

Badlands wasn't exactly an awesome name but Dark Sectors!? Warframe is the future, Dark Sector is long gone.

Edited by Bazools

Dark Sectors!? Terrible choice of name! Why is DE bent on connecting warframe with dark sector!? Don't get me wrong, i really really liked Dark Sector when i first played it YEARS AGO but come on (tried to play it again last week and it was one of those mehh moments)!

Badlands wasn't exactly an awesome name but Dark Sectors!? Warframe is the future, Dark Sector is long gone.

If you watch the original concept trailer for Dark Sector, BEFORE the publisher decided to change EVERYTHING about the game, it looks exactly like Warframe, and was also under the name Dark Sector (actually, darksectOr). So Warframe is essentially the original concept of Dark Sector.