The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ods Solo Advice

(PSN)DrunkenHULK88

Question

Hi guy,

Due to my crappy internet , i am embarrass to be hosting ODS, so i wish warframe senior to give me advice on how to Solo on ODS .

Choosing the right weapon is critical, which weapon is better to target infested?

Ignis or Phage

Ignis i will be focus on heat and viral , for Phage i will focus on Viral , Blast as i do not own any contagious spread mod.

Secondary is merelok , i'm comfortable with it next to me.

Melee: Galatine

For warframe , Ember prime , Frost prime or Rhino?

or Any other suggestion please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

13 answers to this question

Ignis with Gas imo, will tear through the lesser infested packs.

Marelok with Corrosive/Cold for taking out Ancients.

Of the three, Rhino will do best if you have good weapon mods, while Ember will do best if you have good warframe mods.

soloing surv is not a fun thing to do if you are going for the long run.

you will need nekros for the life supports from desecrate

As far as weapons go i would bring the penta with a back up of the stugg or tysis 

melee i would go with orthos or its prime just for the knockdown

if u just want to play without nekros i would use trinity for invunerability or nova for cc

Edited by (PS4)CrazyDeadPerson

weapons are not the problem solo'n ODS.  THe issue is life support.  There is not enough of it.  You will be lucky to get to ten minutes.  THe problem is running to LS pods causes the infested to string out and lose track of you.  So, not enough go after you to drop LS and the pods don't come soon enough to replenish what you have.

THe only way have been able to get long times in ODS is to have a squad of 3 stay in one room and fight the mobs, while an invisible Loki roams the map for LS.  This way mobs dont get pulled away from killers.  

Thanks everyone for the quick reply.

Im looking mostly just to survive 20 min run , being looking for ODS drop like burston P parts and BP

bringing penta in Solo is too dangerous, tried it couple of time blowing my self up.

i noticed alot of phage build include shotgun spazz, does it increase the shirking of the death ray? like the phage build but i started right after the Cicero event.

Good suggestion on the ignis with Gas, look pretty badass.

weapons are not the problem solo'n ODS.  THe issue is life support.  There is not enough of it.  You will be lucky to get to ten minutes.  THe problem is running to LS pods causes the infested to string out and lose track of you.  So, not enough go after you to drop LS and the pods don't come soon enough to replenish what you have.

THe only way have been able to get long times in ODS is to have a squad of 3 stay in one room and fight the mobs, while an invisible Loki roams the map for LS.  This way mobs dont get pulled away from killers.  

Ya, that part of the concern too, it just a few pack of charger, suicidal runner, and headbanger runner. After 5 min mark , ancient will start to appear.

i will give it couple of try more. hopefully i can kill fast ,spawn fast and run around activating life support.

is there any website for the ODS layout? or map?

For infested Survival one of my friends always did Vauban Vortex + Torid combo. Worked for him pretty well, and Bastille could delay the horde when you need to run for LS. Vauban build in this case focuses on power duration, though range helps some too.

Thanks everyone for the quick reply.

Im looking mostly just to survive 20 min run , being looking for ODS drop like burston P parts and BP

bringing penta in Solo is too dangerous, tried it couple of time blowing my self up.

i noticed alot of phage build include shotgun spazz, does it increase the shirking of the death ray? like the phage build but i started right after the Cicero event.

Good suggestion on the ignis with Gas, look pretty badass.

If you still have trouble, don't forget you can do a few vault runs, sell the mods and trade for Burston P parts. They shouldn't be expensive

If you still have trouble, don't forget you can do a few vault runs, sell the mods and trade for Burston P parts. They shouldn't be expensive

i being trying to sell lot of nightmare mode but no buyer , being farming nightmare on earth too.

even selling each for 5p except for blaze n hammershot.

well everything can be resolve by plat. i will try to give it a few go before i give up and buy.

@cooler

on PS4 vauban is very rare, not even a handful of clan member have that and im in a mountain clan.

i guess main guy to depend is nekro.

Weapon wise Ignis is great but keep it as pure fire and use ember with accelerant for the 200%+ bonus fire damage and stun

you can solo till around 40m at which point Ancients become dangerous and you should leave to avoid... mistakes.

Carrier is almost a requirement.

Don't use gas vs infested, it may be great vs light infested but that's meaningless, Its Ancients that kill you, you will do better with a corrosive gun simply for the bonus damage vs ancients.

you can also try Trinity endless blessing build and use Ogris or penta

another viable build would be corrupted mod saryn build using Miasma spam to kill till around 30m

or simply run about with 25 energy molp nova and a decent sidearm like Akbolto.

another viable option is just to run vauban, and bastille away...

You can also use Excalibut using blind spam and a melee weapon for 4x bonus, or simply shoot.

Ember + Ignis is easiest I find, since accelerate makes the damage pretty much 1 shot anything till later on.

you will probably need a nekros to go any further whatever happens,

I would avoid Marelok vs infested because you will probably overkill them with each shot and the fire rate is a little slow when your getting mobbed.

Ya, that part of the concern too, it just a few pack of charger, suicidal runner, and headbanger runner. After 5 min mark , ancient will start to appear.

i will give it couple of try more. hopefully i can kill fast ,spawn fast and run around activating life support.

is there any website for the ODS layout? or map?

The best way to get used to that map is to play it.  I ran solo exterminate on it until I understood the patterns.  But the issue with ODS is again those life support pillars.  As you travel to each you cross all sorts of twists and turns and changes of level.  This will confuse the heck out of the mobs and they wont be able to converge on you with enough mass to drop the extra personal LS that is needed to go beyond about ten minutes of play.  It's a catch 22.  You can stay in one place and have a good size horde to fight or you can go activate LS.  You can't however do both... at least I never could. 

The only way I was able to get my burston prime was to recruit a group and then coach them ahead of time to follow a simple plan.  Three guys fight in a nice room, while one guy head out invisible (so as not to disturb the horde aggro) and activates LS when needed.  In this way, we were able to stay thirty plus minutes.

When I was farming it, I used a tetra with Corrosive and Cold spec.  It was plenty good enough to tear everything up.  Currently, when I fight infested, I use the dex furis with the same mods and the addition of pistol ammo mutation.  The later so you don't ever run out of ammo.  Using the dex you can sprint and fire (un-zoomed) at same time mowing down everything in your path.

Edited by mpastor