The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Ods To 40 Mins

Darzk

Question

So I've been soloing ODS to 40 mins, looking for a Burston part, it's being uncooperative. :(

Thought I'd share how I'm doing it. It's fairly easy, but I've got some pretty sweet gear. Without all the forma on the Ignis, I would build it as Gas and use the sidearm sooner to take out Ancients.

Frame: Nekros (Only optional mod here is Stretch, which I'm thinking of replacing with a knockdown mod like handspring)

Primary Weapon: Ignis (Optionally replace Event mods with +RoF and Ammo Mut) [With less forma, build for Gas damage].

Secondary Weapon: Marelok or Brakk

Melee: Dual Zorens (Mostly for mobility but a quick charge attack can sometimes help when wep is out of ammo / needs to be reloaded)

Sentinel: Carrier (Vacuum is ESSENTIAL. Guardian/Coolant Leak and the attack precept is very important too. Health/Sanctuary etc is prettymuch useless)

Sentinel Weapon: Sweeper (Gas damage and high proc chance is really helpful - damage will take out lessers, procs will stun Ancients)

Okay, the strategy is fairly simple.

0-20 Mins: Stand on the first pod, kill stuff, spam desecrate. If you run low on energy or get disrupted, deliberately let yourself get hit (after disruption wears off). By 20 mins in you should be ~15-20% Life Support, with a ton of pods up (something like 6). Soul Punch is VERY useful to knock down charging Ancients before they hit you - especially keep an eye out for Disruptors - they're not a huge problem because of the awesome energy regen potential you have, but they're still annoying.

20-25 Mins: Run from pod to pod till life support is capped. If there are enemies about, before activating the pod, summon shadows. Stop at the next unused pod, and repeat above.

25-30 Mins: Enemies are getting tougher. Start using SotD after a few Ancient kills. Can start using sidearm to take out Ancients if your Ignis isn't as powerful. Ignis shines in this step because your shadows don't interfere with your ability to kill enemies. Continue to desecrate every 4-5 affinity popups.

30-35 Mins: Enemies start breaking your shield in one hit, so ideally you don't want to get hit at all except when you need energy. Start keeping Shadows up 100% of the time, desecrating them for health orbs when needed. You may wish to drop some ammo restores here if you're running low. You may need to activate a pod or two as kill rate has decreased. Be sure not to leave while shadows are still up or you might not be able to summon them at the next pod.

35-40 Mins: Enemies are very tough to kill and hit very hard. Not worth the risk of hanging around. Run from pod to pod as needed, focusing on survival. Should have 4-5 pods on the map still, so lots of life support from them - don't worry about kill rate, focus on staying alive.

I've done 4 of these today, and only died twice (the same run, in the beginning - I left the shadows and then couldn't resummon and got swarmed, and then upon reviving got immediately hit by a Disruptor :S). I didn't use the sidearm at all until after the 35 minute mark, but I would recommend using a Gas based Ignis and using sidearms sooner if you don't have as many forma invested in the Ignis :D

The other way I've been able to do this is with an Acellerant based Ember and a Fire setup on the Ignis. Also gone Trin Invinciblity/Link setup with a Stug, but that scatters the life support all over the tileset :S. Was able to kill stuff a lot easier, but the oxegen supply was pretty terrible compared to the OPness of Desecrate.

And yes, I realize I could have just left at 20 minutes, as the keys are really cheap. Still, I enjoyed the challenge.

8 answers to this question

25-30 Mins: Enemies are getting tougher. Start using SotD after a few Ancient kills. Can start using sidearm to take out Ancients if your Ignis isn't as powerful. Ignis shines in this step because your shadows don't interfere with your ability to kill enemies. Continue to desecrate every 4-5 affinity popups.

30-35 Mins: Enemies start breaking your shield in one hit, so ideally you don't want to get hit at all except when you need energy. Start keeping Shadows up 100% of the time, desecrating them for health orbs when needed. You may wish to drop some ammo restores here if you're running low. You may need to activate a pod or two as kill rate has decreased. Be sure not to leave while shadows are still up or you might not be able to summon them at the next pod.

35-40 Mins: Enemies are very tough to kill and hit very hard. Not worth the risk of hanging around. Run from pod to pod as needed, focusing on survival. Should have 4-5 pods on the map still, so lots of life support from them - don't worry about kill rate, focus on staying alive.

25-40 mins...  use corrosive, do 75% more damage to ancients, still massively overkill normal mobs which have 1/10 the hp, without 50% bonus damage, Profit.

Edited by Tatersail

I've went 65 mins with Trinity perma Blessing build and a Penta

KoS everything, I didnt think I could survive longer without Descerate but I was wrong

Yeah I just did a 60 min T3 Surv with Trin and Stug, ran outta life support at 59:35 lol, so annoying. Forgot to use Corrosive Projection so Gunners were a PAIN to kill.

25-40 mins...  use corrosive, do 75% more damage to ancients, still massively overkill normal mobs which have 1/10 the hp, without 50% bonus damage, Profit.

Uh, the Ignis is already set up to do max Corrosive damage.

sounds like a good plan, might have to try it with a different weapon then ignis though. I was never a fan so never put a potato or used foma on mine.

Yeah the Ignis doesn't do great DPS, but its really hard to keep up any DPS while shadows are up, they tend to obsure the battlefield too much to spot enemies. I suppose getting range from the melee and nuking it with Penta/Ogris would work, just didn't want to risk suiciding as there's no one there to revive you.