Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vixen - Weapons Based Sniper / Fox

Evariskitsune

Warframe concept: Weapons based sniper

(Images to be added if/when I am able to get decent concept art.https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/216616-requesting-fan-art-of-concepts-since-i-cant-draw/
Basically I noticed two things; first of all a lack of love for snipers in the game, with only banshee being a sniper based at all (and is really more of a sniper/ AOE caster) frame, as well as a disparity of a female stealth frame. So I tried to come up with an idea to fill both gaps while leaving the frame with a weapon focus.

Balance comparison: Banshee and Ash.

Warframe name: Vixen

NhCd8py.jpg

Gw4Dj5M.jpg

(Thankyou Wildcarousel for the images!)

Stats:
Health- 75 (225 at rank 30)
Power- 100 (150 at rank 30)
Armor- 20
Shield capacity- 100 (300 at rank 30.)
Sprint speed- 1.2
Stamina- 80
Polarities- 4x power, 2x tactic
Aura polarity- 1x tactic

1st ability 25 power; Modable: Duration
Ranged Affinity: improves accuracy to perfect and removes recoil on weapons for 2/5/8/10 seconds and reduces reload time by 5/10/15/20%. Animation would be a simple glow effect that would move from the warframe into the weapon/weapons. (cannot be used in conjunction with Predator's Gaze)

2nd ability 50 power; Modable: Duration
Predator's Gaze: Highlights enemies in line of sight for all members of your team, increases damage by 5/10/15%, and increases rate of fire by 5/10/15/20%.; Lasts for 2/5/8/10 seconds. Animation would be faint lines moving outward (1 second from cast to target) until they reach all enemies in line of sight and upon contact create the highlight effect. (Cannot be used in conjunction with Ranged Affinity)

3rd ability 75 power; Modable: Duration
Illusion: Leaves a decoy in place with 150/250/350/500 HP, increases Vixen's sprint speed by 10%, and renders Vixen invisible for 2/3/4/5 seconds. Animation would be a mild flash of light, a warping of space around vixen, and the creation of a look-alike duplicate 0.5 meters behind Vixen as vixen shimmers and becomes invisible.

4th ability 100 power Modable: Duration, range, power
Foxfire: Nine wisps of flame appear around vixen before expanding and exploding into a conflagration, dealing 150/250/350/500 blast damage to all enemies in a 5m radius of Vixen,; and blinding all enemies within 50m for 2/5/8/10 seconds.; Vixen also rapidly leaps in the direction of her crosshair, up to 10/20/30/40 meters.

Appearance description:
Sleek female frame, symmetrical design, with more angular shapes to the warframe's armor. Would appear to have a long tailcoat. Stock helmet would have two point on the helmet that would look somewhat like ears. Overall the look would be more plain aside from animalistic features (perhaps with a tail even, though this might go too far for some). Height and build would be similar to Mag. (Honestly speaking I'd love it if there was more details to the ears and a tail(/s)... but I'm not sure as to the community's stance on kemonomimi.) Generally speaking, sleek, sexy.... foxy is a good term here as for what would ideally be done. After all, it's in the name in a sense.

Warframe Profile: This is Vixen, the cunning hunter, Vixen isn't about attacking an enemy head-on, but instead uses stealth and an the use of weapons at long range against her adversaries before they can even see her. Ranged Affinity guarantees every shot will hit right where they were aimed. Predator's Gaze allows Vixen to scout for her team, highlighting enemies and increasing the likelihood for delivering killing blows. Illusion allows Vixen to escape unnoticed, and deliver a swift takedown against any adversary. Finally Foxfire allows Vixen to get out of an opportune situation, damaging and stunning any adversaries around her. Choose your prey carefully Tenno, and leap upon them when they least expect it.

Codex: Vixen utilizes any weapon at her disposal to the upmost ability, delivering accurate killing blows at any range.

Lore: Much of the time, it is not the strongest hunter who survives, but the most cunning. This was proven in Earth's evolution. Among mammals, two species flourished beyond any other, coexisting wherever they may be, though rarely ever seeing each other. To humanity, their always near, though usually hidden companions became a symbol of hidden cunning, of many aspects of their own nature. These notions were not lost to the Orokin, when they designed the warframes. Specifically one more suited to the more cunning of the Tenno who returned from the void, who could focus the majority abilities on the use of familiar weapons, improving on their natural skills for concentrated destruction. Vixen was the outcome. A stealthy hunter with no equal at what she did.

Input is definitely welcome. Really the idea is for a weapon-based stealthy sniper. So ideas would be great.

Edited by Evariskitsune

I like the Idea need a Animaltouched Frame, aside from Cockroach(hey Trinity :D) and I'd love a Kitsune in that place <3
But for teh Skills i like em but the last one just doesnt fit the Sniper Theme. Maybe make the Ult into a Barrage of Foxfireorbs or Beams. Which can be cast from range but keeping the Stund/Knockdown. Just my thinking on it though.

Stealth is taken by Ash and tactics is taken by Vauban. I don't even need to elaborate on snipers.

loki is stealthier than Ash.  Banshee is only a kinda-sorta sniper. 

He's just trolling,

don't take him seriously

Any further input maybe?

I like the Idea need a Animaltouched Frame, aside from Cockroach(hey Trinity :D) and I'd love a Kitsune in that place <3

But for teh Skills i like em but the last one just doesnt fit the Sniper Theme. Maybe make the Ult into a Barrage of Foxfireorbs or Beams. Which can be cast from range but keeping the Stund/Knockdown. Just my thinking on it though.

Everyone loves kitsune. 

As for the ult, I was basically thinking of an ultimate / last ditch escape move for those situations where a sniper gets pinned down by enemies surrounding her, with a bit of damage to boot. 

Edited by Evariskitsune

As for the ult, I was basically thinking of an ultimate / last ditch escape move for those situations where a sniper gets pinned down by enemies surrounding her, with a bit of damage to boot. 

Mhm but isnt the Stealth a tool for that already? As a getaway i mean?

Mhm but isnt the Stealth a tool for that already? As a getaway i mean?

I actually see stealth as more an offensive than a defensive tool.  Given it doesn't stun enemies but gives that crit boost, you could use it coming out of cover to take a shot at targets without alerting them.  Also given you can still be hit while stealthed, anyone shooting / swinging at you is still going to hit you until you get out of the way. 

Fox-Warframe and it's Ult... Someone has overwatched Kanokon

the-love-blast.jpg

But still I want it. Volt and Banshee are in clan tech now, so there has to be some on Solar map for new players.

Kanokon, Wagaya no oinari-sama, Gingitsune, you name the kitsune anime, I've seen it. 

But yes, it must be on the Solar Map. 

Kinda generic, but I guess there isn't a whole lot of room to get fancy with what we have.

The fire ability is too Emberish, change it to magnetic (so it's more Maggish I guess lol) so at least it benefits from breaking shields so bullets can get through. Or have it deal both types, whatevs.

Kinda generic, but I guess there isn't a whole lot of room to get fancy with what we have.

The fire ability is too Emberish, change it to magnetic (so it's more Maggish I guess lol) so at least it benefits from breaking shields so bullets can get through. Or have it deal both types, whatevs.

The fire ability is supposed to tie into the name.  And yeah, change the damage and it just becomes maggish instead so.... not much point there IMO. 

As for generic, yeah, what else do we honestly have to go with, especially when making a sniper?  At least the fox bit puts a spin on the frame that hasn't been seen yet.

Edited by Evariskitsune

What does the Fox- No, no, just no.

Lol

Warframe concept:  Weapons based sniper

Basically I noticed two things; first of all a lack of love for snipers in the game, with only banshee being a sniper based at all (and is really more of a sniper/ AOE caster) frame, as well as a disparity of a female stealth frame.  So I tried to come up with an idea to fill both gaps while leaving the frame with a weapon focus. 

Balance comparison: Banshee and Ash. 

Warframe name: Vixen

Stats:

Health- 100 (300 at rank 30)

Power- 100 (150 at rank 30)

Armor- 20

Shield capacity- 150 (450 at rank 30.)

Sprint speed- 1.2

Stamina- 80

Polarities- 4x power, 2x tactic

Aura polarity- 1x tactic

1st ability 25 power

Sure Shot:  improves accuracy to perfect and removes recoil on weapons for 1/2/3/4 seconds.  Animation would be a simple glow effect that would move from the warframe into the weapon/weapons.   

2nd ability 50 power

Deadeye: Highlights enemies in line of sight for all members of your team, and doubles crit chance for 2/4/8/10 seconds.  Animation would be a wave of energy moving out from the warframe. 

3rd ability 75 power

Stealth: Turns the warframe invisible, rendering it completely untargetable by enemies for 4/6/8/10 seconds, and gives the normal bonuses to melee for such.  Also gives yourself a 100% chance for critical hit with any gun for the duration.  Animation would be the warframe flickering before turning invisible save for a small outline visible only to you and your teamates. 

4th ability 100 power

Foxfire: Deals 5/10/20/40 heat damage in a 3 meter sphere around the warframe, followed by knocking down enemies within 8/12/14/25 meters for 2 seconds and then blinding them for 2/5/7/10 seconds.  Animation would be the warframe pushing her arms out, a sphere of fire forming and pushing out.  When the sphere reaches 3 meters wide it bursts into a flash of light. 

Appearance description:

Sleek female frame, symmetrical design, with more angular shapes to the warframe's armor.  Would appear to have a long tailcoat.  Stock helmet would have two antennae that would look somewhat like ears.  Overall the look would be more plain, al la female Excaliburesque with a tailcoat. 

Input is definitely welcome.  Really the idea is for a weapon-based stealthy sniper.  So ideas would be great. 

I think that the Warframe is a bit too simple, and/or they are already in-game. It is a pet-peeve of mine in these forums for abilities to affect aim. Firefox? No wait Foxfire. 1+ for trying to change the name. This is a nice frame you have, but the concept of "marksmanship" and stealth are a BURNT PIZZA! cheesy and overdone

Lol

I think that the Warframe is a bit too simple, and/or they are already in-game. It is a pet-peeve of mine in these forums for abilities to affect aim. Firefox? No wait Foxfire. 1+ for trying to change the name. This is a nice frame you have, but the concept of "marksmanship" and stealth are a BURNT PIZZA! cheesy and overdone

Overdone?  We only have one kinda-sorta sniper frame with banshee, and it's not even that good a sniper concept.  We have no female stealth frames, and both stealth frames are melee oriented.  So we don't have anything like it in game.  Also none of the power affect aim; they only highlight enemies themselves to make them easier to see, and make it so the weapons themselves are more accurate (taking away the bullet spread.)

Also foxfire is based on this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsunebi  not the web browser.

I like it so far :D :D

Though the Stealth ability is very similar to Loki's Invisibility.

Other than that I love the idea :D

It's hard to find any animalistic and interesting warframes,a nd the lack of them in game is in my opinion a bit sad.

but then again we have birdframe so :)
why not a fox themed one?

I would buy... so hard.

I would spend hundreds of dollars in plat and hundreds of hours in warframe.

Give me Sniper Fox Frame. I am the chosen one. The prophecy must be fulfilled.

DE, PLEASE. DO THIS

TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY.

I would buy... so hard.

I would spend hundreds of dollars in plat and hundreds of hours in warframe.

Give me Sniper Fox Frame. I am the chosen one. The prophecy must be fulfilled.

DE, PLEASE. DO THIS

TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY.

While perhaps these statements are over the top... I'd have to agree to the statement that DE would see me purchasing platinum to buy this frame were it to be made. 

Feels like she's too much of a sniper than a hunter.
Hunters should have like, trap abilites and survival skills and whatnot. Like the ranger in GuildWars and DemonHunter in Diablo 3.

You can take out that accuracy thingy and make a trap skill, like a claymore (explosive) or caltrops (snare) or something that blows up and slows enemies afterward.

Total thumbs up for the idea tho.

Feels like she's too much of a sniper than a hunter.

Hunters should have like, trap abilites and survival skills and whatnot. Like the ranger in GuildWars and DemonHunter in Diablo 3.

You can take out that accuracy thingy and make a trap skill, like a claymore (explosive) or caltrops (snare) or something that blows up and slows enemies afterward.

Total thumbs up for the idea tho.

Well it's supposed to be a sniper rather than a hunter.  Please note that the first line is "Warframe concept: Weapons based sniper." 

Another bit, is that foxes are basically snipers when they hunt during winter.  Through up to a foot of snow, they can pounce on mice moving beneath with an 75% success rate using the Earth's magnetic field as a targeting aid alongside hearing and scent.  That takes calculation skill like human snipers with a rifle use to calculate their shots using wind speed, barometric pressure, etc.  Hence why rather than a traditional hunter it fits a sniper in my opinion.