Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vixen - Weapons Based Sniper / Fox

Evariskitsune

Im not sure, but she is supposed to be a sniper, right? I dont know what this kind of ability would be called, but it should have the following effects:

1. teleports player to a safe spot, away from groups of enemies 

2. invisible for a small amount of time is teleportation fails to send player to good spot

3. while invisible, jump and speed is increased for mobility to find good sniping spots

4. all alarms are off

5. enemies all are unaware suddenly 

6. sniper power increased 

7. enemies gets 4X weakness on their weaknesses (even on the Sonar weaknesses created on Banshee) if shot by sniper. So, if head shot on grineer, will equal 8X 

and if I add more, it will be overpowered.

But first, I perfectly agree with you that snipers needs a boost ( especially in dmg) but i think team dynamics should come first. Which is sort of what my Warframe Concept, Nitro, is trying to do (trying is the key word here).

Edited by jjpdn

Im not sure, but she is supposed to be a sniper, right? I dont know what this kind of ability would be called, but it should have the following effects:

1. teleports player to a safe spot, away from groups of enemies 

2. invisible for a small amount of time is teleportation fails to send player to good spot

3. while invisible, jump and speed is increased for mobility to find good sniping spots

4. all alarms are off

5. enemies all are unaware suddenly 

6. sniper power increased 

7. enemies gets 4X weakness on their weaknesses (even on the Sonar weaknesses created on Banshee) if shot by sniper. So, if head shot on grineer, will equal 8X 

and if I add more, it will be overpowered.

See the problem here is teleportation puts it too close to ash and loki, in my opinion.  And stealth covers invisibility.  Were the last four combined, they aren't fitting for an ultimate, and aren't effective for crowd control for a party.  And we all know CC is the most important thing for late-game... so yeah.

But first, I perfectly agree with you that snipers needs a boost ( especially in dmg) but i think team dynamics should come first. Which is sort of what my Warframe Concept, Nitro, is trying to do (trying is the key word here).

Yeah, team dynamics need help, but that's going to come down honestly to rewarding players for assisting other players instead of just having it be competitive.  

Pfff. Like Loki and Ash? Its compeltely different. Loki and Ash's teleportation is suppose to teleport them into the action, while what I suggested is an 'escape'

Yes, it's supposed to teleport them into the action, however it can be used as an escape by both.  (which is the only reason I use teleport on ash, is to get me away from the thick enemy swarms.)  

And it would still leave her without a true crowd control option that would benefit the team, because even with them dropping the aggro for you, they'll just pick back up aggro and attack your team if nearby. Turning off alarms doesn't really make sense, nor does making enemies suddenly unaware.  A stun/knockdown followed by a high-speed leap to another location while giving the effects of stealth and maybe a few extra modifers -might- work in terms of theme, but this pretty much negates the point of Stealth and would seem more like two different skills.  

So hence I played the mythology card with foxfire.  The only other mythology card I might be able to pull would be something like a shapeshift move; knocking back and stunning enemies then taking the form of an enemy unit for x amount of time or until you fire a shot or something.   

<p>... uh... you teleport out of a group using ash or loki... and enter another one? Im sorry, but I dont get the logic in that. Can you please carify? I never used teleport on Ash or Loki, I just spam their invibility and decoy, ignoring everything else. And by unawaribility, I meant by them completely ignoring everything except what happens to them. making sniping easier (as theey wont get to cover).</p>

<p>Plus, I was thinking of them having some sort of 'multi-shot' going on. You shoot one, and every single other enemy in a certain range gets shot too. So, headshot on one, headshot on all.</p>

Edited by jjpdn

... uh... you teleport out of a group using ash or loki... and enter another one? Im sorry, but I dont get the logic in that. Can you please carify? I never used teleport on Ash or Loki, I just spam their invibility and decoy, ignoring everything else.

Loki you can swap places with any ally , or your decoy, or a number of different things in the map.  Or a random single outlying enemy away from the rest. (ex a Greneer ballista sitting out alone away from the lancers and troopers surrounding you, or that railgun MOA over there)  Also decoy + switch teleport = sniper positions easy (note the sniper position here http://www.autofixinfo.com/8vgl6HoWBoKJ5R/Warframe-Loki.html)

Ash you can teleport to a single outlying enemy away from the rest, (ex a Greneer ballista sitting out alone away from the lancers and troopers surrounding you), or a security camera, or a friendly NPC, or to some environment bits.  

Loki is the easier to teleport away with simply because you can swap with teamates or barrels and the like, but if you've got good aim with Ash you can get out of situations fairly easily as well.

Edited by Evariskitsune

1st ability 25 power  Modable: Duration
Sure Shot: improves accuracy to perfect and removes recoil on weapons for 1/2/3/4 seconds. Animation would be a simple glow effect that would move from the warframe into the weapon/weapons.

2nd ability 50 power  Modable: Duration
Deadeye: Highlights enemies in line of sight for all members of your team, and doubles crit chance for 2/4/8/10 seconds. Animation would be a wave of energy moving out from the warframe.

3rd ability 75 power  Modable: Duration
Stealth: Turns the warframe invisible, rendering it completely untargetable by enemies for 4/6/8/10 seconds, and gives the normal bonuses to melee for such. Also gives yourself a 100% chance for critical hit with any gun for the duration. Animation would be the warframe flickering before turning invisible save for a small outline visible only to you and your teamates.

4th ability 100 power  Modable: Duration, range, power
Foxfire: Deals 5/10/20/40 heat damage in a 3 meter sphere around the warframe, followed by knocking down enemies within 8/12/14/25 meters for 2 seconds and then blinding them for 2/5/7/10 seconds. Animation would be the warframe pushing her arm out, a sphere of fire forming and pushing out from it. When the sphere reaches 3 meters wide it bursts into a flash of light.

First off, I love snipers. I suck at it, but Snipers need more love in this game. Banshee's not really a sniper, as pointed out, but she has pretty good abilities that support her in that way: An AOE knockback, and highlighting critical points for extra damage. That being said, Banshee in this regard is also a sort of warrior frame. (I won't even comment on Silence.)

The problem with snipers here are two fold: One, the lack of distance between you and targets to justify snipers, and two, the slow reload speed of sniper rifles. Sniper rifles are powerful and good at range (if you don't count the crosshair bugs currently), but are pretty useless because your team mates can cover great distances, and the time it takes for you to take out all your enemies and reload is enough for your friends to slaughter everything.

So, I recommend a few changes, if you don't mind? 

Sureshot: Improves accuracy and reduces recoil for 1/2/3/4 seconds. I would recommend adding an additional reload speed bonus, and increasing duration to 10ish seconds. This will give you a solo boost that will allow you to be more effective when you see targets to engage. You fill your niche by being a veritable machine-gun sniper at range, where other frames would have to take a long time to simply finish their first mag. The time duration of 10 or so seconds is sufficient for one fast engagement, and you can reactivate if necessary.

Deadeye: This one I can see will be a bit OP. Doubling crit chance also allows red crits to occur, making Soma and Akmagnus even more ridiculous than they already are. I would recommend a minor change: (Slightly) Increase ranged damage and a respectable increase of fire rate for your team, as well as a bonus to reload speed. This is good for your team, but the main benefactor is yourself: Not only have you filled a niche where none was before, that is, ranged buff, but you also improve the efficacy of your sniper rifles. This is coupled with Sureshot, where you have far superior reload speed, increased fire rate, and damage boost when you really need it. The dedicated sniper will enjoy the benefit of this the most, as even a Vulkar with be as formidable as a Latron, outdoing it in ranged engagements. In fact, if a Latron Prime with Eagle Eye were coupled with this, I can foresee much damage. This power is balanced by the fact that you use a lot of ammo. Though it synergies well with with your first power, abusing this will leave you without ammunition. A worthwhile trade-off between economy and power. This is also good for battle rifles, or sniper rifles in close range. Good for quickly dispatching a small group of tough enemies.

Stealth: I recommend a slight overhaul. Instead of being a plain Stealth like Loki's invis, I would suggest the following: Decoy and simultaneously Cloak. Like Saryn's Molt+Loki's Invis, both at once. Of course, it is not as effective as either. The Fox decoy will not explode and does not have a lot of health, and the invisibility may grant you a bonus to melee damage, but only lasts 5 seconds. The main purpose of this is the survival of the Vixen. A stealthy move where a fox scuttles into a hole, and emerges somewhere else, ripe for biting someone in the &amp;#&#33;. I recommend a temporary increase in movement speed as well, to better position yourself for a barrage of sniper fire, with Sureshot and Deadeye.

Foxfire: To be honest, it seems rather lackluster for an ultimate. It's perfectly useable, but lacks a certain "Oomph". Perhaps an alternative: Vixen bursts into flames and for a brief moment, you can see nine tails of daemonic fire emerge from behind her. It immediately sweeps the area clear, explodes violently, dealing respectable damage (500 to 1000ish at max), and then blinds everyone within 50 meters for 10 seconds. At the same time the tails begin sweeping, Vixen teleports wherever you're aiming, with a max distance of 50-60ish meters. This teleportation sort of follows the same logic as Loki's Decoy aiming, and you can teleport to high ground while your Fox Familiar wrecks havoc down below. This is both to stun enemies, and gain a better vantage point from where you can better take out enemies at range, using Sureshot and Deadeye. A good fall-back option for the fox, causing maximum carnage while also slyly taking a better position. While this may sort of conflict with Zephyr's niche of being high-ground domination, Zephyr can always just leap up and immediately attain high-ground. Vixen still needs a platform.

Sorry for the wall of text! But here it is! A rather unapologetic suggestion!  

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaand I see that most people seem to have the same concerns as I did earlier! Shame I didn't read those before @_@ 

Edited by Calayne

First off, I love snipers. I suck at it, but Snipers need more love in this game. Banshee's not really a sniper, as pointed out, but she has pretty good abilities that support her in that way: An AOE knockback, and highlighting critical points for extra damage. That being said, Banshee in this regard is also a sort of warrior frame. (I won't even comment on Silence.)

The problem with snipers here are two fold: One, the lack of distance between you and targets to justify snipers, and two, the slow reload speed of sniper rifles. Sniper rifles are powerful and good at range (if you don't count the crosshair bugs currently), but are pretty useless because your team mates can cover great distances, and the time it takes for you to take out all your enemies and reload is enough for your friends to slaughter everything.

So, I recommend a few changes, if you don't mind? 

Sureshot: Improves accuracy and reduces recoil for 1/2/3/4 seconds. I would recommend adding an additional reload speed bonus, and increasing duration to 10ish seconds. This will give you a solo boost that will allow you to be more effective when you see targets to engage. You fill your niche by being a veritable machine-gun sniper at range, where other frames would have to take a long time to simply finish their first mag. The time duration of 10 or so seconds is sufficient for one fast engagement, and you can reactivate if necessary.

Deadeye: This one I can see will be a bit OP. Doubling crit chance also allows red crits to occur, making Soma and Akmagnus even more ridiculous than they already are. I would recommend a minor change: (Slightly) Increase ranged damage and a respectable increase of fire rate for your team, as well as a bonus to reload speed. This is good for your team, but the main benefactor is yourself: Not only have you filled a niche where none was before, that is, ranged buff, but you also improve the efficacy of your sniper rifles. This is coupled with Sureshot, where you have far superior reload speed, increased fire rate, and damage boost when you really need it. The dedicated sniper will enjoy the benefit of this the most, as even a Vulkar with be as formidable as a Latron, outdoing it in ranged engagements. In fact, if a Latron Prime with Eagle Eye were coupled with this, I can foresee much damage. This power is balanced by the fact that you use a lot of ammo. Though it synergies well with with your first power, abusing this will leave you without ammunition. A worthwhile trade-off between economy and power. This is also good for battle rifles, or sniper rifles in close range. Good for quickly dispatching a small group of tough enemies.

Stealth: I recommend a slight overhaul. Instead of being a plain Stealth like Loki's invis, I would suggest the following: Decoy and simultaneously Cloak. Like Saryn's Molt+Loki's Invis, both at once. Of course, it is not as effective as either. The Fox decoy will not explode and does not have a lot of health, and the invisibility may grant you a bonus to melee damage, but only lasts 5 seconds. The main purpose of this is the survival of the Vixen. A stealthy move where a fox scuttles into a hole, and emerges somewhere else, ripe for biting someone in the &amp;#&#33;. I recommend a temporary increase in movement speed as well, to better position yourself for a barrage of sniper fire, with Sureshot and Deadeye.

Foxfire: To be honest, it seems rather lackluster for an ultimate. It's perfectly useable, but lacks a certain "Oomph". Perhaps an alternative: Vixen bursts into flames and for a brief moment, you can see nine tails of daemonic fire emerge from behind her. It immediately sweeps the area clear, explodes violently, dealing respectable damage (500 to 1000ish at max), and then blinds everyone within 50 meters for 10 seconds. At the same time the tails begin sweeping, Vixen teleports wherever you're aiming, with a max distance of 50-60ish meters. This teleportation sort of follows the same logic as Loki's Decoy aiming, and you can teleport to high ground while your Fox Familiar wrecks havoc down below. This is both to stun enemies, and gain a better vantage point from where you can better take out enemies at range, using Sureshot and Deadeye. A good fall-back option for the fox, causing maximum carnage while also slyly taking a better position. While this may sort of conflict with Zephyr's niche of being high-ground domination, Zephyr can always just leap up and immediately attain high-ground. Vixen still needs a platform.

Sorry for the wall of text! But here it is! A rather unapologetic suggestion!  

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaand I see that most people seem to have the same concerns as I did earlier! Shame I didn't read those before @_@ 

I have to say I truly like all your suggestions, however I am somewhat lost as particularly to how to change the stats, as well as I feel that the names might be needed to be tweaked.  Any chance of input there? 

Also, I love the wall of text.  I want more.

I have to say I truly like all your suggestions, however I am somewhat lost as particularly to how to change the stats, as well as I feel that the names might be needed to be tweaked.  Any chance of input there? 

Also, I love the wall of text.  I want more.

I'm pretty S#&amp;&#036; with names. XD

Vixen sounds pretty good, though! 

As for stats... I suspect she should be more fragile than the rest, making her necessity to run and hide, sniping from a distance, more pronounced. 

Health- 75 (250 at rank 30)
Power- 100 (150 at rank 30)
Armor- 20
Shield capacity- 100 (300 at rank 30.)
Sprint speed- 1.2
Stamina- 80
Polarities- 4x power, 2x tactic
Aura polarity- 1x tactic

I changed the Health and Shield to a lower value, but still quite forgiving when compared to Loki. Her sprint speed is sufficiently high that she might match him, too! Could even be higher, and though I'm a Loki Master Race guy, a fox sniper frame needs her niche as well. Tactics mod polarities are also good for such a frame!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxes_in_popular_culture  <--- Currently reading this for other cultural references

I'm pretty S#&$ with names. XD

Vixen sounds pretty good, though! 

As for stats... I suspect she should be more fragile than the rest, making her necessity to run and hide, sniping from a distance, more pronounced. 

Health- 75 (250 at rank 30)
Power- 100 (150 at rank 30)
Armor- 20
Shield capacity- 100 (300 at rank 30.)
Sprint speed- 1.2
Stamina- 80
Polarities- 4x power, 2x tactic
Aura polarity- 1x tactic

I changed the Health and Shield to a lower value, but still quite forgiving when compared to Loki. Her sprint speed is sufficiently high that she might match him, too! Could even be higher, and though I'm a Loki Master Race guy, a fox sniper frame needs her niche as well. Tactics mod polarities are also good for such a frame!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxes_in_popular_culture  <--- Currently reading this for other cultural references

So basically just drop the Health / shields some. 

So then how would you stat the powers? 

So basically just drop the Health / shields some. 

So then how would you stat the powers? 

Hard to define. Numbers are tricky, and best left to professionals. But if it were up to me...

Sureshot: No recoil, perfect accuracy, +20% reload speed. 10 sec duration.

Deadeye: +15% damage, +20% fire rate, +30% reload speed. 10 sec duration.

Stealth: 500hp decoy, +10% movement speed, 5 second invisibility

Foxfire: 500 damage max, 50m blind, 10 seconds, 60m teleport. Or something like that. Still competes with Excalibur's Radial Blind, though. Perhaps the shorter duration will still give Excalibur his niche. The point is to take out high-value targets, anyway.

Alternatively, Deadeye could be the one that has a +50% reload speed, and Sureshot has no reload speed increase. But that'll make Deadeye totally OP, cause it's for the whole team XD

All pretty modest boosts, but Snipers tend to be powerful, so adding too high a percentage would be far too dangerous. When you include crit damage, elemental weaknesses and multishot, a high percentage makes things spiral out of control too quickly. This is more a modifier for play style.

Hard to define. Numbers are tricky, and best left to professionals. But if it were up to me...

Sureshot: No recoil, perfect accuracy, +20% reload speed. 10 sec duration.

Deadeye: +15% damage, +20% fire rate, +30% reload speed. 10 sec duration.

Stealth: 500hp decoy, +10% movement speed, 5 second invisibility

Foxfire: 500 damage max, 50m blind, 10 seconds, 60m teleport. Or something like that. Still competes with Excalibur's Radial Blind, though. Perhaps the shorter duration will still give Excalibur his niche. The point is to take out high-value targets, anyway.

Alternatively, Deadeye could be the one that has a +50% reload speed, and Sureshot has no reload speed increase. But that'll make Deadeye totally OP, cause it's for the whole team XD

All pretty modest boosts, but Snipers tend to be powerful, so adding too high a percentage would be far too dangerous. When you include crit damage, elemental weaknesses and multishot, a high percentage makes things spiral out of control too quickly. This is more a modifier for play style.

Well Foxfire costs twice as much as Radial blind, and is still not quite as good at stun, so... yeha. 

Also, New names for Sureshot and Deadeye?  ideas? 

Well Foxfire costs twice as much as Radial blind, and is still not quite as good at stun, so... yeha. 

Also, New names for Sureshot and Deadeye?  ideas? 

Hmmm.... How about "Lockon" and "Hailfire"? 

Perhaps Stealth can be renamed to "Shadowpaw"?

Hmmm.... How about "Lockon" and "Hailfire"? 

Perhaps Stealth can be renamed to "Shadowpaw"?

Lock-on sounds good, but hailfire is just... eehhhhh.  And Shadowpaw sounds like something that a furry would come up with, not gonna lie. 

Anyhow, edited the stats, tell me what you think.

1st ability 25 power  Modable: Duration

Lock-on: improves accuracy to perfect and removes recoil on weapons for 2/5/8/10 seconds and reduces reload time by 5/10/15/20%. Animation would be a simple glow effect that would move from the warframe into the weapon/weapons.

2nd ability 50 power  Modable: Duration

Deadeye: Highlights enemies in line of sight for all members of your team, increases damage by 5/10/15%, and increases rate of fire by 5/10/15/20%.  Lasts for 2/5/8/10 seconds. 

3rd ability 75 power  Modable: Duration

Stealth: Leaves a decoy in place with 150/250/350/500 HP, increases Vixen's sprint speed by 10%, and renders Vixen invisible for 2/3/4/5 seconds.

4th ability 100 power  Modable: Duration, range, power

Foxfire: Nine wisps of flame appear around vixen before expanding and exploding into a conflagration, dealing 150/250/350/500 blast damage to all enemies in a 5m radius of Vixen,  and blinding all enemies within 50m for 2/5/8/10 seconds.  Vixen also rapidly leaps in the direction of her crosshair, up to 15/30/45/60 meters.

Lock-on sounds good, but hailfire is just... eehhhhh.  And Shadowpaw sounds like something that a furry would come up with, not gonna lie. 

Anyhow, edited the stats, tell me what you think.

1st ability 25 power  Modable: Duration

Lock-on: improves accuracy to perfect and removes recoil on weapons for 2/5/8/10 seconds and reduces reload time by 5/10/15/20%. Animation would be a simple glow effect that would move from the warframe into the weapon/weapons.

2nd ability 50 power  Modable: Duration

Deadeye: Highlights enemies in line of sight for all members of your team, increases damage by 5/10/15%, and increases rate of fire by 5/10/15/20%.  Lasts for 2/5/8/10 seconds. 

3rd ability 75 power  Modable: Duration

Stealth: Leaves a decoy in place with 150/250/350/500 HP, increases Vixen's sprint speed by 10%, and renders Vixen invisible for 2/3/4/5 seconds.

4th ability 100 power  Modable: Duration, range, power

Foxfire: Nine wisps of flame appear around vixen before expanding and exploding into a conflagration, dealing 150/250/350/500 blast damage to all enemies in a 5m radius of Vixen,  and blinding all enemies within 50m for 2/5/8/10 seconds.  Vixen also rapidly leaps in the direction of her crosshair, up to 15/30/45/60 meters.

Wow! Sounds good! Don't like the reload speed bonus on Deadeye though? :O 

Maybe you can make it a 50% reload speed bonus for Vixen herself? A group buff for reload speed would certainly be useful, though...

Wow! Sounds good! Don't like the reload speed bonus on Deadeye though? :O 

Maybe you can make it a 50% reload speed bonus for Vixen herself? A group buff for reload speed would certainly be useful, though...

Personally I think going further might be OP, especially late-game.  At max in late game, will increase DPS of weapons by 50%... which in the case of things like a maxed penta or boltor prime... yeah...

So I don't think the reload buff is needed.

if its a sexy looking female frame, ill just say this... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! but in all honesty, theres simply not enough female frames in the game and a sniper frame does seem to fit a missing spot in the game with all the rifles they have.  the abilities dont seem too overpowered at all as foxfire is just a radial blind with some fire damage, the hp and shields are balanced enough considering its role is to not get too close to anything, and it would give you an excuse to add some dagger stances along with it since daggers would be entertaining with the implied speed boost this frame has.  (oh and can it have a tail or tails as cosmetic items?)

Edited by Dreusyla