Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 Feedback: Megathread (With Template).

[DE]Rebecca

Melee 2.0 Feedback Megathread

In order to get the clearest and most organized feedback on Melee 2.0, we will be requesting that all relevant Melee 2.0 feedback be in this thread in the following format. If your initial feedback does not include a Stance mod, please revisit your post once you’ve secured a Stance to expand on your feedback.  

Helpful tips:

- Melee weapons can be equipped by holding “F” (default).

- When equipped,  you can ‘Channel’ your Warframe’s energy by holding “Left Mouse” (default).

- Stance Mods can be found throughout the Solar System.

Feedback Format:

Weapon(s) used:

Faction(s) fought:

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used:

Thoughts & Experiences:

Approximate Time Spent:

Supplementary Info
: Optional (Mouse/Keyboard? Controller? Coop/solo?)

Example(!):

Weapon(s) used: Bo

Faction(s) fought: Grineer

Mods equipped/Stance used:  Fury (maxed), Killing Blow (maxed), NO Stance,

Thoughts & Experiences: Overall the damage output was much better than I expected, but I had difficulty making the combat connect to maintain my combo counter. I will revisit with a Stance mod.
Channeling was very intuitive to execute but the value is still confusing, will have to revisit mods.
Stamina seems to factor in way more now, which is interesting.
Dodging was particular useful, as well as blocking gunfire.
Overall, I played 2 missions with the system and it seems like it'll take practice to master, but it will be worth it. My biggest concern/excitement after 1 hour of playing is the role of Stance mods, but I will have to use my Codex to figure out where to hunt.

Approx. Time Spent: 1 hour (2x30 min survival)

Supplementary info: Mouse and Keyboard, played Solo.

Please note that using the Feedback Format will be crucial for us to understand player experience with this system - posts that visibly derail from the structured format will be removed.

Weapon(s) used: Glaive Prime

Faction(s) fought: Greneer (while not really applicable)

Mods equipped/Stance used:  Fury (maxed), Killing Blow (maxed), Pressure Point (maxed), no stance

Used Gleaming Talon as well.

Thoughts & Experiences: I decided to run a simple Glaive build to get used to the system before going all endgame and immediately two problems with the Glaive/Glaive Prime showed up.

Problem 1: With the removal of charge speed mods charge speed is brutal on the Glaive. It would be great if Fury affected Glaive charge speed.

Problem 2: You can't throw in melee 2.0 mode. I don't know if this is because I am not using a stance but not being able to throw the Glaive in melee 2.0 mode feels outrageous. fixed as of 13.0.1 but the requirement to slash before you can throw is annoying.

Gleaming Talon feedback: Gleaming Talon's move set is almost the same as the original Glaive moveset except for 1 combo addition. Can you change it up a bit so it's more unique? So we got another combo which is great but the second combo is really annoying to execute without holding down the s key to keep the input going. Can you specify when you click the next button(s) in the combo for them to execute properly? During the end of the animation or do you tap out everything and "queue" all the commands?

Also how many combos will each card get? Will Gleaming Talon get more then two combos?

Problem 3: Glaive throw does not add to combo counter.

Approx. 10ish minutes 5 9  35 Hours
Supplementary info: Mouse and Keyboard, played Solo.

Edited by jrkong

Well, this isn't about a specific weapon, but more about keybinding options.

Can it be possible to have fire weapon and melee attack bound to the same button? (For instance, mouse 1) I know quick melee is a problem for this, so could that get a separate binding option?

P.S. I thought we were also supposed to get "default" stance mods to start out with, that didn't allow combos, but still at least gave us a mod point boost. Is that true?

Edited by Braken

Thoughts & Experiences:

Why can't I have my fire weapon button (left click) attack with my melee weapon when I have it out?
Why can't I just swap my melee and channelling keys?

It just feels a bit awkward as it currently is.

Weapon(s) used: Glaive Prime, Jat Kittag, Kestrel, Ether Reaper

Faction(s) fought: Corpus, Grineer, Corpus, Corpus

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: Don't remember. Melee Channel would be the interesting one.

Thoughts & Experiences: Channel efficiency working as intended. Energy Channel synergy with channeling? Jat Kittag looks really awkward in idle stance - I'd expect to be holding that thing with two hands most of the time. Love the finisher animation and the channeling kill though. And speaking of stances: I noted that my Saryn's Agile animation set was gone when I equipped melee. Not sure how to feel about this - on one hand, it's probably necessary to cut down on the animations especially if there's one for each melee weapon. 3x more work to do one for each animation set as well. But it just feels incongruous.

Cannot throw throwing weapon. :<

Had Killing Blow + Pressure Point on. Did the same damage with Channeling and without. To me, this feels underwhelming.
Need to wait for combos to see if Channeling really has that much of an advantage over normal melee. Would like a Channeling toggle button either way so I don't have to hold down yet another button while trying to parkour melee.

Ether Reaper looks beautiful, and a lot of other things look good too. But Jat Kittag feels awkward.

Approximate Time Spent: Not sure. Pretty much since U13 release.

Edited by Nyxem

Weapon Used: Jat Kittag

Faction fought: Corpus

Thoughts/Experience: I was skeptical, but it really felt good! Melee 2.0 feels good to use, and it seems (?) like my melee attacks were much stronger with Melee 2.0 than if I had just tried to quick-draw my melee like usual. It does feel like you guys took influence from DMC and such (at a base level)!

I was confused about how charge attacks work now. I miss the crazy Jat Kittag power spin...

Extra Info: Playing with a controller. I was worried about button mapping issues and such, but I'm happy to see that Melee controls were already mapped and shared the same inputs as firing controls. 

Edited by Toaman1994

Weapon(s) used: Nikana

Mods equipped/Stance used:  None

Thoughts & Experiences:I thought that it was said that weapons would come with a default stance mod ? But It still is better than the old system the bullet flinging is pretty good but the reach feels shorter than the blade.

Edited by Batwing

Thoughts & Experiences: I find myself with the melee in my main hand spamming left click at desperate situations when I need to hit my melee button instead. I believe we should have an option that when melee is drawn out to swap my melee button and left click so it feels more "right" when melee is equiped. Other then that I do like what I see. Just want key functions to auto swap with it out.

Approximate Time Spent: 10 minutes

Supplementary Info: Mouse/Keyboard

Weapon(s) used: Dakra Prime

Faction(s) fought: Grinner

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: Pressure Point, Focus Energy

Thoughts & Experiences: Blocking is Fun, but I'd like to try more of the system out from the start. Lots more fun with Reflection, (getting Ballistas to kill themselves). Left mouse button not attacking is a little unintuitive, but you get used to it. So far without a stance, the system feels like it gives you LESS choice and game play, instead of more.

Maybe, just maybe give all players ONE stance mod to start with, (probably the one that goes on the Skana) and let them go from there.

Approximate Time Spent: 30 mins (2 missions, one survival, one exterminate)

Supplementary Info: Mouse Keyboard.

Edited by Lysander26

Thoughts & Experiences:

Would like mouse4 to remain as a "quick block" while using guns.

Leaving mouse4 as an available block key could also allow easier melee use with mouse1 attack, mouse 2 channel (while E remains quick melee out of guns)

Could use a tutorial to teach proper use.

Flow between gun/melee is less smooth than before.  What if after pressing E for quick melee with a gun equipped, continuing to hold E thereafter would cause the melee to remain out and become the active weapon?  This would allow for smoother transitions between guns and melee, and better reactions to being cornered into close quarters combat.

Edited by Callback

Key-bind Issue

Mouse Button 1 will not bind to two actions at once.

I prefer all my attacks to be on my mouse (I use a naga) and for the longest time up till now, My Melee Attack has been my middle mouse button.

This causes problems obviously, so I went about switching them around thinking that the "Drawn Melee" state would just treat my Tenno as if i had equipped a weapon.

Come to find out, you can only have Mouse button 1 Key-bound to a single function, which kinda killed the new melee system for me.

What I would like: Gun State and Melee State to be key bind separated.

I would prefer to use Mouse button 1 for attack, Mouse button 2 for Channel, and Mouse Button 3 for Block.

Please?

Edited by Arkfall

I thought melee 2.0 was going to be that the left click was attack and right click was block. But There is not an option where you can use the left click for shooting and melee when the weapon is wielded. 

I use F as my normal melee when a gun is equipped. But when I have a melee weapon equipped I would like to have F as my channel (instead of the shoot button) and left click as melee.

lol i just had already the first bug, my melee weapon was stuck in channeling and i wasnt able to attack at all with my melee weapon while holding her, my weapon only glowed when i pushed my left mousebutton, before that occured was i able to attack normal with my weapon, but then blocked i a melee attack from the grennier and suddenly wasnt able to attack with y melee weapon

this happened with the dark sword, idk if that happens with other melee weapons but, my weapon just got stuck in channeling mode, everytime when i just hitted the left mousebutton wanted it to channel energy instead of attacking =x

Weapon(s) used: Valkyr's Hysteria

Dakra Prime with max pressure point

Thoughts & Experiences:

I was hoping that 2.0 would be a buff to Valkyr's 4, and in some ways it is.  For instance, the base damage on my Dakra Prime went up to 70 from 54, and the damage on my crit Dual Zoren went up to 35 from 13 (with a loss of AS, but AS doesn't affect Hysteria).

However, I'm severly disappointed that melee attacks during Hysteria still take Stamina.  I noticed a huge loss in mobility during Hysteria becaues of this: Hysteria's attacks themselves are already super slow, I don't want my run speed while using it compromised by attacking things, too, please.

Approximate Time Spent:

20 minutes exactly

Edited by Eyepop

Weapon(s) used:

Glaive/Glaive Prime

Faction(s) fought:

N/A

N/A

Thoughts & Experiences:

According to the codex, Glaive and Glaive Prime now have exactly the same stats.  Is this a Codex issue, or a tuning problem?

Approximate Time Spent:

N/A

Edited by Eyepop

Thoughts & Experiences: I find myself with the melee in my main hand spamming left click at desperate situations when I need to hit my melee button instead. I believe we should have an option that when melee is drawn out to swap my melee button and left click so it feels more "right" when melee is equiped. Other then that I do like what I see. Just want key functions to auto swap with it out.

Approximate Time Spent: 10 minutes

Supplementary Info: Mouse/Keyboard

I found left click in tandem with a well timed attack allows for a 'finisher' that does more damage and seems to increase the chance for status to inflict.  That was just my observation though.

Anyhow, my feedback.

Weapon(s) used: Fang

Faction(s) fought: Corpus and Greener

Mods equipped/Stance used:  No stance.  North Wind, Molten Impact, Pressure point (maxed), Melee Prowess, and Fury equipped.

Thoughts & Experiences: Extremely powerful, I found myself killing most enemies in less than a second, plowing through grouped lesser enemies far easier than with my rifles.  I found capture targets to fall in less than two seconds of slashing at them.  Overall... seems almost overpowered (given most games' melee implementations), but I'm not complaining at all.  It does definitely have me looking at me melee weapon as my new crowd control implementation rather than my rifle for most purposes, if at higher risk.  But the fun and speed is worth it in many cases.  Also, sending greneer grunts flying with one of the left click + e attacks was fun... many times over fun.

Approx. Time Spent: 30 min - 1 hour (several different missions)

Supplementary info: Mouse and Keyboard, played with multiple public games.

Edited by Evariskitsune

Editing as I try more weapons, more to come later.
Again: not any happy with new gameplay burried under RNG, I hope stance mods are not rare drops, otherwise whats the point if I cant even try any combos untill I spend 100 hrs grinding them.

So far I got more stances from 1,5mln worth of transmutting than from ~4hrs of desecrating every mob in corpus and grineer survivals/defs.

Testing results (Solo T3 ext, lvl30 to 40 mobs):

Dual ethers (all the mods, all maxed. no stnace build: http://i.imgur.com/RXHeG41.jpg): ~3500 spin attack lol, one-shotting T3 heavies, feels unusual maybe due to Fury nerf, momentum sends you further, normal attacks are very strong too, spin http://i.imgur.com/Y7wOOsb.jpg

Soloing T3 Exterminate with Dual Ethers only on Oberon

(build shown at the start)

Gelatine with no charge attack R.I.P. Tried normal crit build - it does good damage, but its no longer a 50000 crit heavy charge monster and feels too slow to me. nice finisher for 9k http://i.imgur.com/WTE0r04.jpg  I tried different Gala builds and I cant make it good, it really feels meh, worse than any fast weapon, only finisher does high damage.

Dual Zorens: no potato/forma build http://i.imgur.com/47ACFAW.jpg still rips T3 including heavies, but takes more time meaning you take damage, didn't look at numbers. Still copters despite Fury nerf.

Dual Ichors  - so far the best weapon in u13 (build http://i.imgur.com/Lv5K9CI.jpg) ... 15k normal hit crits on 'soft' targets http://i.imgur.com/DiL1dgA.jpg
8k on heavy armor (I think it was channeld attack but no multi) http://i.imgur.com/2r1bqMe.jpg
With Valk (Steel charge aura) 4900 crits on lvl36 hevy normal attacks (http://i.imgur.com/vIT2ASz.jpg) which shouldnt be, multi works in quick attack mode too?

Fang Prime+Sinking Talon. BUG Misses finisher sitting on top of enemy and aiming right at him, no damage: http://i.imgur.com/w3pqee4.jpg  same thing http://i.imgur.com/SYwxABm.jpg (happens with others weapons too, but on daggers its almost 100% miss)

The forward momentum of combo is too much, there is a chance you jump away from the target.

Dont have it potatoed, but with constant channelling and keeping the multi up I took on a pack of heavy mobs no problem.

sidenote: Valk Hysteria stealth attack is bugged: doing ~40 damage

Overall:
Stagger on every hit is back - you can stunlock with fast weapons yay!
On channelled killed enemies literary fly to heaven like ghosts, looks funny but not very convincing
Channelling is hard to use with current keys, agree with everyone (I changed to mouse wheel - attack, mouse2 - channel)
Coptering sends you much further than before, even on slower weapons which I dont like - it has become harder to land slide attacks.
Damage is OP as hell (for the current level mobs) and Im not even properly using channelling or stances or combo.
Please give us lvl50+ mobs if only for testing in a single node, lvl30-40 are baby easy becoming easier with every update. On the other hand its comparable with OP weapons, that do 10000+ DPS.

Balance: fast crit weapons (Ichors, Cleavers, Zorens, Dakkra) are MUCH better than anything, slow heavy weapons are weak - they dont build up multiplier, they dont stagger as much. Berserker mod is OP (speed buff stacks)

Combos.. disappointing so far, I didnt try many stances yet, but only 2 combos per mod, and I don't see much use for most combos, simply spamming attack seems to work better and much easier of course.

New animations are very cool.

Edited by Monolake

Weapon(s) used: Any twin daggers.

Mods equipped/Stance used:  No stance.

Thoughts & Experiences: It fels unbelievably sh** to be slashing with just one of the two daggers. Not to mention losing what was previously a core functionality: multihit attacks.

Keybinding options : We can't block during gun play? OMG please add it back because it really useful when we use to cancel the reload to do the sudden shot and block an instant damage that make us down it's really save our life many time.

*my suggest: is it's may block only half damage same as Melee 1.0 when we do the gun play and full block with melee play in anyways we need it back pls.

Edit: Fury nerf? we can't do the heli move any more? :(

Edited by ZESTZKIDZ

Your keybinding options need serious work.

Weapon(s) used: Doesn't matter

Faction(s) fought: Doesn't matter

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: Doesn't matter

Thoughts & Experiences: You cannot bind Mouse1 to Gun Shooting and Melee Attack in Stance mode. This is a serious oversight considering all the time you've pumped into this system. When a player goes into Stance mode with the weapon Drawn there is 0 reasons Mouse 1 cannot be used as the Attack button. How is this not the default mode of behavior? I cannot think of a PC game that equips a melee weapon as the primary not behaving this way. Instead you bind Charge to Mouse1 which is counter intuitive and level melee on E. So clearly double binding is possible but if you start doing custom binding you lose this. If full expected Quick Melee (E) to be separate from Stance Melee. I will be coming back to this post and linking to a full feedback thread after I get some sleep. Currently, as it stands, I can't say I'm disappointed because that would imply that I actually had high expectations for this roll out to begin with. Perplexed is the better word. I am perplexed that this very standard arranged(Mouse1 = Attack) was not the default in Stance mode. You even bind Block to Mouse2 had have it override Aim on the same button. How? How did this get screwed up?

And I'm not alone on this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/209449-we-need-separate-keybind-for-quick-melee/

Approximate Time Spent: ~10 minutes fighting the Keybind menu inside a mission.

Supplementary Info: Keyboard and Mouse (with additional mouse buttons 4 & 5 on the sides)

Edited by Brasten

Feedback Format:

Weapon(s) used:orthos prime

Faction(s) fought:all

Thoughts & Experiences: NOBODY did normal attack builds before, but I did. With orthos prime it schooled all weapons in dps. 2.1 attack speed had dropped to 1.3, and the hit box is half of the time pointing straight infront of me instead of around me. Dislike!

Approximate Time Spent:
15 minutes

Weapon(s) used:

Ether Reaper

Faction(s) fought:

Grineer

No stance mod, Focus Energy, Pressure point, Rending strike, North wind, Voltaic strike, Reflex coil, Fury, Parry.

Thoughts & Experiences:

Felt the same as before b/c of no stance mods. Also got chopped in half by a butcher (Example http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/796317237328231761/D28DD71FAA88379278BEC1B1224C50D78F9DC6D5/ )

Approximate Time Spent:

2 minutes before being cut up

Well, this isn't about a specific weapon, but more about keybinding options.

Can it be possible to have fire weapon and melee attack bound to the same button? (For instance, mouse 1) I know quick melee is a problem for this, so could that get a separate binding option?

P.S. I thought we were also supposed to get "default" stance mods to start out with, that didn't allow combos, but still at least gave us a mod point boost. Is that true?

THIS!

Also please make it a little bit more obvious which stances are for which weapon types. The first stance I found was seismic slam and I just looked for a matching polarity (D) which I had on the Lecta but I could not equip it. So I looked at the picture (which should not be necessary because it might be a horrible way of conveying information to newer players) and found the Furax in it. Since I don't own a pair for Furax I thought "surely this must be a fist weapon punchy style" so I went for the Kogake which did not let me equip the stance.

Edited by Neyd

2 Things that bug me so far...

1)  There needs to be a way to have 2 modes for key binds... for example I want Mouse 1 to be attack on both ranged and melee not either or, not sure if I'm explaining it right, but you cant have the main fire button be the main button for melee.

2)  There needs to be a way to toggle changeling on or off instead of having to hold down the button, it should be a toggle enabled thing, at least optional.  Much like crouch or sprint.

Please take these 2 little things into consideration, thank you.

EDIT:  On a side not not sure if glitch or if you guys ran out of time, but Excalibur Prime doesn't glow when you enable channeling which makes me a sad panda.  Please make it happen DE, thank you.

Edited by Z3GR4M