Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 Feedback: Megathread (With Template).

[DE]Rebecca

Weapon(s) used: Dragon Nikana

Faction(s) fought: Grineer

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: Tranquil Cleave, Build is raw damage centric + Voltaic strike + beserker.

Thoughts & Experiences:

-Dodging:

Rolling sideways is not fast enough, A simple side dash with the weapon inheriting momentum would be more useful. Forward roll is now considerably slower. Preferred the previous roll forward distance and execution speed. Why in a melee fight would we do a backwards handspring? Make Dodges faster in execution, Distance should be between current sideroll and forward roll.

-Animations/Expression

Animations used in all melee stances lack... Martial arts expression PM me for more details on what I mean. I can't explain very well in words. I will try to make a thread about it later. Certain animations lack Martial form (even the entertaining unpractical ones). There is either too much animation easing, or not the correct type of easing in the right places. The standard react Melee does not look like a react at all. 

-Depth

The C button while meleeing is very much unused... Aside from slide melee... no one crouches and melees at the same time. Implement C for more Vertical Strikes while not sprinting. 

You need more combo's and variety of animations between weapons for ground slams, Wall running strikes.

This is only a taster of how I feel towards this system. I'm going to play ALOT more just so I can make my review thread/video more credible.

Approximate Time Spent: 11 hours of Melee 2.0

Supplementary Info: All game modes, solo and in a team. Most enjoyable when there are just 2 of you.

Weapon used: Pangolin Sword

Faction fought: Grineer

Mods equipped/Stance used: Tried with and without Reach and Second Wind, NO Stance

Thoughts & Experiences: Really loving the buffed blocking mechanic. Looks so awesome while channelling and blocking bullets! Also I LOVE how the new dodge camera follows the Tenno as they move and even zooms in a bit. I really am enjoying the new swordplay.

A few issues I encountered:

• When able to finish an enemy following a channel parry, the prompt read "Stealth Kill". There was nothing stealthy about it, my Tenno performed the finisher XD I was in open combat, suspect this was a bug.
  • When performing finishers following a channel parry, my Tenno executed it perfectly. However, the finisher ends with the Tenno farther back (in respect to the enemy) than when initialized, which actually threw me through walls and off of walkways (this was on Grineer asteroid tilesets I believe). This is actually a pretty bad bug, engaging a group of enemies on a narrow walkway (where there is no escape for them :P ) then finishing one off and being thrown off the walkway by it kinda sucks.
  • I'm confused if channeling while parrying a melee attack consumes energy per parry, even if it didn't open up a finisher. Some clarification here would be much appreciated.
Approximate Time Spent: 1 Hour (last night, pre-hotfix if there was one)

Supplementary Info: Mouse and Keyboard. Solo, various mission types.

Just a suggestion, maybe the hit counter could decay rather than hard reset after 4 seconds?? For example, if at 14 hits, after 4 seconds it would start decaying by

((number of seconds since last hit)-4) per second.

Ex, at five seconds since last hit, my counter would then be 13. At six, 11. At seven, 8. At eight, 4. By nine, my counter would now be 0 again.

If that's too slow of a decay, it could just be the same formula but doubled so the decays per consecutive second would be -2, -4, -6, etc. So in that case my 14 hit total would be totally reset by eight seconds but would only be 2 at seven seconds.

Either that or it should be some exponential function of decay such as (n-4)^2. That way, by the seventh second, the hit counter would've dropped by 14. But only by 5 at six seconds. That way, staying out of melee combat decays your counter rapidly after about seven seconds but only slightly before then, which could help with engaging enemies that just require a couple more seconds to get to.

I just suggest this because a total reset after only 4 seconds is pretty rough in my opinion, at least against ranged enemies. I noticed while I was playing I would shy away from some melee engagements just a second before when I saw my melee hit counter completely reset.

Anyways! Awesome update, thanks so much DE I can't wait to get some stances tonight and really bring out the inner ninja haha

-FinnishHim

Edited by FinnishHim

Weapon(s) used: Galatine,Ether Reaper

Faction(s) fought: All of them

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: no stance, mods does not matter any more

Thoughts & Experiences: Now, when I experienced more of the new system, I'm ready to share my thoughts. And yes - I do not like new melee combat after all. Sorry. Sure it looks cool... Until you see biggest sword in game held like a broom... First off all: old melee system + melee 2.0 (after switching to sword only) = that would not destroy many builds.

I can not understand why old "combo" is reduced to ony 2 sword swings. It is useless now! Even with maxed out swing speed I have this strange "slow motion feeling" when I'm using galatine.

We are forced to go sword only or gun only at the moment. We can not use gun when holding sword / sword are useless when holding gun... Switching between them is to long and may cost a life. Honestly guys... TRUE ninja can use both of his weapons at the time! This game is losing its ninja based spirit! Are you guys able to give it back?

At first it was fun vanquishing enemies after using channeling... but then was this sad, sad Necros I meet on defence mission. No bodies - no zombie minions, no grave digging, no fun... Sad, sad Necros. Feel sorry for him.

Approximate Time Spent: almost whole day

Thanks for all your hard work DE.

Edited by HvyPainkiller

Weapon(s) used: orthos prime

Faction(s) fought: grineer

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: no stance mods

Thoughts & Experiences:

I feel melee 2.0 is bringing back the ninja theme to the game, so good work there, it feels like a fresh new game.

But, the game as been too much time in-development focusing on guns, and now we can see playing only with melee haves inconsistency problems.

Theres many parts of the game that were meant to be played with guns, and these keep pushing for gun play, or keep making playing melee only not viable.

Such as doing defense missions, it scatters the team across the map even more then before, as every individual is trying to melee, creating even more cases when nobody is defending the pod, and harder to get team affinity share.

Sentinels still kill many of any enemy you are trying to kill by melee. (bad feedback, never mind)

Door censors, cameras and turrets are inaccessible for melee attack.

Theres no way to melee fight a toxic ancient without proximity damage.

etc, etc, the game is still too much dependent on using and carrying a gun

BUG:

Somehow I got stuck on chat during a mission, I just opened a tab to whisper to someone and then I got stuck, might also be related to redtext announcing new hotfix. (or not)

Pressing escape, or any other way to close the chat window was disabled.

ztew0Hd.jpg

Approximate Time Spent: 5-7m

Edited by 7grims

Sorry that this post doesn't follow the traditional feedback format but this is just a suggestion that general discussion ate that still pertains to melee 2.0 and i feel it does fit in with the topic of feedback. i was wondering if it is at all possible that you can make it so that the melee attack key-bind is split into two separate keys so that quick melee is its own input while the normal melee attack is another. this way i and the other controller based players can key bind the same button we use for our weapons fire and use it to attack with our melee weapon while we are in a melee stance. this can really make the transition between weapons much more comfortable and fluid. and as i have been seeing, it appears many keyboard and mouse players are experiencing a similar situation.

Weapon: Glaive

Faction: doesn't matter

Stance: none

Thoughts: due to the removal of charge speed, the charging time to throw is clunky, slow, and not good for when you need it.

Suggestion: Have fury affect the charge speed for Glaive/prime. It would solve the problem without having to add new mods or break others.

Weapon(s) used: Jat Kittag, Fang Prime, Dual Ichor, Kestrel

Faction(s) fought: Grineer, Corpus, Corrupted

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: Full loadout (most of the above have 0-2 forma), Sinking Talon on Fang Prime

Thoughts & Experiences:
-Switching to full melee is slow.
-Kestrel is neutered.  The throw rate is atrocious (back to original speed) and it somehow seems weaker.  Can't channel+throw it either.  Even adding fury to increase throw speed would not be enough.

-Fang Prime take dual dagger stance Sinking Talon =, but with wrong polarity C.  What's that about?

-Channeling is really cool.  Don't know how much it really adds with no UI information.  Questionable if useful. Mysterious mystical ability.
-I miss weapon blocking/quick blocking, even though I never had a use for it before

-Even though I use a side button for melee, I would rather have left click become melee and E/my side button be for channeling.
-The pauses in Sinking Talon stance for the EE - EE don't feel right. Maybe too delayed/rigid.  

-Wouldn't bother switching to full melee if we could quick block or combo counter worked on quick melee attacks.

-Valkyr's Hysteria seems weaker with several of the weapons listed above.

-Combo counter/damage multiplier is great, though not as crazy as I thought it would be.  This is good.  Its a fun mechanic, though the 4 sec fade overemphasizes sliding and coptering

-Appreciate the boost to coptering for most weapons. Dual Ichors are now jetchors.

-Thank you for putting parry and similar mods on melee mods.

-Great animations and FX so far, though the 2nd sinking talon stance needs work to flow right.

-Grineer Melee units don't really show up in later survival times to know if they're actually any kind of melee challenge.

-Could a block-cancel be added to slam attacks (ie if you accidentally slam instead of coptering and have to wait to fall a long distance before landing and doing anything)?

-The changes to blocking are long needed and extremely welcome, thanks.

-LARGE WEAPONS one hand holding animation is awkward and looks bad.  Won't use these weapons (not that I used charge weapons before really). Lower the weapon grip/give them two handed holds.
-Achievement points for any DE employees reading this deep into the topic

Approximate Time Spent: 5+ hours

Edited by Terrornaut

Weapons: ceramic dagger, glave, skana, dual ethers, kogake

Factions: grineer + infected(accident), grineer, infested I think, infested, corpus

Mods: no stances, I didn't change much from before so mostly pressure point and fury.

Time: several hours

Thoughts: everything seems faster and stronger now. I never mastered charge attacks before melee 2.0, so when I fell back on what I did during melee 1.0 I was fine with or without ranged weapons. What I really need to learn next to master the sword alone is to remember that shooting does not work (cause that button is channeling instead). On the glave, if I did not read the forums about throwing it melee 2.0 with the glave would have been a huge downer. I left my non max ranked carrier on during the corpus missions I did, I think this saved me from the trouble of dealing with flying enemies. I once dealt with the drops staying up in the rafters by fly kicking ospreys into submission in melee 1.0 so in a pinch that is what I would do. channeling seemed really powerful, but I seem to use to much or too little of it due to my energy siphon. On blocking this is the first time I had successfully blocked as a part of combat so that made me happy. I think that the most of the rare stance mods should go on the common enemy types so that we can get some of the mods, I am not very good at grinding for mods so I will probably be rank 12 by the time I get a stance mod (not DE's fault, well mostly anyways, I got my first serration on last weekend's gift of the lotus forma alert).

Weapon: Orthos prime.

Faction: Grineer.

Stance: None.

Thoughts: My actual complain with the new system is just the hotkeys. I used always mouse thumb button for melee, now in melee 2.0, it feels unintuitive, because the main melee attack comes from the thumb, but channeling is on mouse left button (melee attack should be here), and parrying on the right button. The problem is, I really want to use the left mouse button for melee attacks, feels much more intuitive, but the hotkeys in melee 2.0 are not separate from normal melee and i can't use the left mouse button without sacrificing the weapon fire button.

My sugestion is: ¿Can we get separate controls for normal melee and melee 2.0? Making melee 2.0 an entire difference stance without sharing the normal mode controls. That way, we could use normal mode and melee 2,0 in a more intuitive and customziable way, allowing everyone to play comfy.

Edited by ZoSo

Weapon(s) used: galatine, glaive, kestrel, ichor

Faction(s) fought: corpus

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: no stances/ whatever mods i had previously equipped

Thoughts & Experiences:  thrown weapons seem broken and unusable in 2.0 . before, the charge speed was fast enough that throwing a glaive/kestrel was faster than reloading/swapping guns, making thrown weapons incredible in clutch situations. now i cant even throw out a kestrel to knock down a stompy-moa before he stomps me, which was my main reason for keeping that weapon as my main anti-corpus 'melee'.

The glaive functions great as a 'melee' weapon now, looks super badass too, but with the throwing function in its current state, i moved on...

the galatine looks too goofy to use now. both in the way its held when drawn and the speed of the basic attacks. using the stealth sentinel along with the galatine was a fun combo and gave me a reason to not the use the loot-hoover, but no more.

dual ichors seem much more powerful and i was able to carve through a mission on my loki with ease.

the new controls are super clunky, luckily i had sprint/crouch/block/fire all mouse bound before U13 so i was able to make do and feel like with practice i could get use to them. however i really dont understand why the 'fire' button now enables melee charge; why not have 'melee attack' button do 'charge attacks' and the 'fire button' do 'uncharged attacks', or vice-versa. the current system is as hard to adjust to as that sentence was to write ^_^ 

overall i am rather disappointed with melee 2.0 . the fact that i can make a pure melee build and do end game content is super cool and im sure ill get some great fun out it, but sacrificing power attacks for combos that require a clunky weapon swap was not even close to being worth it. 

i hope a stance mod is added that restores melee 1.0 while equipped.

or that melee 2.0 is only enabled when a stance mod is equipped.

sorry.

Approximate Time Spent: ~1hr

Edited by c2487233

Weapon(s) used: longswords.

Faction(s) fought: Grineer, Corpus

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: no stance, couple of damage mods.

Thoughts & Experiences:

1. Control.

1) Toggle button for channeling/block needed. In combat, you must hold both keys - it is tiring

2) Separate button for "fast strike". Yes, I want to put it on LMB.

2. Gameplay.

1) Damage reduction needed. Defence angle is ~150%, and i need some time for attack. When I fight with a big crowd, enemies are free to shoot me from behind.

2) Radial CC protection. Maybe something like "channel block".

Bugs/flaws:

- Roller cannot be blocked.

- I can not identify the conditions for a counterattack.

Approximate Time Spent: few hours.

Edited by letir

weapons used: jat kittag

stance used: none

thoughts: you did away with the jet stuff again and the upside smash inerithed from fragor is seriously weird as you're hitting with the jet part and it's mechanically impossible considering the thrust should logically come from it, imo you should link old charge attack animation on 4rth consecutive strice and emove this

ps: anyone found  hammer stances ever?

Weapon(s) used: Galantine, Dual Ichor, Fang Prime

Faction(s) fought: Captain Vor

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used:

Galantine: Killing Blow, Fury, Corrupt Charge, Focus Energy, Spoiled Strike, Pressure Point, Fever Strike, Jagged Edge

Dual Ichor: Pressure Point, Fury, Spoiled Strike, Reach R1

Fang Prime: North Wind, Voltaic Strike, Virulent Scourge, Sundering Strike, Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fury, Reach

Thoughts & Experiences:

Not being able to block while using guns is affecting my game-play. I'm getting hit more by enemies where I know I'm out-numbered and need to back out. I can't switch to melee fast enough to block any significant amounts of damage. I cannot block-cancel my reloads anymore either.

Not being able to channel during quick melee attacks is a disappointment, but I guess it was never a promised feature. I have the skill to do it, and would have liked that feature.

40% (Focus Energy) + 60% (Reflex Coil) = 100%. So what's the cap on Channeling Efficiency? Shouldn't channeling be free if its 100% cheaper? 5 energy to 1 energy is significant, but its not 100% less. What's the math here?

Having to switch to a gun to break a ceiling fan during grineer level sucked. Cannot Sword Alone in this instance. :(

Being unable to kill a shield Osprey with my melee attacks simply because it is above my head sucks. Cannot Sword Alone

Gallantine: Changed my mods so I could do more damage to enemies. I expected Vor at lvl 43 to spawn the lvl 34 enemies. Without Channeling in my build, I could not attack fast enough or do enough damage against a lvl 34 elite grineer lancer to kill it before Vor killed me. Lack of Galantine Charge Attack Damage has completely changed the weapon, and it doesn't look good.

Fang Prime: Was able to combo him well. Got up to a 60+ combo counter multiple times on Vor, and I started wondering when the next multiplier would happen. I would only loose combo when Vor would go invulnerable, and I could not switch to one of his spawns fast enough to preserve my combo counter. I would kill an enemy, turn, slide to the next, and attack, and my combo counter would be reset. While building it back up isn't terribly difficult, loosing 60+ attacks in a combo is saddening.

Fought him again this morning after a hotfix, finally saw combos doing work. Hit 3x damage. Yay!

I don't think I was supposed to as I kept gaining combo hits while doing no damage against vor's bubble. Could be a bug.

Dual Ichor: Wasn't as fast as fang prime, but seemed to do better damage with less mods and fewer combos required.

I'd like a more fluid way to change between melee and ranged combat. When I slide into enemies and slash them apart, I like using my quick strikes to shred them apart. If I could hold down the melee button to enter melee mode, that would be very rewarding! I could then start using combos against people I'm already in melee range instead of holding the weapon switch button in hopes of entering melee mode. Swapping back would have to use the weapon switch option, but we would have to get used to that.

Swapping between Melee and Ranged is like a gigantic Speed Bump in the fast paced ninja action that Warframe is when you don't enter into melee mode.

Melee 2.0 is neat, full of cool features, and I'm sure you could learn to play with just a sword. The fact that it takes away from what warframe already was by removing features that players relied upon (quick-blocking mainly) is a disappointment. This could be remedied quite easily by letting us block quickly with an extra stamina cost, or by holding the block button we enter melee and block all in one move. The fact that some levels have obstacles that are un-killable by tenno who only use swords is a problem. I have no clue how to solve this one.

Approximate Time Spent: 6 hours

Supplementary Info: Mouse and Keyboard, solo

Edited by Balduron04

Weapons: Fang Prime, Dakra Prime, and Orthos Prime

Warframe: Excalibur (Melee/stamina build)

Faction: Grineer mostly

Stance: None

Using: Controller for Combat

Experience: The first time I played with the new melee system I took my Dakra Prime, removed all mods and immediately went to Ceres and ran an extermination. The controls at first felt really clunky but after I remapped the controls it felt a lot more natural. I completed the mission with only one death, and after that I went crazy with the new melee system. The new block mechanic and channeling has opened a new style of gameplay up for me, and a brand new challenge.

My feedback: As I said I am loving it to death, however it is taking me a bit longer than I would like to find the stance mods. I know it all has to do with RNG, but I really want to get into the main area of the system that was worked on. I've only received 2 stance mods so far, and both were for weapons I don't use (fist), and with out the stance mods I feel like I back to the old melee system, minus the crap damage and charge attacks. Other than this I am enjoying it a lot so far.

Machete Wraith

Sundering weave stance. No other mods equipped.

Grineer (20-25 minutes survival mission in Mercury)

Thought and experience.

Sundering weave seems to focus on frontal direct damage with ground finisher at the end of FFF-F combo. However, I notice inconsistency between combo timing which means cobo is unreliable. Therefore, I spam channeling and normal attack and both of which are suffice. Parry actually useful now that it can actually block incoming damage from the front and block Heavies' shockwave. Continuously press LMB while spamming channeling attack is quite fun but it has tendency to be boring since it doesn't differ from charge attack in previous system.

Imo, improving combo and make it useful more than this. Furthermore, get rid of those slide attack, jump attack special names and add more combo. Perhaps one that use other weapon like Pistol in the offhand

Weapon used: Hate

Faction(s) fought: All of them.

Mod(s) equipped/stance used: Reach,Fury,Pressure point,Reaping Spiral stance

Thoughts & Experiences: The whole left click to channel and E to melee while in melee 2.0 mode is extremely counter-intuitive,as other people have mentioned.

Also,the reaping spiral stance feels....slow? even with the maxed fury mod it feels like its extremely sluggish,even for a 'heavy weapon'.The small pause to start throwing your scythe around like a madman seems abit too small as well,i either fail and do nothing,or continue swing my scythe left and right.

Not totally melee 2.0 related,but the simple fact that some mods are hidden in the terrible system that is the transmutation is somewhat annoying,the simple fact that we have to waste credits and mods constantly in the HOPES we'll get a stance mod,then HOPE its the one we want/need,that coupled with the fact that theres an extremely annoying bug whereby the transmutation process eats up your mods and credits,and decides it shouldnt give you a mod back,at all,is extremely irritating and aggravating.Small note,but its quite clear having the rest of the stance mods as rare drops isnt a smart idea either,you all seemed to put way too much effort into melee 2.0 to just dump it behind a RNG wall.

Another thing,i feel somewhat? cheated when checking out the combos,i was expecting a badass aerial slam attack and slide attack,given the cool sounding names,but instead what i got was just the regular variants of those attacks,is that intended?

Finally,the harsh 4 second counter for the combos is well,harsh,it makes me feel like i shouldnt even bother trying to rack up combos with my beloved scythe,given its sluggish nature,unless i happen to find a really large group of tough enemies.

Approx. time played: 2 hours (3/4 of which was grinding my brains out against ruk trying to get that other scythe stance,followed by losing more of my brain in a transmutation spree)

As a side note and small question,what happened to what geoff said much earlier on? I cant remember which livestream,and i dont intend to slowly sift through them to find it,but at one point geoff showed us follow up attacks after the ground slam and slide attack respectively(the sword's slam aoe is followed by an upwards cut).Is that concept forgotten/scrapped/in the works? I'd really like that in melee 2.0 as well,to make it much less sluggish.

Edited by Celiex

Thoughts & Experiences:

Pretty much my only real complaint is not being able to see the channeling stat. I have no idea how much extra damage I do when channeling and how much it uses. I see how much stamina is used, I see my melee damage, I even see the wall/leap/spin damage, but not channeling.

Stance mods dropping. IT WAS A BAD IDEA. You said in devstream 25 that you didn't want people to grind them. In devstream you said the exact opposite and in final build you made us your grinding slaves. Not sincere, DE, not sincere. And not including those mods with build? I mean, what? And go past that, some rare mods literally NOT DROPPING?  Like tranquil cleaver, I mean, RNG was already bad, but that transmute thingy you have implemented brokenly to game and never cared about afterwards, is becoming only source to obtain a mod? And thinking that I have spent Plat on that mod, Why do you do this? Can you think of my Frustration? And after you said you wouldn't make us GRIND for them!

Weapon Used: Furax

Mods/Stance used: No stance

Time Spent: 15 minutes

The Rest: is not really relevant to this, I only include stance on the off chance that not having a stance is the root of my problem

speaking of which:

Thoughts & Experiences: I just wanted to say that I really miss my falcon punch. Don't get me wrong, the damage and feel of melee is improved, and I'm not Incredibly Miffed™ about this or anything (I can always use jumpkick for my knockdown needs). Thing is, the whole reason I used the Furax to begin with was because of the handy-dandy charge punch. Without it, I don't really see the point of the Furax! 

That's all. If this is something I can replace with some stance-dependent move or something, I'd love to know. Thanks!

Edited by Leprikhan

Weapon used: Darka prime And Bo 

Stances: No stance for Dakra ;  Clashing forest for BO

Time played with both weapons : approx 5 hours with breaks .

Thoughts about the system.  It's really fluid , running and just slashing an enemy or hitting it in the face is pretty satisfying . Damage scales well with difficulty. THere's more room for variety builds. the channeling system looks cool and is very well balance with or without a stance (for now) . Well you succeed in making it a viable alternative. It still needs polishing and fixing but hey that's why we're beta testers.

Gameplay issues

> The combo counter is too harsh , combos break too easy against large mobs. But are easy to pull off vs bosses like vor 

>It's impossible to hit an enemy beneath you in a flight of stairs. you keep hitting air.

> The combos don't seem very responsive on the BO staff stance I have.

> The enemies sometimes just keep running from you while shooting ; so you're just flailing trying to hit them (i should probably use a reach mod)

> sometimes it's like there's an invisible wall between you and the enemy. = 1 or 2 strikes miss for no reason.

My main problem with the system right now :

I'm not the only one DE. look at this thread.

THe stance mod drop rates are too damn low.

Somethign must be done

>Either give a mandatory Stance mod with each weapon , and make us grind the rare ones like Steve said in the stream

> OR increase the stance drop rate considerably so we don't grind for 12 hours to get 1 stance mod....it's ridiculous.

I'm very dissapointed. we've been waiting for this update and specifically Melee 2.0 for months.  And you hide this whole layer of awesome gameplay behind a wall of RNG.

This brings too much frustration to myself and this community DE.

Peace 

i hope you fix this somehow

You'll never get the best feedback if no one uses the stance mods

Edited by Deidaku

Weapon used: Obex

Factions fought: Corpus, Corrupted (Void), Grineer

Mods equipped: No stance. Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Heavy Trauma, Organ Shatter, True Steel, Finishing Touch and Warrior's Grip.

Thoughts and experiences:

Although I haven't used any stance mods yet, I do really enjoy playing with the blocking and channeling mechanics. There is, however, one small problem, and it has to do with Warrior's Grip, which is the main reason I'm posting here.

I transmuted Warrior's Grip, equipped it and found that it didn't do much. I expected that. After today's hotfix, though, blocking while channeling with the mod on caused me not to lose any stamina. I tried this against the Corpus on Venus and Jupiter, as well as the Grineer on Pluto. I didn't take any damage either; I was completely invulnerable. Perhaps converting 20% of damage taken while blocking+channeling is a bit too much... or the mod is bugged.

Approx. time played: Ca. 2-3 hours.

EDIT: A friend of mine told me that he didn't take any damage while blocking without having the mod (not even channeling). This makes me think blocking as a whole is bugged.

Edited by Cythphn

Weapon(s) Used: Kogake

Faction Fought: Grineer, Corpus and Infested

Mod's Equipped/Stance Used: Unfortunately I can't equip my stance mod yet because of the bug but the mods I had on were Pressure Point (Maxed), Berserker (Maxed), Fury (Maxed), Heavy Trauma (Maxed), Spoiled Strike (Maxed), Killing Blow (Maxed), Organ Shatter (Maxed) & True Steel (Maxed).

Thoughts & Experiences: The first second I thrust my fist into the air with Kogake equipped, the fluidity and speed just blew me away! The combos I have yet to try out but let me tell you the buff the Kogake got was amazing. I don't think I'll be able to get a high combo string seeing has my Kogake basically one punch everything but who cares. I haven't used blocking yet seeing as the martial art I practice in real life relies on Offense not Defense. The targeting system is really awesome too and it really seems to help the reach problem the Kogake always had. Other then that.......MELEE 2.0 FOR THE EFFING WIN. THANK YOU SO MUCH DE.

Approximate Time Spent: 3-4 Hours (All Ceres)

Supplementary Info: Mouse & Keyboard, Played Multiplayer.

Weapon(s) used: Kestrel

Faction(s) fought: Grineer (Mercury, Appolodorus, Survival)

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used:

Frame: Rhino Prime

Steel Charge (r5).
    Rhino Charge (r3), Iron Skin (r3), Roar (r3), Rhino Stomp (r3).

Redirection (r10), Continuity (r5), Rush (r5),
    Vigor (r5), Intensify (r5), Streamline (r5)

Melee: Kestrel

No Stance Mod.

Power Throw (r5), Fury (r5), Rending Strike (r3), Pressure Point (r5),
    Whirlwind (r4), Focus Energy (r3), Reflex Coil (r5), Killing Blow (r5)

Thoughts & Experiences:

Overall I appreciate the changes from an aesthetic standpoint. The blocking animations are visually appealing, channeling is stunning and pushes me to explore new ways to use the feature. The tremendous amount of effort DE put into this system is greatly appreciated.

That said in its initial incarnation it needs tweaking. The transition between gun and melee is not as fluid as your previous melee system. This is not just a matter of me getting used to new things, it not intuitive in the key bindings (as other have mentioned). My main concern is specific to the Kestrel (and Glaive) with its throw delay not allowing quick "Oh [explicative]" utility.

I am leaning to the thought that damage is too high. Enemies are dropping to fast to really enjoy the combo system to its fullest. I have yet to test on long survival runs so I withhold a strong opinion on this at the moment.

I do not know what the melee aura mods do or how they enhance or improve the system. Other than my own curiosity, I have no clue in game how they can improve play with my favorite weapons.

Please refer to the game-play video (youtube):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTAYOLWhaJE

Notable bugs.

• Self damage on throw animation (occurs when throwing arm is fully extended backwards just before forward throw animation)
  • Melee animation freeze on death. Only unfreezes when attempting the same attack animation (if revived).
  • Unable to throw weapon without first initiating a normal attack. 

Visual Inconsistencies:

• Inconsistent left to right handed weapon animation. Weapons returns caught in left hand but then instantly appears in right hand when attacking.
  • Kestrel disappears during attack animations. This occurs (intermittently) when quickly attacking after return/catch animation.
  • Return animation: Kestrel appears for a single frame in right hand then disappears as the left hand catch animation plays.

Approximate Time Spent: ~ 16m:30s

Supplementary Info:

Input: Keyboard/Mouse (Logitech G510/G700)