Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframes Are Good For A Second Choice?

Grenegade

Question

So I have been playing Warframe for a few days now, and I'm about level 20 on my Excalibur. A lot of other frames look really good, but I'm not sure what I want to pick. My only real preference is that the frame that I pick actually changes my gameplay style, so any suggestions?

I normally play run n' gun style excalibur, spamming powers in dire situations.

Also, and general tips or juicy bits of info for a newbie?

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

There is no much difference in frames if you constantly use guns.

It's more about how you prefer to look from side.

For example:

I play Loki. I have high-end Furax with heavy damage output. My target is heavy opponents that hard to takedown fast and Bosses. My overall power is low but when it come up to boss or heavy enemy, i am a great advantage for team. Combination of Invisibility allow me to stay alive and Decoy help team to deal with great number of enemies, especially on Defense.

Althought, with my play style and all advantages, Rhino is overall leader of melee combat, because he is almost invincible and good at switching between long and close range.

It's just matter of personal taste - all frames good at something. People blame Ember for being "Worst warframe" but today, she is best of kind to play Infestation defense and farm skill mods.

Edited by Norouh

Frost might be an option for you. High shields health and armor makes him good for runing and gunning. Only two useful abilities. One draws a ring around you and people can't shoot into it. The other is a delayed aoe with good damage.

If you want something with some melee skills too rhino might be an option. Same defensive stats as frost but more a focus on close range abilites. He has a charge , Ironskin ( full immunity for x seconds ) , one weak aoe and a large radius knockback aoe.

The reason why i mention these two is the initate defense.

Since now I played only Volt and Excalibur.

Volt is a long-range warframe, very effective against Corpus and Grineer. His power Speed is very useful to run away from spiky situations, and eletric shield is useful to effectively manage them. He has a combination between offensive and defensive abilities, but I don't suggest playing as him against Infested unless you just want to run away or kill only non-ancient mobs

Wow, thanks for all the quick responses! I guess I understand why the Rhino suit is XP locked, lol. I also have a quick question about the qualifier for levelling up. I have enough exp to level up to 2, but I need to do some qualifier thing. I failed it yesterday because I didn't kill everything quick enough.

Are these qualifiers randomized, or set per level? My test yesterday was to kill everyone with sidearm, and I lost on the last enemy because I was $&*^ing around, haha.

Wow, thanks for all the quick responses! I guess I understand why the Rhino suit is XP locked, lol. I also have a quick question about the qualifier for levelling up. I have enough exp to level up to 2, but I need to do some qualifier thing. I failed it yesterday because I didn't kill everything quick enough.

Are these qualifiers randomized, or set per level? My test yesterday was to kill everyone with sidearm, and I lost on the last enemy because I was $&*^ing around, haha.

I had the pistol test too. Others however seem to think it might be random.