The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Stances And Stances Missing From Drop Table

jrkong

Anyone else think that having most of the stances as rare drops just sucks? Also anyone else notice that some stances aren't in the drop tables? Gleaming Talon for example doesn't show the ??? or a drop mob. It's a bit ironic since they were hyping the Glaive so much and even gave the Glaive away as a 24 hour alert.

It's a bit silly, yeah.  This was by far the most hyped thing about the update, and yet 90% of the player base is going to have to grind for hours to even experience it.  I was fine with stances being mods, but I thought they'd be common or uncommon at worst.  Having the majority of them at rare is....Rough, to say the least.

I dont mind them being rare.  IT allows us to play the game thoroughly without having EVERYTHING handed to us on a silver platter. 

Edit:  Platinum Platter 

The issue though is that Stances are a big part of Melee 2.0, so having many of them being Rare means it may take a potentially long time to even get Stance mods for a specific weapon.

The issue though is that Stances are a big part of Melee 2.0, so having many of them being Rare means it may take a potentially long time to even get Stance mods for a specific weapon.

This.  We aren't talking about some specific weapon or frame here.  What we've got here is most of a major game mechanic being locked behind an RNG wall.

Being stuck with a horribly gimped melee system because RNG hates you is not in any way fun or beneficial to the game.

Yeah I was expecting this bs after watching the livestream. Fighting system should be just innate functionality of the weapon instead of equipping a mod. It's like saying I can't use my gun til I equip the "pull trigger" mod. Seriously, just going to ignore the game still and wait for the mods become common for purchase so I don't waste my time, can continue playing some non farm grind games.

Generally a missing drop list for a mod means you can only get it two ways:

-Transmutation

-Void containers

SO good luck getting the rare stance mods without paying through the nose for them.

I mean, I have yet to find a Shotgun Spazz mod and that's just uncommon. It'll suck trying to find the stance mods.

It's a bit silly, yeah.  This was by far the most hyped thing about the update, and yet 90% of the player base is going to have to grind for hours to even experience it.  I was fine with stances being mods, but I thought they'd be common or uncommon at worst.  Having the majority of them at rare is....Rough, to say the least.

Anyone else think that having most of the stances as rare drops just sucks? Also anyone else notice that some stances aren't in the drop tables? Gleaming Talon for example doesn't show the ??? or a drop mob. It's a bit ironic since they were hyping the Glaive so much and even gave the Glaive away as a 24 hour alert.

I know it was hyped and all, but I understand Gleaming Talon as a Rare. Bear with me. 

1. Glaive and Kestrel are able to be thrown. This alone separates them from the rest of the melee, making them far better, because you can kite from a distance. So even without the stance, you are still able to be at an advantage.

2. As for the other mods, if we didn't have something to search for, we would see all the threads popping up already "This update sucks, no real new ideas, why doesn't DE just give away the stuff!" and similar titles. 

I for one welcome the chance to actually go searching for something. Even if it is RNG.