Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Letter To De : Why Do You Lock Your Amazing Work Behind Rng?

Deidaku

Hi DE and community!

The update is amazing , the tilesets are gorgeous , melee is super viable now, dual heat swords are dual heat swords , the UI team has done a fantastic Job with the clan interface. and in a day or 2 the Dark sector conflicts begin. 

But once again you seem to forget one thing  = RNG hates us 

Stance mods 

i've been grinding for 2h30 and nothing not even one 

I've been grinding for about 5-6 hours in total = i dropped 1 stance. 1. unaceptable. it was for the Bo staff and it doesn't even get in its stance slot.

I've been asking my clan and a lot of player in game ,not one has found a stance mod.

1 guy in my clan has found 1 dual sword stance after doing a  40 min survival on ceres EDIT: i just asked him again no new drops from him. our entire clan has dropped in total adter nonstop farming about 4 stances.....4

Like Steve said I think there should be a 1 stance given with each weapon , a mandatory one , because right now it's as if all the content is hidden from us.

We could grind for the rare ones but the "uncommun ones " should be given.

+imagine the players who bought the katana with plat and can't do anything with it!!!!

And even if I get get one god knows if it will be the one for my melee type :/

This is terrible : you worked so hard to bring us amazing stuff and lock it being a thick wall of RNG 

Same for Vay Hek. it' even worse. how many prosecutors do you have to kill ( even if you're lucky to have 3 nekros on your team )  to get to him once?? 

And on top of that

>why do we keep dropping hydroid abilities everywhere even on earth and mercury? i got like 10 of them. 

>i've been dropping a lot of redirection and vitality mods even on ceres ( not sure if i'm the only one )

We're used to grinding DE but this is getting out of hand .

I've never been to concerned By RnG myself but now it's litterally blocking A whole layer of gameplay 

I hope you read  and respond to this .

Cheers 

EDIT1 :

AS a solution why not make stances clantech...After all you should learn your marital art skill in a dojo right?

Edited by Deidaku

DE want grind in their game, so people would be aimed towards buying content.

Since so many people buy stuff nowadays, so it is only natural that DE makes the grind worse so more people want to purchase content through the market. Its all business. We are just numbers to them.

If they cared about us, their player-base, they would have stopped behaving like this.

Their RNG and grind bar is raised every update and there is no sign that this trend will stop.

Edited by se05239

DE want grind in their game, so people would be aimed towards buying content.

Since so many people buy stuff nowadays, so it is only natural that DE makes the grind worse so more people want to purchase content through the market. Its all business. We are just numbers to them.

If they cared about us, their player-base, they would have stopped behaving like this.

Their RNG and grind bar is raised every update and there is no sign that this trend will stop.

Last update was different : you were always guaranted to progress towards your goal with the oxmium farming.

But with the stance mods it's different.

it's the thing they've been working on for months and teasing us so much about . It's not just a single item or frame  it's a whole layer of gameplay 

I don't even know why I'm bothering to play with this massive RNG wall between me and the new stuff.

I guess I'm just uselessly killing time before I have to go to a sports meet.

This is not fun. The absence of fun is the start of failure.

Yeah once again ((( tripple sad face 

Im still hoping those stance mods are not too rare, at least half of them

Btw I still haven't seen Harvester since Jan and never got a chance to play escape mission - RNG killed all the work developers did on that and all the new experience players could have.

Reward behind RNG I get it, but hiding new gameplay behind RNG ... 

Edited by Monolake

I don't even know why I'm bothering to play with this massive RNG wall between me and the new stuff.

And that's why there are all these grind walls. Skinner Box works. We don't want them but we still come back and grind like the happy addicts that we are. That's the truth. Let's face it. The grind won't be lowered. It's just that kind of a game. We will *@##$ and moan for a week. Maybe two. Then just say "forget it" and we will go back to grinding. And nothing will change. It's pointless. 

And that's why there are all these grind walls. Skinner Box works. We don't want them but we still come back and grind like the happy addicts that we are. That's the truth. Let's face it. The grind won't be lowered. It's just that kind of a game. We will $#*(@ and moan for a week. Maybe two. Then just say "forget it" and we will go back to grinding. And nothing will change. It's pointless. 

Yes it will change if we criticize it. That's our role as beta testers. DE isn't deaf they listen .

Don't be a fatalist my friend. we are beta testers we have the right to voice /write our issues and concers with the game. this is a major one and it can't be ignored or it willl get worse.

Yes it will change if we criticize it. That's our role as beta testers. DE isn't deaf they listen .

Don't be a fatalist my friend. we are beta testers we have the right to voice /write our issues and concers with the game. this is a major one and it can't be ignored or it willl get worse.

Well we need to shout louder at them then.

Because this just keeps on happening and happening again and bloody again.

Yeah once again ((( tripple sad face 

Im still hoping those stance mods are not too rare, at least half of them

Btw I still haven't seen Harvester since Jan and never got a chance to play escape mission - RNG killed all the work developers did on that and all the new experience players could have.

Reward behind RNG I get it, but hiding new gameplay behind RNG ... 

They need to stop . it might ruin the whole thing in the long run

DE seems fantatical in their belief that grinding until you bleed and kill something in the real world is the only way .... and it might sound like I am ripping on them .... but sadly its the truth when you look closely at it .... Everything = grind till you drop or f off .... it alienates new players .... and it frustrates veterans .... why do they keep doing it?

I agree with the OP, but I also see the possibilities with the new end game area. A lot of item drops can be moved there to decrease the RNG.

This is a huge update, there is bound to be a lot of problems and balance issues in the beginning. Since, from my point of view, DE seems to prioritize pushing content into the game before balancing it/checking it. And I think the whole purpose with beta testers is to let the testers find all the issues and problems for them.

I play Warframe as a normal game and not as a beta game. So of course it would be nicer for me if there were less problems/issues on release of new content.

I have not checked out the new content yet so I cannot really complain or praise it right now.

I don't really care the mods being somewhat hard to get.

If they would drop left right and centre they'd lose their significance and some scammers will sell them to new players way overpriced compared to their actual drop chance as long as they haven't pierced the main population.

With the boss and the new missions however I fully agree!

I know DE wants to keep us from getting the new frame for a little bit to drive sales - I get that - but I don't really give a damn abotu the frame.

I want new content because lord knows I am sick of the same old Corpus Cruiser tileset.

(Sidebar: Where the hell did all these new enemies come from? the codex almost quadrupled over night)

I am still grinding to get items from U11 with no luck.

I am starting to really dread the release of U13. I hope it takes a couple of months before DE it is dumped on the poor unsuspecting PS4 players. Maybe then I will have time to get that stupid Ember Prime Helmet and the Rhino Prime Chassis

I don't really care the mods being somewhat hard to get.

If they would drop left right and centre they'd lose their significance and some scammers will sell them to new players way overpriced compared to their actual drop chance as long as they haven't pierced the main population.

With the boss and the new missions however I fully agree!

I know DE wants to keep us from getting the new frame for a little bit to drive sales - I get that - but I don't really give a damn abotu the frame.

I want new content because lord knows I am sick of the same old Corpus Cruiser tileset.

(Sidebar: Where the hell did all these new enemies come from? the codex almost quadrupled over night)

The thing is with the stances = if it were onyl the rare one that would be RNG i wouldn't be mad. i'm mad because ALL stances are locked behind RNG , meaning there's a chance you'll never get them all even if you're a hardcore completionist

I agree with the OP, but I also see the possibilities with the new end game area. A lot of item drops can be moved there to decrease the RNG.

This is a huge update, there is bound to be a lot of problems and balance issues in the beginning. Since, from my point of view, DE seems to prioritize pushing content into the game before balancing it/checking it. And I think the whole purpose with beta testers is to let the testers find all the issues and problems for them.

I play Warframe as a normal game and not as a beta game. So of course it would be nicer for me if there were less problems/issues on release of new content.

I have not checked out the new content yet so I cannot really complain or praise it right now.

Oh sh/t it makes so much sense

Ever since the update i've been dropping basic stuff like ammo drum slash dash , magazine slip  everywhere . Not one interesting drop 

which means that all of the good stuff must have been moved to the dark sectors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D: