Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Letter To De : Why Do You Lock Your Amazing Work Behind Rng?

Deidaku

I don't even know why I'm bothering to play with this massive RNG wall between me and the new stuff.

I guess I'm just uselessly killing time before I have to go to a sports meet.

This is not fun. The absence of fun is the start of failure.

This is how i feel after the short bit of play with the new update -well sans the killing time part.

Edited by Veld.

DE needs to adress this in primetime or people are gonna be mad

You mean they need to address this in a patch because people already are mad.

It's a shame.  They put together a cool patch with a lot of nifty stuff... and then ruin it with idiotic crap like this.  Did nobody involved at DE have the sense to say, "Hey, guys, this isn't fun."?  And if someone did, why didn't the producer have the sense to listen?

The logic behind putting FUN stances and FUN boss behind ridiculous RNG and grind wall is beyond my comprehension.

I don't care about melee anymore, and won't grind for stances or Vay Hek. The update is a massive fail ATM.

Now I'm waiting for Dark Sectors politics to see if there is at least one good thing in this.

Very disappointed, but we're getting used to it.

Edited by Hyunsai

I will only to like to address about the prosecutors. I don mind actually hunting them slowly to gain the orbs to fight vey hak. But seriously? only certain elements deal dmg to them? Most of us will actually equip viral and radiation when we go for grineer missions. When a Ice prosector comes by, who the hell is able to kill them? I will suggest that you could actually make them hard to kill when they are not being attacked by the element that they are vulnarable to.

On another note, I kinda do feel bad for the developers. Im sure they had to work hard to bring this Update out but from what ive seen until now its mediocre. Like getting a Christmas present you dont really need even though the person giving it had good intentions.

Don't feel bad for people who charge money for an experimental product. This is a clinical trial without standards; they have it easier than any other industry.

Edited by Zookes

One day, the Playerbase received a grim reminder of why they live behind their wall of RNG...

-Attack on Subscription-

JAAAAAAEEEEEEEGEER

Sorry I couldn't help it  XD

But yeah we need a colossal breakthrough right now X)

I will only to like to address about the prosecutors. I don mind actually hunting them slowly to gain the orbs to fight vey hak. But seriously? only certain elements deal dmg to them? Most of us will actually equip viral and radiation when we go for grineer missions. When a Ice prosector comes by, who the hell is able to kill them? I will suggest that you could actually make them hard to kill when they are not being attacked by the element that they are vulnarable to.

I expect it is inevitable that newer players will complain about this as well, once the more veteran players have ground out there things.  Rifle's electric mod isn't exactly the most common.  And poison mods in general are overly rare, with the exception of the rifle (if you run voids)... and you'd better be praying to some deity hardcore if you like shotguns as your primary.

I expect it is inevitable that newer players will complain about this as well, once the more veteran players have ground out there things.  Rifle's electric mod isn't exactly the most common.  And poison mods in general are overly rare, with the exception of the rifle (if you run voids)... and you'd better be praying to some deity hardcore if you like shotguns as your primary.

i means it practically stupid if we combine elements and we are unable to deal any damage. Somehow it forces the whole team, each to take a certain element to go for survival / defense missions. Doesnt it actually defeats the purpose that elements can be combined?

i means it practically stupid if we combine elements and we are unable to deal any damage. Somehow it forces the whole team, each to take a certain element to go for survival / defense missions. Doesnt it actually defeats the purpose that elements can be combined?

Well, you don't necessarily need the entire team.  You do have 3 weapons + the sentinel's.  But yeah, it is yet another thing that will force a specific mod setup on you.  And it really hurts the newer players, who might lack certain elements (poison in particular) or who don't have their weapons all catalysted to make it possible to fit in three elements easily (while still keeping other key damage mods).

I have nothing to add to this discussion +1 OP and everyone.

Totally agree. If the stances and Hek grind weren't enough, here's this rare resource that DISAPPEARS over time. Seriously?

The bugs may be fixed, but this kind of design decisions are completely disappointing. This is the dark half of the updates we aren't told about in hightlights and devstreams... And that half seems to be powerful enough to spoil all the good things implemented.

Why not controlled RNG? Like a system in place that checks what the enemy drops then before the drop occurs it goes through your mod inventory and checks if you have all mods dropped by this specific enemy. If you don't have that one mod from that specific enemy then it drops it for you. But once you have all mods from that specific enemy then the next time it drops a mod, it'll drop any mod but it always makes sure you have at least one copy of every mod that enemy drops. Then for bosses have them less likely to drop a mod but when they do, (again the system checks your mod inventory) BAM you have a new mod you didn't have before. Granted it's not perfect but it's something I guess.

Why not controlled RNG? Like a system in place that checks what the enemy drops then before the drop occurs it goes through your mod inventory and checks if you have all mods dropped by this specific enemy. If you don't have that one mod from that specific enemy then it drops it for you. But once you have all mods from that specific enemy then the next time it drops a mod, it'll drop any mod but it always makes sure you have at least one copy of every mod that enemy drops. Then for bosses have them less likely to drop a mod but when they do, (again the system checks your mod inventory) BAM you have a new mod you didn't have before. Granted it's not perfect but it's something I guess.

No i may want duplicates of a super rare mod to sell it :p

In the name of profit XD

That breaks the rarity system though.  It means that you will get the drop from a boss with 3 things on his loot table within 3 drops.  So at the very least, you'd have to randomly determine rarity, then decide what to hand out.  But what you hand out would also be an issue, as you and I could both be there, and you might need one drop and I the other.  It is also rather exploitable.  With a system like that, I could hit Anyo for his rare stance, sell it, and hit him again, since I have everything else he drops.  Someone with an alt account or a trusted other player could hand off their mod to that player, then farm...

Plus there's one other issue: rarity is ultimately decided by DE's designers.  If they want something more common, they'd make it more common.  All they have to do is increase how often rares drop, add it to the drop table of a more common mob, put it on Survival/Defense loot tables, and so on.  This means that how rare things are currently is as rare as they want them to be.  And therefore, if they were to make it easier for us to avoid getting duplicates, it would probably come at the cost of a lower chance of getting the rare at all.

It might also be a bit of a hit in other areas.  It is another check that needs to be made when loot drops.  Possibly one that requires communication between host and client(s).

Overall, the far simpler solution would be to increase how frequently rares drop from bosses, possibly from non-bosses as well, and to make sure that mods have a decent representation of drops based on what players actually kill.

Edited by Axterix13

I say make the mods clantech. Clans are being focused on right now, so it would be a good time to  do so.

+learning skills in a DOJO......why aren't we doing this????We're NINJAS

Edited by Deidaku

OP, I totally agree. You'd have my sword but I cant be bothered grinding a stance for it ( Badum-tish)

The problem is, DE could increase the grind tenfold, and still they'd have people saying they were the greatest developers in all creation.

While that prevails, while people throw money at them for an unfinished product and ever escalating grind, they have no incentive to change.

That breaks the rarity system though.  It means that you will get the drop from a boss with 3 things on his loot table within 3 drops.  So at the very least, you'd have to randomly determine rarity, then decide what to hand out.  But what you hand out would also be an issue, as you and I could both be there, and you might need one drop and I the other.  It is also rather exploitable.  With a system like that, I could hit Anyo for his rare stance, sell it, and hit him again, since I have everything else he drops.  Someone with an alt account or a trusted other player could hand off their mod to that player, then farm...

I agree. It's an idea that I feel it could work if there were some limitations to stop exploitation. Maybe certain levels have this system in place and you have to use a key like in the void but the keys are harder to obtain, take resources and time to build. Then you use the key, go to the level, and there would be a vault similar to derelict vaults and you and your team would be awarded normal mods(non-corrupt and non-nightmare) you don't have with varying rarity.

Going to play the devils advocate here and say that RNG is a CORE necessity for playability of the game. Any game that calls itself an MMO or ties into the concept of new content, HAS to have RNG in order to stay interesting.

You simply can not as a company, work on this giant plethora of content, and just hand it over to players "Here you go, have fun for 2 hours. then come back and say how short it was and how bad we are etc.." You need to be limited, as hurting as that may sound.

You can say 'less' RNG, but even still, that just means you want the 'easy' way out. Why play a game that gives you everything you want with minimal effort?

Isn't the purpose of an MMO to be a game that you put time and effort in to gain great things?

You haven't even given it a weeks time and you're tripping balls here.

All i could say is calm yourself. Because you're sounding like a spoiled brat, As much as i want to refrain from insulting people, try not to take that personally, just making an analogy to your mindset.

Well, you don't necessarily need the entire team.  You do have 3 weapons + the sentinel's.  But yeah, it is yet another thing that will force a specific mod setup on you.  And it really hurts the newer players, who might lack certain elements (poison in particular) or who don't have their weapons all catalysted to make it possible to fit in three elements easily (while still keeping other key damage mods).

i wont see that much of a issue actually, for them to actually make it to ceres, i don think they will be a new player anymore lols

Ive held of playing warfarm for ages now cause Im sick of the constant farming(yea been here since the start),but Ive been really excited for melle 2.0.

I was for the first time today really excited to load up warframe and get into some cool ninja action again,went into my weapons upgrade and see no new mods,checked the wiki and asked in chat how ya use melee 2.0,found out and then exited warframe....probaly wont open it ever again :(

Still sitting on 1650 plat as well,but theres still nothing worth buying.

You keep putting these walls up in front of us for no reason(or is it money) anyway game will just collect dust now unless I sell it but I probaley cant do that eaither cause DE cant profit from it :( Shame I have most frames,all the weapons ya need,excal prime a ton of mods all just sitting there :(

Its a shame I really like DE and their way of doing things,they always communicate,apolgize when they screw up and are always here for the community but this is getting silly now.

this needs to get to DE. they PERSONALLY said that there will be a stance given out along each weapon of a different type. i remember the hype i got because of this update, as well as the sensation i had when i didn't see any stance in my inventory. the sensation that some bug hit my face. AAAAND the frustration i had when i found out i had to go for days of grinding in order to enjoy the update. pretty damn PISSED OFF.

They could have called it RNG 2.0...I might not have been disappointed as much. The hype and all the damned giggling about it being so "cool" now pisses me off. "HAHAHHAHAHA  (plays music) Tennoooooo, Tennooooo,Tennnno. You think you have melee 2.0 stances and have fun? You have only begun to RNG! I will throw your belov-ed FUN into the SUN!