Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Sure How To Use My Mic

Witchydragon

Question

I was playing WarFrame today, and while looking through options, I find a mic setting. It has no push-to-talk key, so I wondered how this worked. I tried testing the mic, nothing happened. Going into combat I tried to use my mic to communicate, but I don't think anyone could hear me. I see that there is no Key Assign menu, so if there is a push-to-talk key, please let me know. If I am doing something wrong let me know. I am using Steam, and have Push-to-talk key set to v (I have not tried using this yet).

2 answers to this question

you have to hold down the push-to-talk button to actual speak on mic, like a walkie-talkie if that makes sense. make sure your mic volume is actually up or on in your desktop audio. sometimes it stops working for some reason though anyway so not sure how reliable it is, and if other people don't have their Mic recieve volume up, they won't hear you anyway. as of yet i'm not sure what the mic cuttoff option does for certain. you can check the 'test mic' box in the audio options then hold your push-to-talk button and say something. if you hear your voice echoed then it is working.

There is a push-to-talk key.

It's C and you can change it in one of the settings as well as test out your mic in one the settings.

I'm not on warframe right now so i can't say where it is but i think it was in the sound audio menu.

However, i don't recommend using it because it's a really crap voice chat.