Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Do Stances/combos Actually Work?

Wallace24

Question

I've been fortunate enough to find a couple stance mods in the wild, and actually have some weapons to equip them on. but I really don't see any difference between builds with the stance mod on vs. without it on. it's possible I'm doing something wrong, but based on the combos, even simple ones like E E E E, or air attack E should be different with the stance mod on

I've been trying to test this with various weapons, and I even looked at it when it's equipped in the proper slot (had it there from before the hotfix. gives me an error message every time I open the loadout, but still)

so it seems that at this point, the only thing we benefit from with the stance mods is the extra capacity, but at present you must equip the stance in one of the 8 normal mod slots, so it takes up a spot anyway

do I have to hold down the channeling button in order to execute one of the combo moves? so just wondering if anyone has seen a difference in melee with vs. without stances equipped

6 answers to this question

so it seems that at this point, the only thing we benefit from with the stance mods is the extra capacity, but at present you must equip the stance in one of the 8 normal mod slots, so it takes up a spot anyway

Unless I'm being derpy and I missed part of your post, isn't the stance mod taking the "stance slot" and not one of the 8 base slots?

Also, the stance mods allow for extended combos with pauses and holds (check the combo menu). I don't think it changes the regular E spam attacks (DE can make it so, for more variety, but yeah).

From what ive seen and done myself is that the stance card needs to be in the actual mod slots and not the aura one or atleast thats how its been for me.

if u want to do the combos you need to have the melee in your hand you do that by holding F then u can do combos and the combos work as for example E E HOLD E E you need to first do 2 Es then a 3th E and hold it untill it does its speical combo animation then release and do the 2 other Es

Unless I'm being derpy and I missed part of your post, isn't the stance mod taking the "stance slot" and not one of the 8 base slots?

Also, the stance mods allow for extended combos with pauses and holds (check the combo menu). I don't think it changes the regular E spam attacks (DE can make it so, for more variety, but yeah).

at present the stance mods are broken, and can't be placed in the stance slot. that makes sense with the normal attack, guess I just wasn't executing the combos correctly

have to get the timing down with the pauses, but I now see that some of the combos do work, the ones with holds in them aren't too bad to do

but I guess the issue was I was expecting that each combo they named would be different from the normal melee attacks. guess DE just wanted to give them different names. and I was trying to do an E, E, E, down+E, E sort of combo, and it just wasn't working out

so the stances really have only one or two unique combos, but DE renamed all the standard attacks to sound cooler, I suppose? the air/jump, slide, and finishers, and normal E E E E spam. I think I found one reason U13 took so long..

My stance mods are not even appearing on the compatible mod list :(

well, each stance can only be used on certain types of weapons

and just to go back to some of the other stuff I was talking about before, it turns out I was just impatient with learning the combos. I've got 3 usable stance mods (and one for staves, a weapon type I don't have atm), and I executed all the combos for them. the one I mentioned specifically before, the E E E down+E one is somewhat incorrect, I find that I'll execute the combo if I start holding down 'down' after the second hit. this is the Falling Rock combo on the Shattering Storm hammer stance, and it's pretty cool with the jat kittag. and apparently both my hammers (jat kittag and fragor) are meant to fit more with the Crushing Ruin stance, as their stance slots are V, while shattering storm is D, if I recall

E E E down+E one is somewhat incorrect, I find that I'll execute the combo if I start holding down 'down' after the second hit

I found this to be the case with Crimson Dervish as well as any of the combos that need you to hold down a button or add in a directional. It's like learning the moves in a really finicky side-view fighter like Mortal Kombat 2 (even that might have been easier, it's been a LONG time)

The truth is though, and maybe this is because my melee weapons are rank 30 and using various potent mods, but most things simply die before I can finish the combo.

The thing I'm missing now is the arcing, sweeping strikes of the galatine. I just tried out Rending Crane, I was a little disappointed at how slow it is and how the attacks really only target one mob. Maybe Rending Crane/Galatine is a bad combo, but I suspect other players are missing the sweeping destruction of Galatine and possible Orthos.

The best ones so far (that I've tried) are:

Swirling Tiger + Dual Ichors (it's like a garbage disposal going through swaths of infested, when the combo triggers your frame zooms forward and rips everything to bits)

Crimson Dervish + Dakra Prime (this one is pretty damn good, and it gives me that sweep-through-multiple-mobs satisfaction provided by melee 1.0 Orthos/Galatine that seems to be missing on those weapons now)

Burning Wasp + Scoliac (this one is OK, need to play with it more, but I feel like a whip should be able to knock mobs down, so you can move in for a finisher)