Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities Idea.

DolgVlaPet

Tl/Dr: New abilities idea, set of alternative abilities for each warframe, picked up as mods.

Picked up plenty of abilities mods for different warframes and so far as I can see it, those are useless. Why? Because your warframe already got set of 4 and why would you need abilities you can not use? The idea to be able to use different abilities from each suit in one would be disastrous and I don't think this is going to happen (I hope so, at least), but... Each frame got 4 slots for abilities, 4 abilities. Why don't make em' a bit different? For instances, alternative abilities you could use instead of standart ones, found as mods as well.

Ash warframe, for example, got shuriken, smoke screen, teleport and as uber - blade storm. What if as alternative, there is a random chance to find a rare ability mods with a bit different properties. Shuriken could be changed for kunai, similar, but not the same, this one is slower and not able to penetrate 2-3 enemies at once, but deals higher damage and it's more accurate. Smoke screen could be tweaked a bit, actually. For now it renders you invisible for short time, after stunning enemies. I read on forum some guy's idea to change it a bit. You are invisible as far as you stay inside the smoke, which could be usefull thing to do to kill some guys who are nearby and restore your shields. As an alternative, I offer a flashbang. Same as smoke, stuns everyone around you for even shorter time, BUT... You are invisible for way longer time. Only thing is, once you attack, invisibility is off, but as a bonus, when you attack, it's a 100% critical hit. One attack and you are visible again. This could be usefull to escape or to handle tough guys. As an alternative to teleport, I offer a "Jump" ability, you just jump to the chosen enemy head, dealing in-air melee damage. Because teleport is usefull in some occacions when you want to take a short cut, but as a offensive/support ability, it's completelly useless. Blade Storm is pretty cool, but it's not an area-damage uber, you just pick some random guys who are closeby to you and kill 1-10 of them with 1 hit each and that's pretty much all... So, as an alternative, an area-damage uber would be nice, something like "Steel Rain". Ash stands still, takes 5 seconds to concentrate and launch a barrage of kunais all around him, hitting random targets.

[size=4]Post your ideas... What do you think about alternative abilities? Different abilities for other frames? Is it a good idea to make those are a rare-hard-to-find mods? Comment...[/size]

Edited by DolgVlaPet

Different power requirements as well, considering some of abilities are more powerfull, but I belive it's a fair thing to do, considering those could be only bought on market or found in random mod drop.

Kunai - 35.

Flashbang - 50.

Jump - 25 (As it depends on your melee base damage, upgreatable with each lvl should be the reach only).

Uber "Steel Rain" - 100. Maybe, 125, considering it's a 360 attack.

And about black on grey... I have no idea how that happened. Edited it a bit.

Edited by DolgVlaPet

I think it's planned to have more abilities for each warframe.

I rather craft the skills than find them randomly. Slash Dash + materials + other cards = new ability

Stealth already gives 100% crit chance. Teleport for 25 energy, I think that's pretty useful.