Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Morphing / Evolving / Tier Warframes?

Xenogear

Has this ever been an idea? Perhaps once you get to level 30 in a Warframe you can "Evolve, Morph, Tier" it into a better/cooler looking Warframe with better base stats and level that up to 30 again!

Anyone see this idea for the future maby?

Edited by Xenogear

I like this idea a lot. I'd love to see my rhino warframe grow into this scary looking armoured space ninja (yes I know that statement was oxymoronic). As much as I like the idea I am unsure how this will fit into the lore. Are tenno warframes/tech some sort of biomechanical organism that grows? Is it some sort of A.I.?

Ya it would be interesting to see how they would fit it in if it were to ever happen.. which honestly I think would an amazingly awesome addition that could add 100's more hours to the game.. Evolving them would just be so rewarding!

Adding more strength to already powerful warframes, me gusta. It would also be interesting if you can switch between your basic and evolved frames also, so you can adjust to missions' objectives.

It might not happen but who knows.

Adding more strength to already powerful warframes, me gusta. It would also be interesting if you can switch between your basic and evolved frames also, so you can adjust to missions' objectives.

It might not happen but who knows.

Evolving warframe tree -> can revert but all evolution choices are final? If there was a time for the white room to test on dummies with the new/upgraded powers I think this would be the time.

I dig both of these ideas lol :)

For now, ladies and gentlemen, this is a far reaching goal. Let's be honest here, this would require a lot of work. As much as we would like this to come true there are far more pressing things to address like mission types, environments, new frames, new enemies, and the oh-so-fun bugs to iron out.

But let's not forget his grand idea.

For now, ladies and gentlemen, this is a far reaching goal. Let's be honest here, this would require a lot of work. As much as we would like this to come true there are far more pressing things to address like mission types, environments, new frames, new enemies, and the oh-so-fun bugs to iron out.

But let's not forget his grand idea.

I'm happy you think its a grand idea! We should definitely keep this in mind for the future for sure after the game is more polished :D

If anyone else has any other ideas to add to this please share

No harm in giving the dev. an idea for the future. Yes, it would be intentsive but could be an endgame goal. As long as they don't do it with super grinds a la FFXI before and during early WoW / Cabal with their "evolution" idea either with weaps / BMs. Why not help them out?

Edited by shoudra

This would be awesome and a unique touch to the game. It would set it apart from all the other MMO's out there if the "evolving" has been done right. Not only would it be "cool" it would provide more content and anticipation for many players out there. You could even link some platinum stuff in there so you have another excuse to ask money from us. Like, pay 100 platinum for an "Evolve Catalyst" or craft one with rare blueprints.

I'd Like It To Be So You Can Chose A Specialty. I.E. A Banshee Could Be A "Support", I.E Sonar, And Silence Are 25% More Effective And Cheeper In Energy. Or "Offensive", Sonic Boom And Sound Quake Are 25% More Effective And Cheeper In Enegry. And The Appearance Looks More Badass.

I'd Like It To Be So You Can Chose A Specialty. I.E. A Banshee Could Be A "Support", I.E Sonar, And Silence Are 25% More Effective And Cheeper In Energy. Or "Offensive", Sonic Boom And Sound Quake Are 25% More Effective And Cheeper In Enegry. And The Appearance Looks More Badass.

Nice idea!! maby you could have more of one type of warframe.. or maby you could switch between them once you lvl it to 30? idk keep the ideas coming! thats a nice one.

Naw. Evolved form = add a passive upgrade of some sort that pertains to the specific warframe and not it's powers. And not some lame passive health/power/shield increase kinda thing. Make it like the helmets but make em more interesting and without a drawback. Like give frost a passive snow globe that slows down enemy melee speed in a small radius around him. Ember a cumulative aoe dps. Stuff like that.

With the new mod system, I say this would actually be pretty kick &#!! maybe they would even do up prime with a better skin... I know that making models isn't cheap, but reskinning current warframes might keep past/future players in there longer! i dont think weapons need a "reskin" or evolved form tho, that would not only take ages to develope, but would take away from precious fix's needed, Like the ingame contacts list, half the time my friends show up offline, and we cant even play together, thats my top priority right now, farming with friends. But this idea definately has potential. I'de bring it up in the founders area!! get this stuff VOTED IN!! (again guys, remember making new skins isn't as easy as you think, so maybe stick to just warframes bodies evolving, I'de so !@#%ing love that.

• 2 weeks later...

In the last feed dev Steve talked about something like this how feet you got to lvl 30 you could decide to reset and change a polarity and then redo the process. I like the Idea and can work maybe for other things too:) we will see

In the last feed dev Steve talked about something like this how feet you got to lvl 30 you could decide to reset and change a polarity and then redo the process. I like the Idea and can work maybe for other things too:) we will see

Ya he did didnt he!! :) I remember, I wonder if it would entail any graphical effects

Has this ever been an idea? Perhaps once you get to level 30 in a Warframe you can "Evolve, Morph, Tier" it into a better/cooler looking Warframe with better base stats and level that up to 30 again!

Anyone see this idea for the future maby?

That would just be awesome. I mean not all want to farm bosses for new warframe BPs and after this evolving system people could just play with their current warframes and see them evolve instead of just having to farm for new one to make game intresting to play again. 10/10 idea.

Games like Shadow Hearts 2 (for the PS2) showed several stages of power for each choice (three stages each), and a similar idea would work very well in Warframe - each stage could add some stat boosts and minor ability changes (also requiring new ability mods).  Props to the OP.