Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Unreal 4 Engine Demonstration Looks A Lot Like Tenno Action! :)

DARKKi

Could you be more specific about that?

It's just a trailer with no actual gameplay demonstration. That is what I hate about most developers, though.

Show a pretty trailer, looks sick and all. Gameplay-wise, I'm betting against those odds.

It's just a trailer with no actual gameplay demonstration. That is what I hate about most developers, though.

Show a pretty trailer, looks sick and all. Gameplay-wise, I'm betting against those odds.

Yes, this is not even an real game its an demonstration for graphics engine and what kind of effects it can do and what kind of games can you build around it. They just made it look as good as you can get and with ultimate hardware. Many games use Unreal Engine 3 these days, so next step will be Unreal Engine 4 and when they can get familiar with the system and when we do get those games (some developers are usually given dev kits alot before the real launch) propably first ones in ½-1years or maybe sooner or i am little optimistic:)

It's not actually a game, it's engine demonstration. Don't be so ignorant :)

It's not actually a game, it's engine demonstration. Don't be so ignorant :)

It's still manipulated. They should the engine for what it's capable of, not for what is is.

I don't want video, I want gameplay. I want to see how good it is not how good it can be.

There is one game that runs (or will run) on U4 - Daylight. TB made short presentation of it, and while graphics are in very early alpha, lightning effects looks really amazing.

Yes, I saw. Subscribed to TotalBiscuit.

He's a real piece, let me tell you.

But anyhow, the game looks amazing and it showed how much the new engine is capable of.

I'm really having high expectations.

It's still manipulated. They should the engine for what it's capable of, not for what is is.

I don't want video, I want gameplay. I want to see how good it is not how good it can be.

Its not manipulated, it runs in real time and not pre-rendered. But i think soon games with UE4 will release trailers and then you see how they are in action/gameplay. Ofcourse first games dont usually utilize the engine to the fullest and our graphic cards too must get better too and that takes little time because they did not run this on some common rig.

I saw the TB video yesterday, the new lighting engine of UE4 is really amazing, I've never seen something this good in real-time. And guys, this is stupid asking for gameplay in a tech demo, the goal isn't to show what is already doable, just what we could possibly get with good devs that have awesome artists on ultra high-end machines. Nvidia isn't a game developer, they make technology so that devs can use it and bring us gameplay. If you want gameplay, wait for a game dev to do a tech demon on UE4.

PS : you can remove "next gen consoles" in your message. Consoles won't have graphics this good before the generation following the "PS720". PS4 is already outdated compared to a PC running a SLI GTX Titan :)

Edited by ap0k41yp5

I saw the TB video yesterday, the new lighting engine of UE4 is really amazing, I've never seen something this good in real-time. And guys, this is stupid asking for gameplay in a tech demo, the goal isn't to show what is already doable, just what we could possibly get with good devs that have awesome artists on ultra high-end machines. Nvidia isn't a game developer, they make technology so that devs can use it and bring us gameplay. If you want gameplay, wait for a game dev to do a tech demon on UE4.

PS : you can remove "next gen consoles" in your message. Consoles won't have graphics this good before the generation following the "PS720". PS4 is already outdated compared to a PC running a SLI GTX Titan :)

True, but i think UE4 is modular like UE3, so you can do good work with nextgen consoles with it. Now with all the new x64 architechture in place so its really easy to translate from consoles to pc and vice versa. This might be good for PC gamers because now you have same processor and gpu running in console as in your PC so there should not be so much shoddy console ports (atleast i hope so, engines can be upscalable to PC pretty easy)

But it is true like you said that PC gets the most of this :D

I already have better specs in my system than in ps4 or new xbox. What they have is that there is no fragmentation so they can optimize their games much better and it pushes the hardware more than on PC.

Edited by DARKKi

You're misunderstanding what graphics engines are. It's a tech demo. As in, a graphics technology demonstration. And all it shows is what it's capable of. Gameplay-wise it can do pretty much anything you code in it.

For a walkthrough of the features you can watch this:

Edited by krisp

You really have no idea what a tech demo is, do you? Also, non of it is "manipulated" its all rendered ingame

You really have no idea what a tech demo is, do you? Also, non of it is "manipulated" its all rendered ingame

Yes, exactly. It is not pre-rendered like some cinematic cutscenes or game intros. It is realtime computing like in every other game, just new and more gorgeous engine.