Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Slots Purchasable With Credits

Axelyte

As of now, we are non-plat purchasing players only have access to 2 Warframe Slots and 8 Weapons slots. Sure, with the starting 50 platinum I am able to purchase 2 warframe slots or 4 inventory slots and 1 warframe slot, however I still think that it is rather limiting to the amount of warframes and weapons we are able to obtain. This is a major problem as, if our inventory is full and would like to try a new weapon or warframe, we would have to sacriface one of our previously used equipment which may be rank 30 (or 60, with a orokin reactor) in order to make space, which ultimately wastes player effort and time.

My suggestion to this is that the devs can add the feature to purchase slots with credits, but at prices like: 50k, 100k or even 250k per slot (prices of each slot may increase as the player obtains more and more slots), so that the people whom truly do not want to spend money on the game have to work hard for the extra slots. Having these high prices would encourage the players to play more in order to earn enough credits for the slots, meanwhile the not so hardworking players can still simply purchase slots with platinum instead. Making slots purchasable would also prolong the game time of non-platinum spending players, as they would have space to test out new builds, weapons and warframes.

Edited by Scorrex

I think allowing free Purchasing of slots would not be that great an idea, however I do think that it should be possible for free players to get a few Slots here and there for Mastery rewards.

I like this idea. I like it ALOT. I completely forgot about mastery levels. I think it would be great to add some kind of reward for completing the mastery missions. Thanks for the feedback btw.

Edited by Scorrex

DE_Steve answered this question a few weeks ago. Slots do eat server space and making it platinum exclusive means your platinum is paying for a permanent space within the server. More Warframe/weapon mean bigger space to accomodate them, thus more platinum.

This may be changed at some point but atm, it's DE official response in this matter.

DE have to make money in some way.

so the cosmetics,orokin catalyst/reactor,warframes(and upcoming new warframes),weapons/weapon skins,rushing blueprint manfacturing

what is that? is it not making enough money that they got to limit the amount of weapons/warframes you can have?

while i feel as if its reasonably priced i feel that there should be a purchasable blue print for it,

The only things which have to be bought with plat are weapon skins, (some) color palettes and inventory slots. The only things out of them which are really necessary are the inventory slots and they are quite reasonably priced. Everything else you can (and kinda should) craft.

If slots are to exist in this game, I think only weapon slots should exist. The main point of the game are the warframes, they are the only thing that keeps the game at all fresh, and capping the number of warframes you can have to two pretty much kills the game. Other games that have unlockable "hero" style characters, such as Bloodline Champions or League of Legends don't have slot requirements for the characters themselves, only on extra stuff, like rune pages for LoL and Trait pages for BLC, both of which allow you to customize your power a bit more, roughly equivalent to weapon slots.

If nothing else, they could at least expand the warframe slots to a reasonable number, perhaps based on the number of warframes in the game. For example, every three or four warframes total in the game could add a slot for everyone, meaning that our current slot count would go up from 2 to 3 or 4, and as the game becomes larger and releases more, every now and then we'd get a new slot to try some out.

In my case, the problem isn't the idea of paying, if I like a game enough, I'll spend some money on it. I bought the Titan Edition for Bloodline Champions, which costs $90, which allowed me to both unlock the majority of current and future content, and allowed me to support a really fun skill based game. On the other hand though, I don't want to spend money on a game if I feel like it will be wasted. I've spent more money than I'd care to remember on League of Legends, money I wish I could take back with how stagnant the design is and how frustrating the game is, but I can't.

So for Warframe, I'm not ready to drop money on them until they can prove they're worth supporting, right now the game has a lot of potential but it's very rough, and while a new warframe is somewhat desirable, right now I feel like that's about the only thing to add any replayability, which is kind of sad because the warframe designs are a bit sloppy at the moment. If they continue to release warframes with little thought put into their design, I see no reason to pay for them. If they start cleaning them up and making them amazing, well then I may just pay. But considering the middle road is more likely, having some free to play alternatives would be nice.

so the cosmetics,orokin catalyst/reactor,warframes(and upcoming new warframes),weapons/weapon skins,rushing blueprint manfacturing

what is that? is it not making enough money that they got to limit the amount of weapons/warframes you can have?

while i feel as if its reasonably priced i feel that there should be a purchasable blue print for it,

No its not making enough money since you can obtain all the stuff through simple playing.... Thats why.

Guys you get 50 start plat. you can easily buy 4 slots and still have enough for a potatoe. So you want new slots for credits. Than they should remove the start plat. There cant be both. Start plat and almost everything through playing.....

Yeah, they hinted during the last livestream that they will put slots avaliable by another way, other than straight purchase with platinum.

Don't know if they will be avaliable with credits though.

It will most likely be the ranking. You might get a slot every 3 ranks or so.

Hrm? When did they give us the skinny on their financial status?

Ok let me use other words^^ I mean. How how can you make "enough" money with something that can be obtained without paying?

Besides that. if they had "enough" money, why did they they state in the last Q&A that they would do more stuff if they had more employees. And you can only employ new people if you have enough money to pay them.....

Edited by Venarge

my idea for free slots will involve a very expensive blueprint (over duble the price for sentinels) use a bunch or rare equipments (like control moduls, other boss drops) and a rediculesly long building time (week or 2) so ti encourage people to spend some money and get some slot instantly insted grinding and waiting a few weeks per each slot.

my idea for free slots will involve a very expensive blueprint (over duble the price for sentinels) use a bunch or rare equipments (like control moduls, other boss drops) and a rediculesly long building time (week or 2) so ti encourage people to spend some money and get some slot instantly insted grinding and waiting a few weeks per each slot.

Hmm. I kinda like that idea

Slots are already the best deal the shop has on offer, and you get enough free Platinum to get some extra right out of the gate.

Why in the world would you want to make them even more accessible?

If anything, you should be asking for cheaper(in platinum) warframes, since those are mostly a poor deal, and you ain't need no slots if there ain't stuff to fill them with.

Edited by Naqel

No its not making enough money since you can obtain all the stuff through simple playing.... Thats why.

Guys you get 50 start plat. you can easily buy 4 slots and still have enough for a potatoe. So you want new slots for credits. Than they should remove the start plat. There cant be both. Start plat and almost everything through playing.....

Actually you get 150 plat when you first start, we got 50 plat during CB and another 100 after U.7. Fresh accounts get 150 plat altogether.

Actually you get 150 plat when you first start, we got 50 plat during CB and another 100 after U.7. Fresh accounts get 150 plat altogether.

New accounts get 50 plat. I made my account after update 7 so I can confirm it's 50 plat

Edited by Scorrex