April 11Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

PS4: What Updates are coming when?

Our PS4 players should expect the Anniversary Gifts and necessary fixes in the update we submitted earlier this week. We are planning on submitting the next major update after necessary hotfixes have gone out, hopefully before the end of the month! 

Argon Crystal

A call for clarification about when the resource decays has been heard!

“A full 24hrs from when you acquire it and then when GMT 00:00 hits is when it’s considered in its decaying period.” We've seen a small amount of feedback on this new resource but nothing alarming as of yet.

Stance Mods

In Devstream #26 it was stated that “Every weapon comes with a default basic stance that doesn't include the combos.”. This caused some confusion due to the information being unclear. A ‘default basic stance’ is simply your Warframes stance without a stance mod equipped (Hitting EEE..). The Stance mod is what gives you that combo system to play around with. We can see where the confusion was made, and we apologize for that. It was also stated that “The Stance is created as Mods cards that you will find in the game as drops.

The detail of Stance mods as enemy drops was mentioned in the March 14th Community Hot Topics as well as Streams:

“With the addition of new Mods being introduced with Melee 2.0, it raises the question ‘Where will these new Mods go?’ . When Melee 2.0 is introduced these new Mods will be placed on enemies similar to current Mods, with the help of The Codex to determine their drops for the time being. When new mechanics are introduced like Badlands and Proxy War it will open up opportunities for these Mods to be placed.”

Moving forward, our team is currently examining the Codex to ensure stance mod drops are being shown correctly and reading feedback. The issue of mod drop dilution is still a hot issue from which we’re listening to. Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns? Further investigating will be done. 

Solar Rails: Dossier

Concerns have been raised about how the Dark Sectors/Solar Rails will work in a contested situation. 

The concern: Solo (rush) runs will destroy the base quicker than a squad of 4 Tenno because each run counts as a point towards the bases’ destruction.

The reality: Each Tenno in a completed mission counts as a point against the tower - meaning that effective strategies can be used in any combination of Tenno! 

In summation the Dark Sectors will not be exposed to “rushing exploits”.

Beacons

Last night Hotfix 13.0.3 fixed the issue of only 1 Prosecutor spawning per Ceres mission. We tested the new Beacon drops on Prime Time #25 with determination to battle Vay Hek. Our stream did go longer than usual, but with approximately 1 hour of stream playtime and about 2 hours before the stream (and before the hotfix), we got to Vay Hek.  Playing this content with our players is very important to us, and helps us see the potential issues. 

The Delta Beacon is the hardest fragment to find, so it comes without saying that frustrations arise when searching for it. With the Hotfix change we saw more positive feedback and are continuing to read as players progress.

The key hunt for Lephantis was also executed in similar fashion; yet different. When we originally launched Lephantis, the keytimes had 6 hours or more of crafting time which were reduced. We've taken feedback along the way and tweaked where necessary. 

Argon Crystal
“A full 24hrs from when you acquire it and then when GMT 00:00 hits is when it’s considered in its decaying period.” We've seen a small amount of feedback on this new resource but nothing alarming as of yet.

I'll show you alarming!

*angry face*

I don't want to get something only to have it vanish over time. That's not how I like to play this game.

Edit: Not you personally, we love our community directors

Edited by Archistopheles

Sorry for the rage but: Why the heck my Crystal expires in 8 hours after I get it? Seriously 8 hours? 

This has to be a joke T_T

edit: also, the Delta beacon the hardest to find? I got 32 Deltas before getting A SINGLE Gamma, wtf. I had to end up buying Gamma Beacons in the market because after 5 hours of gameplay I got only 4.

Edited by residente

*rage meter going down*

Phew I guess the abysymally low drops were a big after all Oo

what about the delta beacons though? i've never seen one :O

Also DE : the stalker and infested need a buff. melee 2.0 makes them weak.

Stance Mods

In Devstream #26 it was stated that “Every weapon comes with a default basic stance that doesn't include the combos.”. This caused some confusion due to the information being unclear. A ‘default basic stance’ is simply your Warframes stance without a stance mod equipped (Hitting EEE..). The Stance mod is what gives you that combo system to play around with. We can see where the confusion was made, and we apologize for that. It was also stated that “The Stance is created as Mods cards that you will find in the game as drops.

The detail of Stance mods as enemy drops was mentioned in the March 14th Community Hot Topics as well as Streams:
“With the addition of new Mods being introduced with Melee 2.0, it raises the question ‘Where will these new Mods go?’ . When Melee 2.0 is introduced these new Mods will be placed on enemies similar to current Mods, with the help of The Codex to determine their drops for the time being. When new mechanics are introduced like Badlands and Proxy War it will open up opportunities for these Mods to be placed.”

Moving forward, our team is currently examining the Codex to ensure stance mod drops are being shown correctly and reading feedback. The issue of mod drop dilution is still a hot issue from which we’re listening to. Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns? Further investigating will be done. 

Getting the mods on to common enemies and making them easy enough to acquire drops would be great.

But YES, put them on the market and I will buy them ALL right now, quick fast and in a hurry.

DO IT!

5-6 hours on Ceres so far: 1 Delta beacon. I have more than enough of all the other beacons to build 3 keys, and only half as many deltas as I need to make even one.

It's ridiculous to have to grind for 10+ hours for a single opportunity to grind for the new warframe's blueprints. It would be nice if the key were reusable.

And mod dilution is obviously a hot topic, but what about void drops? Those never stopped being a hot topic, you know. And every update dilutes them further. An average of more than 8 parts in each T3, only one of which can give more than one reward per mission. You keep apologizing for diluting the drop tables, but every update you dilute them even further. You have an entire star map, but the prime weapons have to be restricted to the most boring tileset? 

Honestly, U13 is a big letdown. It's just heaps of grind with a little bit of content buried somewhere under it all. Overall, a pretty player-unfriendly update.

When the devs supposedly identify things as a concern, it's hard to take them seriously when they continue to do the exact opposite of what most of their fans constantly ask them to do, apologize for doing it, and then do it more. 

Putting Mods on the market would not alleviate mod concerns because it would be a step towards charging plat for mods.  Getting rid of the grind, complication, and lack of freedom from camping the same thing for hours on end to get mods would alleviate the concern.  Because of the drop tables, Warframe is losing it's last vestiges of game play.  The drop tables are the dominant factor in Warframe, not the game play.  People do not log on to play a game.  They log on to sit in the same spot for hours, days, weeks, months .... eons ...  getting bored farming the same thing over and over and over ...... then moving on to farm something else. It's killing the game because such activity is not a game, it's insanity.  This is not the game I started playing in April 2014, BC.

EDIT For Clarification:  Yes, there was farming back in april, but, it was for Warframe components, unlike in other games where you farm for every little scrap, even the rusty spork you use to kill your first pit bull sized and dispositioned rat..  This was one of the things that drew me to Warframe.  I thought Warframe was revolutionary in this and other ways.  Each update deteriorates that initial assessment: the ever increasing grind, the attacks on movement speed(Rush and Marathon mods are virtually rare now.), the lack of urgency in the flow of movement(pauses at the end of the Use function even while under heavy fire, movement and firing interrupt each other), etc.

Before mod sharing and per weapon loadouts and void, there was one mod table for non-bosses.  You just played the game or farmed the boss and the mods flowed.  Now, the same, often  lame, mods drop all the time.  To get the worthwhile mods, you have to camp forever.  Gone are the days when you could just play the missions or faction you felt like playing whenever you felt like playing them.  Now, if you are not camping, you are not getting anything worthwhile or, on rare occasions, you are getting something good(even if it's just a basic common or uncommon) that you already have, but not as necessary as what you don't have.

To make matters worse, we are no longer talking about simple scaling mods, we are now camping for game play mods, for core mods.  We are now camping, farming, grinding, etc. for Rush and Marathon mods so that the game lives up to it's claims of being fast and fluid in movement.  We are now camping elemental mods so that Damage 2.0 lives up to it's claims of resolving the dominance of armor and rainbow builds.  We are now camping for Melee 2.0.

I don't know this game anymore.

Edited by ThePresident777

Stance Mods
1. In Devstream #26 it was stated that “Every weapon comes with a default basic stance that doesn't include the combos.”. This caused some confusion due to the information being unclear. A ‘default basic stance’ is simply your Warframes stance without a stance mod equipped (Hitting EEE..). The Stance mod is what gives you that combo system to play around with. We can see where the confusion was made, and we apologize for that. It was also stated that “The Stance is created as Mods cards that you will find in the game as drops.

Beacons
2. Playing this content with our players is very important to us, and helps us see the potential issues. 

3. The Delta Beacon is the hardest fragment to find, so it comes without saying that frustrations arise when searching for it. With the Hotfix change we saw more positive feedback and are continuing to read as players progress.

Sour post incoming.

1. Thank you for finally clearing that up.

2. Well I'm happy you two actually play it during Prime Time. But my opinion still stands that the developers need to play their own game more before releasing it. Unless you guys actually like to throw something in the sea and see where it ends, getting flamed on the forums till infinity. Hell I don't know maybe open up a test server if you guys don't like to test or have no time for it. I rather wait a week longer to have a less buggy and broken game than to go through this every update. >inb4 "wait a few days with playing after updates are released" yeah, no.. do it right.

3. They are actually decent now, thanks.

So, what about the whole combo vs. just spamming attacks issue that became blatantly clear once our group of players had gotten some stances to drop?

Seriously, if I just spam attacks with my dual kamas, they escalate up to 1-2 hitting level 30+ light and medium units in no time flat. Meanwhile, the pauses and aiming you have to do while using a stance combo drastically lowers any sort of dps output you could hope for. Only heavy units are even able to stand up to more than a few hits, yet are actually -harder- to hit with the combos than the spam attack.   I expected better out of the combos considering how much RNG grinding we'll be doing to get a hold of them....

Also, what in the hell is up with the polarities on stances and their respective slots?  It's like someone hit a random button for assigning them and called it a day.   Shouldn't they all just have their own special polarity like the new mysterious one that Fang Prime has?

Edited by SanguineXIII

Need to equip melee weapons faster and swing immediately.

Weapon swap delay does absolutely nothing beneficial in the game. It makes changing weapons always a poor choice instead of reloading, removing a tactical option. It removes the option to switch for different damage resistances slower than just killing the enemy.

Switching is almost always the wrong decision. DE wants melee to be viable and used - otherwise they wouldn't have gone so far into m2.0.

Making weapon swap nearly instant (which it may be) will simply get us to use melee more often. That's a win for everyone.
Edited by SirAuron

*rage meter going down*

Phew I guess the abysymally low drops were a big after all Oo

what about the delta beacons though? i've never seen one :O

Also DE : the stalker and infested need a buff. melee 2.0 makes them weak.

Infested. Just infested. :s

Anyway , easy steps for u13 rage lowering:

- Common or uncommon stance mods : I really like Melee 2.0, but I'd like it even more if I wasn't just pressing "e" with normal attacks & one simple combo.I'd like it more if I could experience the combos (also, some people want charge attacks back when melee is unequipped,like the glaive previously)

-Vay Hek/Hydroid path looks too much like a grind wall,and players feel less and less patient about it, like the Zephyr farm(they take it as an illusional difficulty). The key isn't reusable and some players feel that the farming isn't worth Hek's fight.

- The melee hits timer is too fast, and most of the time we need more than 4 seconds to reach the nearest enemies.

(- Lore?Stealth?Wildlife?Kubrows?Emotes?Movemet/Parkour 2.0?Enemy behaviour 2.0?New enemies?)

- Our melee focused frame, Valkyr?

- A rework for our melee focused boss, Tyl Regor?

I don't think I forgot something. Update 13 has a lot of potential,yet it needs fixes, otherwise half the number of impatient players will just give up.

I'm sure DE can make the introduced game mechanics refreshing, not only to keep their old bored players playing, but also to have the beginners experience feel less repetitive. :)

Interesting threads for feedbacks, good and bad ('cause bad feedbacks are even more useful) :

1)Main concerns :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/210566-de-you-took-what-should-have-been-fun-and-just-turned-it-into-a-grind/

2) Stances (I hope LetsGrindItOut prayer is heard) :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/210711-why-you-dont-have-a-stance-mod-yet/page-3#entry2476285

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/211306-provide-stance-mod-with-weapons-like-ability-mods-or-else/#entry2472195

3) Those who still enjoy it :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/210601-for-all-of-its-faults-im-having-fun/

4) A missing yet very useful mechanic :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177682-de-i-know-youre-ultra-busy-with-20-but-i-hope-you-wont-forget-this/

Edited by unknow99

Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns? Further investigating will be done. 

Normally I would just say "no" to the idea of putting any mod in the market because it would make finding it in the world virtually meaningless, but these stance mods are simply too important for several weapons - and they're too rare in the world right now.

For example: The Nikanas. While the new stance is rare to help hype up the katana itself, NOT having it cripples the katana to a mere repeated two-hit sequence. Same with almost all melee weapons; without the stance, there's little point to even switch to them.

Sidenote: Praying you'll fix the Glaive stance soon so we don't need to swing->hold to throw it.

Edited by Archwizard

I and some other forum-goers have expressed that many of the combos added by melee 2.0 don't really seem to add much to the experience. Because several combos are just damage with negligible lunges or sweeps, there's either no reason to use them over the EEE chain (which preserves the multiplier better) or there's no reason to use anything else.

If this is incorrect and each combo features CC or bonus damage, it might help to show this somewhere in the UI.

For more: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/210352-update-13/#entry2467440

I'd like to bring this up again to ensure that the devs keep this in mind moving forward and make sure to create diverse combos that mesh with the way warframe is played. If they don't, I fear that people won't ever use the content that they work hard to create.

Thanks!

PS4: What Updates are coming when?
Our PS4 players should expect the Anniversary Gifts and necessary fixes in the update we submitted earlier this week. We are planning on submitting the next major update after necessary hotfixes have gone out, hopefully before the end of the month! 

Argon Crystal

Personally I think Argon Crystals are a bit demanding since they require farming whenever you need them and you can't stash them. I guess I'm not shouting out since they aren't needed in large quantities but I still don't think it's a good mechanic.

Okay, lemme address this politely:

Argon: This is a bad idea. Oxium was a bad idea because you needed high amounts but it dropped in ones and twos. But this is even worse. Part of what kept me invested in Warframe is that my grinding was mostly done. I got millions of resources sitting here, some of them aren't even used anymore, but it's okay - because if I ever need them, they're here, no need to go out of my way to get stuff, just deal with the stupid wait on the foundry. Now those Crystals make my grinding pointless, because if I don't use them fast enough, they Argon (hehehe). 

Stances: I could see some of them being rares or being a common drop from a rare enemy, but the others should be a unccomon drop from common enemies, tops.

Beacons: U10 gave you a very specific feedback - stop locking content behind keys. I agree wih this sentiment. Basic planets should all have bosses accessible on nodes before you move on to putting bosses behind keys or with requirements like killing Krill with a flying kick while wielding the machete.

Argon Crystal

We were told that it would have a half life of 24 hours, not that it would decay in 24 hours. A half life is where the stack will halve in the listed time.

With an actual half life you could actually keep a few for more than two days, but it would still remove the possibility of stockpiling.