April 11Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Stance Mods
In Devstream #26 it was stated that “Every weapon comes with a default basic stance that doesn't include the combos.”. This caused some confusion due to the information being unclear. A ‘default basic stance’ is simply your Warframes stance without a stance mod equipped (Hitting EEE..). The Stance mod is what gives you that combo system to play around with. We can see where the confusion was made, and we apologize for that. It was also stated that “The Stance is created as Mods cards that you will find in the game as drops.

The detail of Stance mods as enemy drops was mentioned in the March 14th Community Hot Topics as well as Streams:
“With the addition of new Mods being introduced with Melee 2.0, it raises the question ‘Where will these new Mods go?’ . When Melee 2.0 is introduced these new Mods will be placed on enemies similar to current Mods, with the help of The Codex to determine their drops for the time being. When new mechanics are introduced like Badlands and Proxy War it will open up opportunities for these Mods to be placed.”

Moving forward, our team is currently examining the Codex to ensure stance mod drops are being shown correctly and reading feedback. The issue of mod drop dilution is still a hot issue from which we’re listening to. Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns? Further investigating will be done. 

This is very important...

After last hotfix some Uncommon stance mods droped from mobs.. get few of them, but.... no any rare mod droped.

I get 6 rare stance mod 4 from Mod Packed - each 90plat = i waste 10 of it and 2 from transmutation, get some uncommon stance too but waste around 2mln credits...

Realy... Stance mods are most important part for whole melee 2.0 system, how player can get fun if after 20 h of farmin - hard farming cant get Stance mods for weapons what they want.

In additional.. after U13 rare mods almost no DROP only reward from Survi od DEF.

I think we should have warframe ability, basic sentinel precepts, and maybe stances available in the market for varying amounts of credits (NOT PLAT!!!!!).  You can purchase as many as you want (and sell back for full) but they can only be fused with themselves.  This removes a huge amount of clutter from enemy drop tables, prevents fusion abuses by limiting to self fusion, and still lets you put out rare stances and precepts.  It seems like such a simple fix to a lot of the drop table dilution issues, I'm sort surprised it hasn't been done already.

Edited by JBS_1

Are you planning to add more combos? Espeshially aerial attacks. Some places like vents on a ceeling and grineer magnetic doors are impossible to go through without help of ranged weapons.

Edited by Repligon

Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns? Further investigating will be done. 

This would be nice, and this is what should be done with warframe ability cards as well. Instead of having abilities dilute mod drops, just add credit-purchasable ability card sets for each warframe, for anyone who really needs and extra copy of the skills for whatever reason.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

if the ability mods were completely removed from the drop tables (as was hinted at quite awhile ago) that would go a long way to reducing drop dilution.

i like the fact that the "trash" was mostly removed from void drops. this helps, very much. and i appreciate it.

but with the inclusion of over 30 new mods.... and thinking that without a stance mod to go with whatever weapon you're using... 

it's a bit frustrating to have to go through all the RNG just to use a weapon beyond a one-two combo.

you need 15 mods to have all weapons covered. that's just one stance per weapon. (not counting alternate stances)

that's a lot of grind just to SEE what a weapon can do.

considering that these mods work similarly to aura mods, why not do something akin to the way nightmare alerts work.

"tenno: a stance mod has been discovered"

it would help reduce the frustration over this immensely.

additionally, i'd love to see "forced" nightmare modes like melee only, rifle only, etc. added into the penalties.

melee only offers some really tantalizing options. (although targeting some flying corpus mobs can be irritating in the extreme)

these are better hot-topics than i've seen recently, but i still want to hear something about network overhead being reduced and a concentration on matchmaking problems and graphical performance continues to decline.

on the topic of matchmaking, the system still doesn't take a users maximum bandwidth into account. so players that have insufficient bandwidth (less than 1mbps) are still being chosen based off ping times and fast systems. leading to vastly degraded performance and host-migrations.

this is one of those "ounce of prevention worth a pound of repair" problems.

i've mentioned it before in various threads, but if a bandwidth test was done at user login on a per-session basis and that value weighted against the rest of the values. (system cpuid / ping) it would go a LONG way to improving everybody's experience with the game.

thanks for reading.

Moving forward, our team is currently examining the Codex to ensure stance mod drops are being shown correctly and reading feedback. The issue of mod drop dilution is still a hot issue from which we’re listening to. Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns? Further investigating will be done. 

Could help, but warframe powers should be moved out of the way first and into the market so they don't contribute to the mod drop dilution in the first place.

I think that decaying resources are pretty cool, and fortunately you don't need many, and you can get them from running random void missions. so all it means is that before you want to craft something, run a couple void missions, then you'll be good to go. but yeah, when I got mine, the timer started at like 8 or 9 hours until decay. something should be looked at there. and the timer should be separate for each crystal, but I have a feeling it might just remove all of them once the timer expires

people who don't have a grasp of what the stance mods actually do will complain about the "basic stance". because each stance only gives you one or two combos, and no other combat benefit. otherwise, the normal attacks (E E E E E...), jump attacks, slide attacks, and finishers are all the same as the weapon without them. I thought the stance mods changed those, since some were given names (btw, DE, if you're looking for fan submissions for naming the rest of the melee attacks, just say the word!), but they are no different from the attacks without a stance mod

codex is looking good for now, and I don't think drop rate should be boosted. these are cool new mods, they should be relatively rare, otherwise everyone will have a ton of them. which while cool, means that no one will profit from selling them. to be fair, in a couple months that'll probably happen anyway, when some people have tons of extras

similarly, I don't think delta beacons or other beacons should be drastically tweaked in terms of drop rate. it's obvious that those are the rarest, and you only need 2 to craft the vay hek key, and that's why. I'm glad the prosecutor spawn rate was increased, but it's a bit ridiculous, tbh. eximus class mobs don't spawn that rapidly in any other map. I can understand that it's sort of a special event, but they seriously spawn once per minute on survival. does make things fun when the lotus pops up with a message warning about an incoming prosecutor, then congratulates you for defeating it. I'm just trying to finish up my codex, so if other eximus mobs spawned that rapidly, it would be great :P

j-2000 golem keys really weren't too bad to make, but people like to complain when something isn't outright given to them. the 6 hour build time was tedious. and remember when the OD keys took an hour instead of a minute? yeah, those were some good fixes

This would be nice, and this is what should be done with warframe ability cards as well. Instead of having abilities dilute mod drops, just add credit-purchasable ability card sets for each warframe, for anyone who really needs and extra copy of the skills for whatever reason.

You do realise that DE wont be putting mods on the market for credits, dont you ?

They do so love the plat :P

I knew that the stance mods were going to be dropping from enemies, not given. But please, please, please, some of them are just silly!
Stalking Fan. I farmed for an hour or two when the update hit, going after Ruk time and time again. Then when the tables changed, you moved them to Sniper Crewmen!
Sniper Crewmen. They appear at a frequency of about three every mission, and only on one or two missions in Europa, or Pluto. They don't ever drop mods, let alone rare ones. 

So far, all but one of the Stalking Fans I've seen floating around have been attained by Transmutation, by players who've spent over a million credits. 
Come on!

EDIT: Make that Eris, not Pluto, since Pluto has been almost totally conquered by Grineer. 

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns? Further investigating will be done.

Speaking purely for myself, yes, this would definitely alleviate the major concerns. Preferably for credits, since we don't have a whole lot of things we can buy for credits, but even plat would be better than the situation we have now. I mean, stances make a melee weapon a lot more fun to play. They make melee weapons more dynamic and powerful... Trouble is, they're so hard to find since they're locked behind triple RNG.

You've got RNG for whether the enemy spawns (Bombard? Crawlers?), then you've got RNG for whether they drop a mod, then you've got RNG again for whether that mod is a rare, much less the specific rare you need.

Moving many stances to common enemies was a step in the right direction, but it's still a large amount of RNG to fully access U13's core feature.

Beacons

Last night Hotfix 13.0.3 fixed the issue of only 1 Prosecutor spawning per Ceres mission. We tested the new Beacon drops on Prime Time #25 with determination to battle Vay Hek. Our stream did go longer than usual, but with approximately 1 hour of stream playtime and about 2 hours before the stream (and before the hotfix), we got to Vay Hek.  Playing this content with our players is very important to us, and helps us see the potential issues. 

The Delta Beacon is the hardest fragment to find, so it comes without saying that frustrations arise when searching for it. With the Hotfix change we saw more positive feedback and are continuing to read as players progress.

The key hunt for Lephantis was also executed in similar fashion; yet different. When we originally launched Lephantis, the keytimes had 6 hours or more of crafting time which were reduced. We've taken feedback along the way and tweaked where necessary.

I think the primary problem pre-hotfix was that you were lucky to get 1 beacon per mission, with the hek key taking around twenty beacons of varying types. Now that Nuovo has prosecutors show up every couple minutes, the grind is a lot less onerous.

I still think the Hek key takes too many beacons to make, but not so many that it's worth complaining about now that beacons are reasonably plentiful.

Edit:

As far as the Argon crystals go, I really don't like the idea of them. Like, when I logged off, I had 6 of them or so, all set to expire before I could use them on anything since the Nikana research in my clan won't be done for another day.

Not very fun.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

why isnt update 13 up now for ps 4 come on i want to destroy eneimes with my melee weapon and i hope it comes before the end of next week

Because we just got it yesterday and we have to make sure there's no tremendous bugs before you guys get it.

Unless you want to deal with grinding Nef for 500 runs in hopes of maybe (but probably not) getting a stance mod?

Moving forward, our team is currently examining the Codex to ensure stance mod drops are being shown correctly and reading feedback. The issue of mod drop dilution is still a hot issue from which we’re listening to. Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns?

The problem with the Codex is how we as players get any info out of it, scanning. Often we need a lot of scans, even for rare mobs, while mobs come in insane waves, yet we're expected notice that one we need before we kill it, then sloooowwlly, and carefully scan that one right there amongst them all, as they quickly move all over the place, trying to kill you, right, that doesn't interrupt game play at all, nope, fits right in, that's extreme sarcasm of course. Scanning is bad, it was bad at the beginning, and with every new addition it gets worse. The Codex was a nice idea, but was implemented so badly, most people would find it far easier to just use the Wiki, play normally, and not bother scanning anything at all.

Just make adding info based off of kills, and interactions for objects. This way it does not interrupt game play, and also could become a kind of kill counter. The new sentinel was not the answer, as it tries to scan everything, scanning is still slow, and it uses up your scanners. If scanning was point, click a scan hot key, and that's it, it'd be better, but still not as good as if we could just get info while playing normally. The Codex should also provide info on mission rewards, I mean if you're just going to post things like the Prime item drop locations on the forums anyhow, may as well put it into the Codex.

Regarding dilution of the drop pool, just look at some of the bosses to see some of the problems, like General Sargas Ruk, which often enough gives you Pressure Point, which is also dropped by a slew of other mobs, including some of the most common ones, that's not fun. Making certain mobs, drop certain mods, when various desirable ones come from rare mobs, we can't even be sure will spawn seems like a bad idea. I'd rater see mods drop based on faction, and/or region, that way if you go to the right area, and fight the right faction, each mob has a chance of dropping what you want. Then bosses should only be able to drop uncommon, and rare mods. Another possibility would be a crafting system, transmutation is just a luck based reroll, I mean combine certain things, and get the thing you want. Just selling them for Platinum seems a bad idea, and this game is already bad enough for imposing heavy grind walls, that can be removed by opening your wallet.

Edited by PhoenixShi

Popping in to offer my two cents regarding the "Resource Decay" being introduced with Argon Crystals:

Not a good idea for this game right now.

Especially considering they have a lifetime of less than 24 hours, players who find them at or near the end of one day's play session may not get a chance to use them at all. They're gone before tomorrow's game time rolls around.

Worth iterating on for use in tandem with other ideas.

Example idea: non-perishable items (like gear?) that can be built using these perishable resources, or even making them consumable directly for some kind of bonus or power boost.

Even then, it doesn't sound great. Maybe someone else has more interesting ideas.

Putting Mods on the market would not alleviate mod concerns because it would be a step towards charging plat for mods.  Getting rid of the grind, complication, and lack of freedom from camping the same thing for hours on end to get mods would alleviate the concern.  Because of the drop tables, Warframe is losing it's last vestiges of game play.  The drop tables are the dominant factor in Warframe, not the game play.  People do not log on to play a game.  They log on to sit in the same spot for hours, days, weeks, months .... eons ...  getting bored farming the same thing over and over and over ...... then moving on to farm something else. It's killing the game because such activity is not a game, it's insanity.  This is not the game I started playing in April 2014, BC.

EDIT For Clarification:  Yes, there was farming back in april, but, it was for Warframe components, unlike in other games where you farm for every little scrap, even the rusty spork you use to kill your first pit bull sized and dispositioned rat..  This was one of the things that drew me to Warframe.  I thought Warframe was revolutionary in this and other ways.  Each update deteriorates that initial assessment: the ever increasing grind, the attacks on movement speed(Rush and Marathon mods are virtually rare now.), the lack of urgency in the flow of movement(pauses at the end of the Use function even while under heavy fire, movement and firing interrupt each other), etc.

Before mod sharing and per weapon loadouts and void, there was one mod table for non-bosses.  You just played the game or farmed the boss and the mods flowed.  Now, the same, often  lame, mods drop all the time.  To get the worthwhile mods, you have to camp forever.  Gone are the days when you could just play the missions or faction you felt like playing whenever you felt like playing them.  Now, if you are not camping, you are not getting anything worthwhile or, on rare occasions, you are getting something good(even if it's just a basic common or uncommon) but not as necessary as what you don't have.

To make matters worse, we are no longer talking about simple scaling mods, we are now camping for game play mods, for core mods.  We are now camping, farming, grinding, etc. for Rush and Marathon mods so that the game lives up to it's claims of being fast and fluid in movement.  We are now camping elemental mods so that Damage 2.0 lives up to it's claims of resolving the dominance of armor and rainbow builds.  We are now camping for Melee 2.0.

I don't know this game anymore.

TBH doing that would dilute the mod pool which is why they did this in the first place. However I agree that the entire camping thing is boring and sucking the fun out of this game. If DE made it so that each faction had mobs that would drop each mod in the tables with the exception of faction mods, it would make the game fun again (so long as there are just a few mods that are faction exclusive. Example: elementals). I would, for example, enjoy farming grineer for some mods more than the corpus, but I'm forced to farm the corpus.

DE, please make faction-specific drop tables!

Argon Crystal

A call for clarification about when the resource decays has been heard!

“A full 24hrs from when you acquire it and then when GMT 00:00 hits is when it’s considered in its decaying period.” We've seen a small amount of feedback on this new resource but nothing alarming as of yet.

Make it even a 48,hour half-life and I doubt anyone would complain. 7 days and you'd make the playerbase happy. I like the timer idea, however, because it adds urgency and importance to Void missions and rewards.