April 11Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Stance Mods
In Devstream #26 it was stated that “Every weapon comes with a default basic stance that doesn't include the combos.”. This caused some confusion due to the information being unclear. A ‘default basic stance’ is simply your Warframes stance without a stance mod equipped (Hitting EEE..). The Stance mod is what gives you that combo system to play around with. We can see where the confusion was made, and we apologize for that. It was also stated that “The Stance is created as Mods cards that you will find in the game as drops.

The detail of Stance mods as enemy drops was mentioned in the March 14th Community Hot Topics as well as Streams:
“With the addition of new Mods being introduced with Melee 2.0, it raises the question ‘Where will these new Mods go?’ . When Melee 2.0 is introduced these new Mods will be placed on enemies similar to current Mods, with the help of The Codex to determine their drops for the time being. When new mechanics are introduced like Badlands and Proxy War it will open up opportunities for these Mods to be placed.”

Its not confusion anymore, its anger at you wasting our time. No default stances, no Melee 2.0.

Here's a couple more issues highlighted by recent problems with the game. First, the only way we can keep much of what we find is if we are able to properly complete the mission, but between bugs, connectivity issues, and so on, it's not that uncommon to be unable to do that due to no fault of our own. We need to keep what we find, when we find it, and just have a properly completion be about the end reward. The second is the poor implementation of the Codex, and general lack of info we have on various important things. Update 13 changed Valkyr's Hysteria, although as how our skills specifically work is kept a mystery from us in this game we can't tell if it's a bug caused by the change in how melee combat works, or you just changed it. Then there's the worsened mess with all that blasted scanning you guys do expect us to do. We need more info on important things like skills, plus scanning is just an all around bad concept, and needs to go, overall the Codex needs some improvements to be as useful as it could be.

Solar Rails: Dossier
Concerns have been raised about how the Dark Sectors/Solar Rails will work in a contested situation. 

The concern: Solo (rush) runs will destroy the base quicker than a squad of 4 Tenno because each run counts as a point towards the bases’ destruction.
The reality: Each Tenno in a completed mission counts as a point against the tower - meaning that effective strategies can be used in any combination of Tenno! 

In summation the Dark Sectors will not be exposed to “rushing exploits”.

This is not working as intended. We did a run 2 nights ago (just before the 48-hour window expired) with a 4-man group, and the opposing rail dropped only 1%.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "counts as a point". I thought it meant "1% per Tenno in the group"...

Moving forward, our team is currently examining the Codex to ensure stance mod drops are being shown correctly and reading feedback. The issue of mod drop dilution is still a hot issue from which we’re listening to. Would putting stance mods in the market alleviate some major concerns? Further investigating will be done. 

Wut? stances in market are you serious? im sorry but thats a very bad idea unless its for credits, how do you think a f2p player would react to this or even a new player to the game? it would call it pay to win thats what and leave forever. Stances are a necessary mod for melee unless you want to gimp youself.

We have Dark Sectors, so put them there! i don´t see why we have to clutter enemies like the Elite Crewman (Jagged Edge im looking at you) with another rare drop that painfully NEVER DROPS! put them as Spectres drop for example, anything but at least be fair on how often it drops because as it is right now its plain low.

Edited by RMSGM

I'm not sure what you are referring to. But I was talking about % points, not health points.

And I'm saying that Megan is not referring to % points, but to those 75000 points that are Solar Rail HP. The % progress you're seeing is just those 75000 points in % form. A mission does not reduce the solar rail HP by a % point (per tenno), because it would only take 25 4-tenno missions to bring it down. Considering that alliances typically have around 4000 members, plus the inevitable supporters, the solar rails would be down in three minutes, tops. No, you need 75000 mission done to destroy a solar rail, with a 4-man mission now counting as 4 points.

When you did a mission with your friends and saw the solar rail life drop "only by 1%", remember that it took in account the hundreds of missions simultaneously played by other tennos. During the time it took you to finish your mission, hundreds of others were finished.

75k HP @ 10k per tenno per run = 750m credits to fully fund a defense or attack of a solar rail @ 10k battle pay.

i don't know about you, but that seems just a tad excessive.

with only 24 hours to bring income in from those places.. plus repairs.

sounds to me like owning a solar rail is more expensive than it's worth.

edit:

and let's not kid ourselves, most tenno won't bother with a solar rail conflict until the pay approaches 10k (maybe 8).

in that case, it's only 600m.

Edited by xethier

DANGIT DE you have a Carmel and vanilla cake with a nice middle cream and LOVLY TASTE THAT I CAN'T GET OVER BUT you screw up a bit to MUCH Come on I mean sure it's hard t decid if you want a chocolate cake or vanilla(the defrient views of peaple)but do a VOTE I mean If I vote no and 99% of others sed yes I'm gonna get over it you see where I'm going?i mean (the guy with fighting lab idea all credit to u)just MAKE A BLOODY TRAINING ROOM for peaple to test guns mele and how can I say "learn new moves" you new have the stance finding thing magigy and have a firing range somthing along those lines (and please GET THE LOOT FIXED Serusly I'VE BEEN FARMING THE BURSTON FOR 2 months straight and did not get a barrel or a blueprint.

With all respect to Degital extremes.

And I'm saying that Megan is not referring to % points, but to those 75000 points that are Solar Rail HP. The % progress you're seeing is just those 75000 points in % form. A mission does not reduce the solar rail HP by a % point (per tenno), because it would only take 25 4-tenno missions to bring it down. Considering that alliances typically have around 4000 members, plus the inevitable supporters, the solar rails would be down in three minutes, tops. No, you need 75000 mission done to destroy a solar rail, with a 4-man mission now counting as 4 points.

When you did a mission with your friends and saw the solar rail life drop "only by 1%", remember that it took in account the hundreds of missions simultaneously played by other tennos. During the time it took you to finish your mission, hundreds of others were finished.

Oh ok, I get what you mean. Thank you for explainging that.   :)

So how many health points does each Tenno drop the overall 75000 health of a rail? Were you saying 750 each, or 750 total for a group of 4?

Sorry, I have been reading all these Solar Rail details froM DE but never read anything about health points or anything. Thank you for your patience.   :)

EDIT: Oh I think I get it. You are saying 1% equals 750 points, but that each Tenno only drops the HP by 1 point each, for up to a total of 4 HP for a full group. Correct? So when I support someone's Solar Rail and see the % drop by several points, that just means that in the time that I did my 1 mission, lots of other people have also supported the same side, and thus a bigger % drop (due to all the HP that was lost during that time)?

Edited by Fayde8

an idea was bandied about in our clan chat today.

tenno ghosts should drop mods. any mod. every mod. including legendary cores. (albeit at something like one in one hundred thousand chance)

even at that minuscule rate, it would still give enough incentive to radically alter the current attitude towards the conflicts.

i don't think these guys should be dropping seeking force, berserker and rage every other kill, i think it should be something along the lines of..

5% chance to drop a mod at all.

70% chance "common"

25% chance "uncommon"

5% chance "rare"

and the tables for each mod in those brackets should also be weighted heavily to dissuade frequent highly-sought-after mods dropping.

but just adding in the CHANCE for these to be of use would definitely get me running these missions.

EVRY BODY SENSE DE IS TO BUSY WITH WORKING LETS TELL THEM WHAT WE WANT WITH SOME OF THE RARE MODS AND STANCES

If you see this page click here and click the option you like! http://strawpoll.me/1556214

Your survey is a good idea, but unless they give it for a lot of credits, and by a lot I mean A Lot, it will badly casualize the game,trust me...

(Also,frame ability mods moved to the market for cred's )

And last but not least : Stealthhhhhhhh please.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/3930-stealth-feedback-suggestions-thread/

Edited by unknow99

By the way i would thanks DE for having resolved a problem that many clans have. In fact some clans are unable to destroy a connector, often a cross one even when no child component is attached to. I contacted the support who resolved that problem in my dojo. So thank you very much DE for that work and i hope that nobody will have the same problem in the future.

Thank you ! :D

Solar Rails: Dossier
Concerns have been raised about how the Dark Sectors/Solar Rails will work in a contested situation. 

The concern: Solo (rush) runs will destroy the base quicker than a squad of 4 Tenno because each run counts as a point towards the bases’ destruction.
The reality: Each Tenno in a completed mission counts as a point against the tower - meaning that effective strategies can be used in any combination of Tenno! 

In summation the Dark Sectors will not be exposed to “rushing exploits”.

Cannot DISAGREE with this more.

A squad of four Tenno counts four points against a solar Rail at the SPEED OF THE SLOWEST TENNO.

Where four Tenno each rushing the Solar Rail separately will count points against the Solar Rail at their own personal speed.  The slowest Tenno does NOT adversely affect the other three Tenno.

Thus Solar Rails are entirely susceptible to rushing as it is the most efficient way to take down a Solar Rail.

The only way to combat this is to award bonus points to squads with more than one Tenno.

Squad of one Tenno counts 1.00 point.

Squad of two Tenno counts 2.33 points.

Squad of three Tenno counts 3.67 points.

Squad of four Tenno counts 5.00 points.

That is how you combat solo rushing Solar Rails.  NOT by stating they will not be exploited but by doing something to combat it.