Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failed!

amdarmada

I have seen this for all days.

fail.png

My Internet Connection is working well.

Is this April Fool's Day TRICK? Not funny.

Edit 1 : I try to reinstall but the problem is not solved.

However, my friends (in the same country) can play normally.

Edit 2 : Today it begins to download. Keep looking.

Edit 3 : Update done. Then, it's back WTF update failed.

Edit 4 : All right, everyone. I can update and play but I have to thanks this.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F6219-checking-for-update-europe-players%2Fpage__st__120#entry46648

Note : this "fix.bat" needs your game files. So, you have to update first (How fortunate!) and use this when it fails.

You can not use "fix.bat" while you have no game data in your disk drive.

Edited by amdarmada

same here, the download progress bar just sits like 3 pixels away from the end and then it times out and restarts. Haven't changed anything with my connection configuration. Once in a blue moon, I'm able to log in (few days ago)

EDIT: Hm, interesting, I just turned off "enable bulk download" and it immediately worked after the download restarted. Give it a shot?

Edited by AG-wolf

You might try sending your launcher logs into support -- however the logs we've seen with these tend to be in situations where some sort of web proxy is getting in between the game and our content servers (if something corrupt sneaks into this proxy's cache there isn't a whole lot we can do to evict it).

You might try sending your launcher logs into support -- however the logs we've seen with these tend to be in situations where some sort of web proxy is getting in between the game and our content servers (if something corrupt sneaks into this proxy's cache there isn't a whole lot we can do to evict it).

My apology, Sir. I've seen many posts about these "Update failed" for weeks now, and most of the staff's answer said something about "web proxy getting in the way" or something like that. So all we can do now is submitting ticket, attaching launcer log, and wait for the staff to do something about it? Is'nt there any other way to solve this? I mean, we have to wait for the staff to solve our plobrem one by one? Wouldn't make a new patch update could solve it better? No offense intended.

My apology, Sir. I've seen many posts about these "Update failed" for weeks now, and most of the staff's answer said something about "web proxy getting in the way" or something like that. So all we can do now is submitting ticket, attaching launcer log, and wait for the staff to do something about it? Is'nt there any other way to solve this? I mean, we have to wait for the staff to solve our plobrem one by one? Wouldn't make a new patch update could solve it better? No offense intended.

Here's what we've seen happen: some places (like schools) set up a web proxy cache so that when someone downloads a file it keeps a copy of the file on the local network; if multiple users download the same file it serves up the same file without going all the way back and getting it from our servers and everything runs faster. Sometimes they get a partial download of a file and don't know it -- when you ask for the file, they give up the incomplete file over and over again no matter how many times you try (we check the download very carefully and detect problems). Clearly this is a bad and we've done a few things in the most recent update to try to improve this but there are still cases we can't deal with -- specifically corrupt data (short of contacting your ISP or school and telling them that a specific file in their proxy cache is corrupt). We have more things we can try but please understand this is like us mailing you a package only to have your local post service smash it before delivering it to you -- we're trying very hard to keep them from abusing our content but sometimes there are things that are beyond our control.

Okay, so I've had limited success just sitting there and letting it go in the background, maybe eventually it'll work, and I"ll be able to play. My biggest irritation is, it needs to update EVERY time I start the launcher. I'll turn the game off, and 15 minutes later, when I finish watering the lawn or whatever, I get back, and I need to sit through another 20 minutes of updating. I feel that perhaps this could be the root of the problem, as everybody has trouble with the new update, because 40,000 people are updating at the same time. I think that if it just updated, and stayed updated, that your guy's server load could be greatly diminished, and people may have less problems here. I understand the whole mail analogy, and how that could be a problem, but I'm working through a private network that I own, with my firewall turned off, a speed of over 700 mb/s and I still get this error. I've encountered a previous error like unto this one with Blacklight: Retribution, it's Onslaught update took me 3 days of repeated attempts getting the same "Update failed" message, because there were thousands of people downloading the full 2 GB at the same time, and a lot of people(me) got "booted out" due to server load. I am pretty sure this is a similar problem, so forcing the game launcher to update, even if it is 365 mb, every time you try to play, could be an issue for many people. I understand I am not an expert on the subject, and that there is probably a better explination, but I just have a suggestion on how this could be happening.

One thing I forgot to mention: My error message says "some of the update content could not be downloaded from our game servers" instead of the original error message in the title post.

Edited by DJ-7809

One thing I forgot to mention: My error message says "some of the update content could not be downloaded from our game servers" instead of the original error message in the title post.

That's the same message I keep getting. I have also sent in a ticket with my launcher.log attached as recommended. Only that was two days ago. How long will it take till someone takes a look at that? I understand that you guys are rushed off your feet, I would just like to know when I can expect help.

Update: the support contacted me and fixed my problem. All I had to do was go to internet options, click on the connections tab and untick all boxes found under LAN-Settings. Then I redownloaded the game and everything worked. Maybe it might help you

Edited by diycraft

This horrifyinly irritating bug has yet again prevented me from playing Warframe. all of today. period. Will not allow me to enter the game, save for one exception this morning. Restarting comp to see if that takes any effect, but I"m about 98% sure that won't solve my problem. Sooo much irritation...if this isn't fixed soon they will lose a potentially valuable customer.