Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love It, But... Please Address This Issue

Viconaut

there are players that insist on SPRINTING through the entire lvl, leaving their team mates behind. which is fantastic if they want to play that way, but i dont think its fair that if one such person gets to the end of a level before the rest it should end the game for everyone else. you get 60 seconds to catch up to people like that and if you dont make it you dont get the rewards. some people like to poke around a bit, not to mention killing at least some of the baddies in various beautiful ways instead of sprinting past them. right now those people, myself included get to eat it and sprint with the people who apparently dont enjoy playing or lose our rewards for it.

EDIT and i do not mean, let me search every door and every locker/ nook and cranny and wait for me while i do it. i am not worried about that, i just mean deal with whatever is dished out enemy wise and explore whats on the way. im complainting about the people that sprint past all enemies and rooms as well and B line to the end 100% of the way stopping only when forced to and not even giving the others enough time to take care of the regular amount of enemies encountered

please fix this? why not just have it end the level for the person that makes it to the end if they want to get it over so fast and leave the rest behind since it is possible to solo them anyways.

Edited by Viconaut

Except...you do get the rewards...

If you want to spend forever and a day exploring every passage, make a private game...

Actually you dont get the rewards.

I was on the recieving end of this one time and because I was busy fighting through a horde of grineer I didnt get the credits or mods at the end of the mission.

Except...you do get the rewards...

If you want to spend forever and a day exploring every passage, make a private game...

i agree with shadow, if you want to farm you should create a private or solo game. i dont think theres anyother solution to the problem you have other than finding a group of players with the same play style as yourself or just asking your other players to slow down.

Actually you dont get the rewards.

I was on the recieving end of this one time and because I was busy fighting through a horde of grineer I didnt get the credits or mods at the end of the mission.

Idk about credits, but there has never been a time when I haven't gotten the mods I've looted regardless of making it to extract or not

the best way i found out to solve this is to remember the names of the people that stay with you exploring and add them as friends, then later you can invite them to private missions and honestly is the best way to farm if you cant do solo, spreading in private covers more terrain faster and they can tell you if they find resources you need

you dont, and im not saying search every nook and cranny and to wait for me while im doing it. i dont care about that, i just dont want to sprint through everything every room, every enemy. just a regular deal with what is dished out enemy wise and then move on

Edited by Viconaut

i agree with shadow, if you want to farm you should create a private or solo game. i dont think theres anyother solution to the problem you have other than finding a group of players with the same play style as yourself or just asking your other players to slow down.

How about the opposite? Why is it fair when 3 people are taking their time fighting to the end and one guy decides to be an impatient &#! and rush to the evac zone? Why is his time more important than 3 other peoples? That doesn't even make sense.

If you want to rush through the maps make a private game. It seems like that style of play is better suited for the lone wolf rushers anyways. I guess you can't leech boss kills in solo games though?

Edited by f3llyn

Eh, sometime's it's not worth it though, most levels are just gateways to get to boss levels and such

Ain't nobody got time fo dat

It does work both ways, sometimes you just gotta deal.

it's not going to happen every game.

Edited by DERebecca
Took out insult.

Exploring for mats and mods on normal missions is a waste of time anyways. You'll get more just running a defense mission like xini. There are a ton of crates in the map (more than you'll see on a regular mission) and the mission allows you to kill a lot more mobs per time spent which means you'll get more mods too. Don't know why people are acting all high and mighty because they like to waste time doing stuff less efficiently.

For credits, rushing levels for the mission reward is actually more efficient since you won't get much more relative to the amount of time you waste looting everywhere.

Edited by Aggh

Exploring for mats and mods on normal missions is a waste of time anyways. You'll get more just running a defense mission like xini. There are a ton of crates in the map (more than you'll see on a regular mission) and the mission allows you to kill a lot more mobs per time spent which means you'll get more mods too. Don't know why people are acting all high and mighty because they like to waste time doing stuff less efficiently.

For credits, rushing levels for the mission reward is actually more efficient since you won't get much more relative to the amount of time you waste looting everywhere.

all high and mighty for wanting to actually play the game? again im not saying sit around while i farm the whole map, im talking about the people that sprint past all of those enemies you are talking about dont do anything other than what is required to B line to the end. i just want a normal probably faster than some pace. killing the enemies that are encountered and having enough time to do it.

Eh, sometime's it's not worth it though, most levels are just gateways to get to boss levels and such

Ain't nobody got time fo dat

It does work both ways, sometimes you just gotta deal.

it's not going to happen every game, normal people get over it lol

Except for often as not it's just one person that is rushing. The one guy should have to deal with it, not the three other people. That's such an incredibly selfish way of looking at it.

A couple of suggestion to fix the issue. And it is an issue because we see more threads about it every day on here.

1 - don't start the timer until at least 2 people are at the evac zone

2 - don't start the timer for at least an extra minute if only one person is present at the evac zone, gives people even more time to get their

I think the solution for everyone here is that it work like defense missions; when a person reaches the end, they can leave and others can carry on as usual.

That's a good solution, too.

So the people who just want to play the game the way it was meant to be played are in the wrong here? What kind of backwards logic is that.

Edited by f3llyn

Jumped on the forums to flag this up.. glad to see someone else doesnt like to see speed running.

What attracted me to this game in the first place was the co-op and it is sad to see people rush off. Didnt really want to compare or mention left4dead but.. the one who runs off on their own, dies alone.

I think the solution for everyone here is that it work like defense missions; when a person reaches the end, they can leave and others can carry on as usual.

word, if you finish way before the rest you should be able to go on, and let the others finish at their own pace

So other should wait till you get your bum, while slowly moving and exploring every corner ? You have private games for that or solo. I actually have nothing to adress if a teamate does so, except if he is not holding data/artifact/prisoner. I rush forward obliterating everything on my path with melee. If you want to move slow - its your choise, I have nothing on this until it affects my gameplay.

Edited by Unibot

Well, I am dawdler. I guess the current system is good for the majority of the players who play with me because usually there are 2-3 other players waiting at the end. But I, like the OP, enjoy killing the enemies I encounter. And grinding the same level over and over again just because it is the best place to gain whatever is just no fun, even if I do it too. And I enjoy grinding. Just not in one place "all" the time.

It is quite difficult finding teammates who I think it is fun to play with.

Edited by Frendh

Idk about credits, but there has never been a time when I haven't gotten the mods I've looted regardless of making it to extract or not

He's talking about the bonus mod for completing a mission, not the mods you picked up during a mission.

I also agree with OP

there have bin stated lots of ways to fix this issue.

imo. doors remain closed till all players are within a cirtain distance of them.

And to you ppl charging ahead, why are you even playing multiplayer?

your always on your own

perhaps your brains are not yet evolved enugh, to understand that your ruining other ppls game experiance. Here ofc. im refering to the brain first bieng fully evolved at the age of 21. scientifically speaking.

the only reson i see for rushers to play multiplayer are the other players ressing them.

I for one never ress a rusher, as another poster wrote, you fight on your own you die on your own.

But all in all the fault lies with the game developers, for not countering this game runing mechanic.

Im sure this will fix it at some point, atleast if they dont want to loose playerbase :)

I also agree with OP

there have bin stated lots of ways to fix this issue.

imo. doors remain closed till all players are within a cirtain distance of them.

And to you ppl charging ahead, why are you even playing multiplayer?

your always on your own

perhaps your brains are not yet evolved enugh, to understand that your ruining other ppls game experiance. Here ofc. im refering to the brain first bieng fully evolved at the age of 21. scientifically speaking.

the only reson i see for rushers to play multiplayer are the other players ressing them.

I for one never ress a rusher, as another poster wrote, you fight on your own you die on your own.

But all in all the fault lies with the game developers, for not countering this game runing mechanic.

Im sure this will fix it at some point, atleast if they dont want to loose playerbase :)

All of those measures could be a abused and used to grief other players.

Actually, iirc there was a NIH study some years back that determined that the brain wasn't fully mature until the age of 25 :|

The game devs want to make a fast paced randomly generated instance base dungeon crawler. They implemented multiple things to help group people together. Laser doors activated by cameras, double doors that require two people to open, mobile defense missions, etc. etc. If you're still falling behind, it's not the games fault, it's your own.

Edited by Aggh

Who the F*** are you to say how the game is meant to be played?

Do you honestly think DE intended people to run by all the enemies on their way to the exit? If you absolutely have to do that why are you in multiplayer? Seems like you'd be better served going solo.

Edited by f3llyn

Freedom to play their way is the only reason users enjoy games.

No one wants to play a rigid system that someone says YOU MUST PLAY THIS WAY OR ELSE

Hence my original response of

Yeah, some people rush, you deal with it and get over it

But the only way it's ever really going to get resolved is allowing people who finish to leave the level like defense missions while others can stay behind

Edited by ShadowsCrush

Do you honestly think DE intended people to run by all the enemies on their way to the exit? If you absolutely have to do that why are you in multiplayer? Seems like you'd be better served going solo.

Nobody said that was the intended playstyle...

Do you honestly think that they inteded for you to kill everything in sight? There are infinite spawns based on how quickly you're progressing through the map and it deactivates areas behind you based on how you're progressing through the map. You're meant to push forwardthrough the map and complete the objective. It sounds like you would be better off soloing since you're likely dragging your team down.