Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love It, But... Please Address This Issue

Viconaut

Do you honestly think that they inteded for you to kill everything in sight? There are infinite spawns based on how quickly you're progressing through the map and it deactivates areas behind you based on how you're progressing through the map. You're meant to push forwardthrough the map and complete the objective. It sounds like you would be better off soloing since you're likely dragging your team down.

I never said any of that. And you're exactly right and the key word you used there is "push". Not skip.

I guess I'm just silly for wanting to actually play the game. But you have opened my eyes.

I'm still skeptical though. It seems like if you want to skip through playing the game you could just not play it at all.

Edited by f3llyn

Slower Warframes like Frost, Trinity and Rhino don't have much of a choice in the matter.Sure,the more experienced players know a few wallrun shortcuts throughout the level, but heavens me if you think they're capable of skipping or escaping mob spawns like a Loki or Ash can.

So other should wait till you get your bum, while slowly moving and exploring every corner ? You have private games for that or solo. I actually have nothing to adress if a teamate does so, except if he is not holding data/artifact/prisoner. I rush forward obliterating everything on my path with melee. If you want to move slow - its your choise, I have nothing on this until it affects my gameplay.

nah, again i dont want to explore every single nook and cranny as i said.... in the OP i just think its lame to not even have enough time to kill the normal amount of enemies encountered, once more, the people i am complaining about dont even stop for any enemies they just sprint on past until they hit a lazer wall.

Do you honestly think that they inteded for you to kill everything in sight? There are infinite spawns based on how quickly you're progressing through the map and it deactivates areas behind you based on how you're progressing through the map. You're meant to push forwardthrough the map and complete the objective. It sounds like you would be better off soloing since you're likely dragging your team down.

i get that, but killing NOTHING in sight and running past it just to get to the end probably wasn't intended either, why are there so many responses like this? no where in OP does it say "hey how come the other three people wont stop and let me farm forever" just asking for enough time to do the basics

What is the point of having a gun (or 2 guns) and a sword (or 2 swords) if you won't even use them?

There's absolutely no point to rushing through a level to the end at all.

I know how to suck it up. But the thing is there're just too many people like that. Even if I suck it up for 2 rounds, the next 3 rounds are the exact same thing. How do you expect me to suck up all that S#&$?

And talking about cameras, most rushers don't even care there are cameras pointed at them.

They rush forward, trigger a camera, leave 2 people stuck behind a laser door while that said rusher doesn't care/realise the camera is pointed at him.

I am playing warframe to shoot stuff, slash stuff and blow stuff up.

Not sprint through corridors ignoring everything that is thrown my way and get to the extraction point after completing the objective.

Edited by parkel

Some people think it's cool to be a ninja that wisks through the level, completing the objective right under the enemies nose and being gone before they realize it. The devs haven't said "this is how you should play the game", so it's really arrogant to make the claim on either side, it's also wrong until DE states such a thing, which they won't.

If 3 people are rushing through a level and you don't want to it's wrong to inflict your will on them, if 3 people are combing the level and you want to rush, you should't inflict your will on them. The solution shouldn't be a gameplay one, just get friends that play like you want them to. Don't ask for mechanics that can be abused just because you want the game to cater to how you play.

Some people think it's cool to be a ninja that wisks through the level, completing the objective right under the enemies nose and being gone before they realize it. The devs haven't said "this is how you should play the game", so it's really arrogant to make the claim on either side, it's also wrong until DE states such a thing, which they won't.

If 3 people are rushing through a level and you don't want to it's wrong to inflict your will on them, if 3 people are combing the level and you want to rush, you should't inflict your will on them. The solution shouldn't be a gameplay one, just get friends that play like you want them to. Don't ask for mechanics that can be abused just because you want the game to cater to how you play.

I do know that each person has his/her own particular playstyle.

But fact still remains that a rusher can potentially end the game for everyone by getting to the extraction point and staying inside it for a minute.

I'm not against group rushing. Fine if 3 people rush and I get left behind, it's my fault since I can't keep up.

But these group rushers usually kill everything in their way (hey, there's 3 armed and heavily armored soldiers!)

Solo rushing is what irks me the most. 1 person rushes to the extraction and get credit rewards and alert (?) rewards.

3 others get left behind, and if they don't get there by the minute, they get extracted anyway and don't get any rewards.

Thing is, where is the logic whereby you do nothing and rush to the extraction and get the rewards, while 3 others shooting everything up behind don't get a single reward?

For one, I don't see how implementing a system whereby anyone who gets to extraction can leave first be potentially abusive.

But for another, I can see that this goes against the lore of the game however, because the Tenno are supposed to come in and leave as a team.

First, I'd like someone to actually confirm that people that don't make it to extraction don't get rewards, and what rewards specifically they don't get. Second, "play with friends" is a viable answer here, if you want to pub, you're at the mercy of pubs.

Third, the mechanic you proposed would not help nearly as much as you think. People who rush would still push through, get the objective done without you, then leave. Without a 60 second timer stopping them this would encourage people dropping into game, rushing the objective and leaving. So not only would you and your friends not complete the objective yourselves, potentially missing any drops from bosses the rusher would kill, but there would be an empty slot in your game again. What if someone joins when the rusher leaves? Could they just run to extraction without any enemies in the way and get the mission reward? This is potentially exploitable in several ways and doesn't actually change people rushing in your games.

Another thing that people need to understand is that just because there are enemies in front of you doesn't mean rushers aren't killing. The game will continue to spawn enemies for you as well.

If you don't make it to extraction, you don't get the credits, on ? alerts you don'y get the alert reward, and on raid/capture/hostage missions you don't get the missions completion bonus mod.

You do get the reward for ? alerts even if you don't make to the end in time. Don't know why you're making up S#&$ about that.

Edited by Aggh

Another thing that people need to understand is that just because there are enemies in front of you doesn't mean rushers aren't killing. The game will continue to spawn enemies for you as well.

You do get the reward for ? alerts even if you don't make to the end in time. Don't know why you're making up S#&$ about that.

Yeah, it does spawn more enemies, but more often then anught when you do finally catch up to the rusher they are just running and not shooting at anything or killing any of the enemies while you are dealing with them to get a slower warframe through a bunch of heavy gunners that are in your way.

Also, yesterday there was an alert mission with a '?' reward, a rusher finished it while I was fighting a rather large group of enemies and I didnt get anything beyond a few mods that I had picked up. I got a friend to get on and he selected the alert and I went back in. When we finished it together I actually got the '?' reward which happened to be a rejuvination relic.

If I had gotten the reward the first time I would not have been able to get it a second time (and I have actually done runs of alerts multiple times with different groups to test this), as you only get the reward the first time you successfully complete the mission and claim the rewards.

Yeah, it does spawn more enemies, but more often then anught when you do finally catch up to the rusher they are just running and not shooting at anything or killing any of the enemies while you are dealing with them to get a slower warframe through a bunch of heavy gunners that are in your way.

Also, yesterday there was an alert mission with a '?' reward, a rusher finished it while I was fighting a rather large group of enemies and I didnt get anything beyond a few mods that I had picked up. I got a friend to get on and he selected the alert and I went back in. When we finished it together I actually got the '?' reward which happened to be a rejuvination relic.

If I had gotten the reward the first time I would not have been able to get it a second time (and I have actually done runs of alerts multiple times with different groups to test this), as you only get the reward the first time you successfully complete the mission and claim the rewards.

Lol, so since they aren't carrying you by killing everything in sight, it's their fault you're unable to deal with a handful of heavy gunners?

Edited by Aggh

Lol, so since they aren't carrying you by killing everything in sight, it's their fault you're unable to deal with a handful of heavy gunners?

I can deal with them just fine.

Its just I cant just dodge right past them with them standing in a door way and it does take me some time to take out 5 heavy gunners when I cant get close and melee them.

And the main issue is I would prefer to be able to get the '?' reward on a tough mission when I play as my Rhino, which even with Rush can just stay up with a normal group and has no chance to stay up with a speed runner, meaning I miss out on the reward.

I was in the alert for Physique yesterday and didn't make it to extraction, still got the reward.

Actually you dont get the rewards.

I was on the recieving end of this one time and because I was busy fighting through a horde of grineer I didnt get the credits or mods at the end of the mission.

You get the mod, you don't get the credits. I normally sit and wait the clock out on people who rush through on raid maps. I really don't know why if they plan to rush through without their team, why don't THEY MAKE A SOLO GAME. So they can wait the 60 seconds, I will take my time and pick up the mods on the ground while they only get 1.

Yea well it''s up to the I joined a Mercury Boss party they were speed running to base and well I stayed back killing things (since I had frost and I was slow) In the process i got 4 multishot mods and it made my day lol I did waypoint them but they didn't come to get them

You get the mod, you don't get the credits. I normally sit and wait the clock out on people who rush through on raid maps. I really don't know why if they plan to rush through without their team, why don't THEY MAKE A SOLO GAME. So they can wait the 60 seconds, I will take my time and pick up the mods on the ground while they only get 1.

Why would they care about mods when they can just go do a defense mission and get 30-50 mods?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the people who are defending rushers are probably rushers themselves.

Yes.

If you're playing coop (ie cooperative) and not cooperating (ie rushing and not waiting), you are just being rude. There is no excuse for you to not be doing it solo (or privately with other rushers) since you clearly don't care enough about other players to wait for them.

If you want to rush, ask, don't assume that that's what everyone wants to do (you're playing coop).

There is obviously a scale between the extremes where some people move quickly but get most drops, kill most enemies, and also wait/help each other - a nice balance if you will.

If you must rush through without killing anything or only what gets in your immediate way, then agree upon it and still stick together at the very least for boss runs or whatever. Otherwise, again, you should be doing solo - don't be an inconsiderate and selfish $&*^ (the opposite of cooperation).

Edited by Xen0sys