Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love It, But... Please Address This Issue

Viconaut

unless its a boss mission or something and you are rushing to get in, kill said boss and get out, i really dont understand the purpose or rushing. to get the least amount of money/mods/other loot possible? for a normal mission node though i really cant see any benifit to getting through a map faster than normal. getting to the next mission faster doesn't give you more money when you arent killing the enemies that drop the main source of loot in the game. whats the point? i really would like to know if anyone has an answer

If you don't like how somebody's playing, just restart your internet connection and you'll be put into solo mode without losing your mission progress.

Will this kick the rushers out of the game so they lose the mission ? if so that what I gonna start doing just before the rushers hit extraction =P For all the money I lost thx to them Its time for payback.

What would be helpful would be a filter. If all players could tag themselves with what kind of other players they want to play with and with what kind of players they do not want to play with, people would hopefully end up more often with likeminded people than not.

Then the speed runners can play with the speed runners and the dawdlers with the dawdlers. And people who do not care either way can play with everyone.

Why would they care about mods when they can just go do a defense mission and get 30-50 mods?

Because the vast majority of players are unable to get 30-50 mods on a defense mission. I am probably below average skill-wise, but I have still travelled about enough to say that there are a lot more players in the low lvl areas then there are on eris, sedna, europa etc.

Who the F*** are you to say that everyone should be forced to rush if they want to get the rewards because some asshat went to the evac zone?

Except I haven't said anything about how the game is meant to be played. People should be able to play as they like. You have a full minute after the rusher makes it to the end. That's plenty of time unless you're getting carried hard.

Edited by Aggh

Except I haven't said anything about how the game is meant to be played. People should be able to play as they like. You have a full minute after the rusher makes it to the end. That's plenty of time unless you're getting carried hard.

Well you are. You're saying the one person rushing gets to tell the 3 other people he's with how to play the game. Sounds completely fair.

If you want to rush, go solo. That mode is more suited to rushers anyways.

Edited by f3llyn

Well you are. You're saying the one person rushing gets to tell the 3 other people he's with how to play the game. Sounds completely fair.

If you want to rush, go solo. That mode is more suited to rushers anyways.

If you want to do only what you want, and you don't want to be subjected to the whims of others, go solo. It works both ways, and it's selfish to assert either concept on another person when you have the opion to both go solo or play with like-minded people.

If you want to do only what you want, and you don't want to be subjected to the whims of others, go solo. It works both ways, and it's selfish to assert either concept on another person when you have the opion to both go solo or play with like-minded people.

Except for it's not "only what I want". If one person rushes to the end while 3 people are fighting their way through the maps then how are the 3 people wrong?

You see threads complaing about rushers often. You don't see threads about people being to slow. A little food for thought.

I dont understand why you join a multiplayer game if your plan is to solo rush, is it to much to ask for theese lame speed rushers that has no care for having fun with their team and just think about how fast they can ''Get it over with''

Would it be too much to ask for a speed runners to go do it in Solo games, since most of us actually queue Online to play with others? -_-

And dont come tell me that your just way more efficient, cause to be frank a game is played to have fun if you wanna be efficient go out in the real world and do something beneficial...

Edited by Feddy

I really hate it when people rush through Corpus missions and leave the cameras undestroyed. THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR. SOLO MARATHON SPRINTING LOKI, I LOVE SEEING THAT AWFUL RED LIGHT AS I LAY FLAT ON MY &#!, MOCKING ME BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T SPEND 1 SECOND TO SHOOT THE DAMN CAMERA AND NO, I'M NOT BITTER OR ANGRY AT ALL!

Either let the rushers evac on their own and allow them to either wait at the sector screen for everyone else/leave and leech... I mean join someone else's squad, that way everyone can get to the evac on their own, or create a sort of Director AI who decides to really punish rushers. Wanna rush to the end? Fine, but now you've got swarms of heavy/special units and mooks all coming down on you hard, like at the stairs leading up to the extraction point itself and firing at you until you either die, time runs out (and I don't think it would during combat) or until everyone else gets there.

Now I don't rush, I take my damn sweet time. But really this is what you get when you play with random people. When you encounter people who don't rush shoot them a friend invite. Try to get a group together that you know you will enjoy playing with and just do private games with them. But really did something change with update 7? Cause I could swear you always got the rewards at the end of a mission wether you made it there or not.

I dont understand why you join a multiplayer game if your plan is to solo rush, is it to much to ask for theese lame speed rushers that has no care for having fun with their team and just think about how fast they can ''Get it over with''

Would it be too much to ask for a speed runners to go do it in Solo games, since most of us actually queue Online to play with others? -_-

And dont come tell me that your just way more efficient, cause to be frank a game is played to have fun if you wanna be efficient go out in the real world and do something beneficial...

I don't understand why you join a multiplayer game to go super slow, holding everyone back digging through lockers having no care for having fun blazing through the level with their team. Etc...

It goes both ways, you aren't right. You're just not, sorry. Saying the rushers are wrong is flat out wrong, and saying people who want to go slow is flat out wrong. Saying one is "fun" and the other isn't is just your opinion, don't inflict it on others. If you want to control how your game is played, there's a solo button and there's a friends list, use them.

I don't understand why you join a multiplayer game to go super slow, holding everyone back digging through lockers having no care for having fun blazing through the level with their team. Etc...

It goes both ways, you aren't right. You're just not, sorry. Saying the rushers are wrong is flat out wrong, and saying people who want to go slow is flat out wrong. Saying one is "fun" and the other isn't is just your opinion, don't inflict it on others. If you want to control how your game is played, there's a solo button and there's a friends list, use them.

Why do you join a multiplayer game just to rush off to be by yourself? Tell me in what way does that make sense? You're being purposefully dense to the situation. The common scenario is that 3 people are fighting their way to the exit and one guy rushes ahead on his own. *That* is the problem. If four people all decide to rush to the end then there is no problem. I'm not sure why it's hard for you to understand.

It makes logical sense to me that if your purpose is to get in and out of a mission as fast as you can then the best option to do that would be in solo mode. You don't have to rely on other people for anything.

Why do you join a multiplayer game just to rush off to be by yourself? Tell me in what way does that make sense? You're being purposefully dense to the situation. The common scenario is that 3 people are fighting their way to the exit and one guy rushes ahead on his own. *That* is the problem. If four people all decide to rush to the end then there is no problem. I'm not sure why it's hard for you to understand.

It makes logical sense to me that if your purpose is to get in and out of a mission as fast as you can then the best option to do that would be in solo mode. You don't have to rely on other people for anything.

that's not the most common situation. I rarely see any one person rushing off by themselves in the public games I play. It's much more common to see people rushing as a team with maybe one person that can't keep up or is wandering around/going slow/etc. I'm not being dense, and you've completely ignored my assertion, if you want to control how others play the game with you, you already have the tools to do so. Neither rushing or going slow is "right", just because you see 3 people with one rusher a lot doesn't mean it's a common problem, and it doesn't mean the person moving quick is wrong to do so. Play solo or play with friends if you don't like people going fast in your game.

If it's not a common problem then why do new threads about rushers pop up almost daily? Seems like it's at least an issue that DE might have to address sooner or later.

The threads are 1-3 people saying "it's a problem" and the rest of the thread people saying "Nah, it's not", or "Use solo or friends list", or "the ideas you have to stop it are bad and here's why..".

This isn't an issue that DE needs to address, if you don't like people that rush, don't play with people that rush. You have that option and if it bothers you so much, then use it.

The threads are 1-3 people saying "it's a problem" and the rest of the thread people saying "Nah, it's not", or "Use solo or friends list", or "the ideas you have to stop it are bad and here's why..".

This isn't an issue that DE needs to address, if you don't like people that rush, don't play with people that rush. You have that option and if it bothers you so much, then use it.

Think of it in this way: what if none of your friends are interested in Warframe (as is with my case)?

Then who do you find to play with?

You might tell me to add non-rushers (yes, I added quite a few of them), but they're not all online at the same time. At most 1 or 2 of these people online at any one time.

So who fills the missing slots? Public players.

Not to mention that most of the non-rushers I added are in different timezones (I'm in GMT+8) and half of them I've never seen them online after adding them.

Sometimes you just don't have a choice who you want to play with in a public game.

This is an issue DE needs to resolve.

Think of it in this way: what if none of your friends are interested in Warframe (as is with my case)?

Then who do you find to play with?

You might tell me to add non-rushers (yes, I added quite a few of them), but they're not all online at the same time. At most 1 or 2 of these people online at any one time.

So who fills the missing slots? Public players.

Not to mention that most of the non-rushers I added are in different timezones (I'm in GMT+8) and half of them I've never seen them online after adding them.

Sometimes you just don't have a choice who you want to play with in a public game.

This is an issue DE needs to resolve.

You haven't answered the two most important questions. Why, and how? I ask why, because you're still presuming that the people who rush are wrong for doing so, or that this hurts you in some way. Mechanically there's only one way it could hinder you, as it's been said and tested, you get the mission rewards either way. You don't get as many mods, but if your goal is just mods, defense missions are much, much better and those can't be rushed anyway. So again, why? Your answer is "Because that's not fun to me". Okay then, why not solo? Again, your answer will be "Because I don't want to solo and I shouldn't have to, they should have to play how I want". Rushing *is* fun to others, though, and if you impliment a system to punish them, you're taking their fun away so you can have yours.

Even if you navagate all that and you still somehow justify not being satisfied with soloing yourself or using the friend system, then comes the how. What system could you possibly come up with to let you play how you want in public games without punishing others for playing how they want? My assertion is that there isn't one, and many more people would complain about such a system as opposed to "I can't go slow and explore in a public action fps game".

Really the best solution to this is to find people you enjoy playing with and have a similar playstyle, and play with them whenever possible. Whether it's friends from outside the game or that you make by chance in the game, that is the best way to deal with it. If you like to rush and be efficient, find people like that. If you like to explore and take your time, clearing every room/mob, find people who play like that.

It's an online co-op game. Don't be afraid to try and make some friends.

Aside from that, I like the suggestion of letting people stay in the mission after the extraction timer if they want. Probably a good way to go about it. In fact, that's probably the only thing I would approve of, personally. Anything more restrictive then that would be a problem.

Edited by Lambchopzin

You have that backwards. Rushers should make private games.

Read. The. Thread.

Asserting the pub players are in the wrong (either for going fast or slow) is a really selfish perspective. It's already been said, if you want to control how others play the game with you, use solo or your friends list.

You haven't answered the two most important questions. Why, and how? I ask why, because you're still presuming that the people who rush are wrong for doing so, or that this hurts you in some way. Mechanically there's only one way it could hinder you, as it's been said and tested, you get the mission rewards either way. You don't get as many mods, but if your goal is just mods, defense missions are much, much better and those can't be rushed anyway. So again, why? Your answer is "Because that's not fun to me". Okay then, why not solo? Again, your answer will be "Because I don't want to solo and I shouldn't have to, they should have to play how I want". Rushing *is* fun to others, though, and if you impliment a system to punish them, you're taking their fun away so you can have yours.

Even if you navagate all that and you still somehow justify not being satisfied with soloing yourself or using the friend system, then comes the how. What system could you possibly come up with to let you play how you want in public games without punishing others for playing how they want? My assertion is that there isn't one, and many more people would complain about such a system as opposed to "I can't go slow and explore in a public action fps game".

Try soloing an infested mission on Pluto and see how well you do.

But according to you, there's no need for an argument at all since everyone is in the wrong here for wanting to play in their own style. Selfishness aside, I see no point in continuing to argue since everyone thinks he/she is right.

And yes, everyone is right and wrong in a way, since everyone is selfish for him/herself.

Edited by parkel

Try soloing an infested mission on Pluto and see how well you do.

But according to you, there's no need for an argument at all since everyone is in the wrong here for wanting to play in their own style. Selfishness aside, I see no point in continuing to argue since everyone thinks he/she is right.

And yes, everyone is right and wrong in a way, since everyone is selfish for him/herself.

You've been given a solution for playing with like minded people, the friends list. I've yet to hear a good argument why a potentially damaging mechanic should be included over using the friends list. And I do just fine on Pluto solo, especially if I invis and rush past the larger mobs, but that's enitrely irrelevant to the discussion.

From my personal experience I've never had an issue with this. Yes I am one of those players who rush through but only on boss levels, once you get to a certain point you know exactly where to go to get what you need. There are guides out there that suggest for example that defense missions are -not- a good way to farm credits, because you will be too busy fighting the mobs to collect the mods, or you cant find a good team.

This is clearly untrue, Io is one of the best farming missions for credits getting anywhere from 8-16 mods a run a good %age of them being warframe abilities so they are automtically rare can can be sold for 1000 a pop. If you're a good player and watch carefully, and mark mods for your team mates they will return the favor, and you have more then enough time to scower the area for mods that dropped between waves.

Essentially my point is, most people (like me) don't explore because we know where to get for what we need, so yes on boss lvls i rush to the boss down him and then rush to the extraction. Why? because I'm there for the boss's craft materials, blue prints only not mods.

Other stages I do them only to unlock to reach a specific stage aka Io, so everything previous to Io yes I rushed through, why? Because I knew IO is where I can get mods that sell 1000 a pop. There is a solo option in the game and a privet option in the game use it. I don't think players like my self should be subjected to play slow because others want to explore this logic goes both ways. I know what I want and I know where to get it so why would I waste my time being bored fighting the same mobs doing the same missions over and over when I know there are better places I can spend time exporing and wasting everything to farm.

Thats my two cent's and I'm sure many of the knowledgeable players will agree with me. Basically, those who know, know that not every mission is worth exploring and scowering for every single mob, every single container. There are only three types in the game corpus, infected, and grineer. There are specific missions to farm the hell out of these for mods and thats why most people rush through useless missions to get to the specific ones they want do repeatedly.

Edited by Ecchi

I really can't comprehen you people who defend rushers. You baffle me. I am shocked you exist.

Going through the tread, people have explained that rushes are people who don't kill, just past all enemies without a second thought.

And yet we still have people defending them, "why you slow, stop checking evey locker, etc".

And then those people who explained to these defenders, "We don't check every corner or locker" we just want get through the level at a normal pace without get stuck behind laser doors because of you". "Why don't you do this in solo without effecting anyone else. The results are exactly the same"

But for some odd reason, these "defenders" become selective readers all of a sudden and graze over these logically explainations that people are providing them.

This threads has tons of unrational explantions for rushers, but not a single logical one for rushers not to just go solo.

If you not going to shot a single bullet or swing your sword once, then seriously why multiplayer?

Edited by Spinner187