Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firerate Affected By Fps [Video Evidence]

rdmx

This video should say it all:

Framerate heavily affects the firerate of your weapons. Most noticable with fully automatic weapons. The higher your FPS, the faster you fire.

This is very important since there are a number of weapons which are low damage, high RPM. Unfortunately I did not own the Afuris to test. I'm sure the difference would have been even larger.

Reminiscient of the Planetside 2 bug... Thankfully this is a co-op game.

Previously reported here : https://forums.warfr...e__hl__firerate - got only 47 views, so was very likely ignored.

Edited by rdmx

I noticed that a lot of times as well with the Viper. Whenever my FPS drops below X FPS, the firerate drops as well. Kinda annoying.

I hope, this is fixable. I already thought about upgrading my rig, so that I have better FPS anyway.

I already thought about upgrading my rig, so that I have better FPS anyway.

The game chugs quite heavily on mobile defense no matter what hardware you throw at it - seems to be CPU bound and not using multi threading enough.

This is a known issue, and has been around for a while.

Seems like something which is fundamental to the game/weapon balance - it needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Edited by rdmx

The game chugs quite heavily on mobile defense no matter what hardware you throw at it - seems to be CPU bound and not using multi threading enough.

Actually I've checked with process explorer and it seems the game isn't even CPU bound. I suffer from massive fps issues and the game doesn't even use half of my CPU or even one core. Or half of my GPU for that matter.

Also, bad fps for me does not only affect firerate of automatic weapons but also causes (if it gets really bad) single inputs not being registered: you click 4 times with 60 fps and your pistol fires 4 times, you click 4 times with bad fps and its only 1-3 times.

Also, using powers or reloading seem to fail sometimes when the framerate does the cliffdiver.

i think it has something to do with tht way the game runs in the system (i too suffer the fps fire rate all the time), try this, set the game on windowed and reduce its size to whatever you like, you'll see a mayor performance improvement even though you can set full on graphics and it has to load all windows theme and all the rest

it's like something you'll expect from an 80's-90's game, but it shocked me when i found out, definetly something to look out on the future

This. I think it's premature to call this a hardware issue immediately. There are other indicators this build is in dire need of optomization.

They released a patch today (7.7) in response to this issue. I will test now

Tested, indeed they fixed the frame-rate issue, at least it works with me shooting from 30 fps and at 10 fps.

Edited by Naked

So this explains why my Gunslinger mod appears to do nothing. I also noticed the fire rate with gunslinger was working properly in a solo instance when I leveled up to rank 2, it was very night and day. I'm still using the base semi-automatic pistol with a rank 4 gunslinger mod, and was very confused why the fire rate didn't improve in coop missions.