Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Initial Impressions – Micro Transactions

markoxford

Mr Developers, I played Warframe for around 45mins before I decided to invest $100 in the game. I have been playing MWOnline, but the community is very fractured and polarized and it is getting hard to play against the organized teams without your own team mates, (which is difficult to manage if you can only drop in and out at irregular times).

Anyhow, I purchased my package and hurried into the Market to get a spend a whole bunch on goodies, weapons and candy J To my horror,(jk), there was not much that really caught my eye. I got the duel pistols and the fire swords and then when back to play for another hour or so. I had already put in a lot of effort to get my warframe up to a massive level5 and really didn’t want to start again with Volt.

My point,(at last!) – Warframe is certainly set up to encourage long term investments of time and effort. However, for the financial viability of the project, maybe there should be more immediate rewards for the newer players to spend cash on in the market. Please, please keep the ability to earn everything with in-game currency, (except maybe vanity items and slots), but a quick impressive, boost in weapons or upgrades would give you an income stream from new players that you might lose as their interest wanes in the long term or they move on to the next shiny object.

Anyway – just my humble opinion. Anyone else with comments, suggestions or feedback ??

Edited by DiceAndSlice

Sooo... If you could not only buy any item you want, but also buy it already lvl30 and with mods - where's incentive to play?

Also, I've spent 50 bucks and still got more than 500pt left - cause I mostly bought slots and colors, grinding for everything else is part of the game which allows for longer gameplay.

Edited by Dreamwalk3r

Please read my post before "Sooo"ing at me. I suggested that putting something "good" for the new player to purchase would help generate income before a casual player got bored. I did not suggest having "everything" to buy at the beginning was in any way a good idea. Leveling is good, long term is good, but not having anything to spend my Newbie founders cash on can't be good for developers.

Edited by DiceAndSlice

As you gain new weapons and warframes, you will eventually spend a lot of platinum on orokin catalysts/reactors for your weapons and warframe. While I can see how there doesn't seem to be much that you can do with platinum early on, I find that it goes away much quicker than you would imagine.

There needs to be more cosmetic items and if the devs can actually get a decent revenue from those items then they can move away from selling orokin reactors and slots. I feel like the biggest deterants in this game is the imposing cash shop(slots) and the lack of proper tutorial.

There needs to be more cosmetic items and if the devs can actually get a decent revenue from those items then they can move away from selling orokin reactors and slots. I feel like the biggest deterants in this game is the imposing cash shop(slots) and the lack of proper tutorial.

This. I will probably stop playing soon if I feel that I have to spend plat on slots or lose weapons/warframes with rank 30 (possibly even potatoed-up) once I run out of space or stop gaining player ranks. Right now I've still a few slots left, but that isn't going to last long. If I'm not forced to buy slots and the beta will progress smoothly (right now I'm with the guys who suffer from bad fps with better-than-recommended systems) I might invest in the game later on.

I don't really get the philosophy behind the slots being plat-only, either. Everything actually useful (and not fancy) is possible to get by playing. And it's not like the developers have a lot of dedicated servers that cost money, this being pretty much a peer-to-peer kind of game.

I think the slots being plat only is fair. I would like to see a storage system though for frames / weapons that are taking up space (maybe a credit cost for pulling it out / putting in). So, you really think about what you want to keep / store / pull out. Right now everything just uses up a slot and gets kind of annoying. (granted I just came up with the top of my head so, it might need work).