Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker's Immunity - How Much Is Too Much?

The_Traitor_Executioner

As I'm sure many of you have found out the hard way, Stalker has the (frankly inexplicable) ability to utterly no-sell any warframe ability thrown his way.  In my opinion, this is a problem, and here's why.

Firstly, I am not saying he shouldn't have a counter to skills like Invulnerability or Blessing.  These skills grant invincibility, and as such, they aren't really balanced against him - although some would argue that point too, given his hilarious accuracy and ridiculous damage output.  Yes, Stalker is supposed to be a Tenno killer.  Does that mean he should be immune to everything we can do?  No.  It doesn't.  

As it stands, it doesn't matter what kind of warframe you are when you fight him - because he's immune to all your abilities.  Somehow, he can see through Loki's holograms and invisibility, because magic.  Somehow, he can resist being knocked into the air by two thousand newtons of Rhino-driven force, because magic.  Somehow, he can resist being frozen by a blast of nitrogen or whatever it is Frost uses.  Because magic.

Let me use Loki's decoy as an example of an ability he shouldn't be able to see through.  His ability to no-sell abilities like Iron Skin, Freeze, Invisibility or Blessing could perhaps be explained with some effort.  After all, he could have found some artifact or learned some technique to dispel whatever energies of the Void gives the Tenno their powers.  Decoy, however, is not a result of such energies.  It's a hologram.  Light.  There's no way to distinguish the difference between the two Lokis unless Stalker can't see light, which is unlikely, in a word.

Another example would be - well, pretty much any of Vauban's abilities.  They are all purely technological, which means Vauban is probably a Technopath or something similar.  In other words, Stalker shouldn't really have any way to directly dispel his abilities.

What I am saying here is that Stalker being immune to all warframes is basically the equivalent of a fourth grader on the playground taking out his everything-proof shield.  It needs to be fixed so fighting Stalker gains some interest and tact other than "Run away from Stalker and shoot him with your Ogris while hoping he doesn't one-shot you through 1k+ shields, 500+ health, and 350 armor with his penis." 

Some of you will no doubt say that this will make him too easy.  Try to keep in mind that Stalker is not easy to your average, middle or low-tier player - he doesn't appear often, so it's hard to adapt to his tactics, especially when you are unable to use any of your abilities on him.  To people like you who are very far into the game, well-equipped, and know most of Stalker's tricks, he may not be much of a challenge if you use abilities - or perhaps he already isn't, even without them.  This is pretty much a natural consequence of him slamming his head against a metaphorical wall until the wall gets sick of his shenanigans and decides to show him some S#&$, though.  To an average player, though, he is a bulldozer, and they are a rock.

Some of you may also say that the only reason I posted this is because I think he's too hard.  This is also not true, because as I mentioned above, Stalker is and will always be easy once you have a 6-forma'd potato'd Ogris that can one-shot him.  You really can't extend his difficulty past a certain point.

Instead, try to make him actually fun to fight.  I believe another player suggested giving him the ability to engage the player in a melee-only duel, which I think sounds like a smashing idea - or perhaps he can challenge you to a go-cart race, and the loser must commit seppuku to preserve his or her honor.  I don't know.  Anything would be better than what we've got going on now - he has the potential to be a legitimately fun and challenging miniboss, but making him into a very angry brick wall on legs is not the way to go about it.

Please don't give Stalker an everything-proof shield, DE. 

maybe he knows how your tricks work and as such can counter them.

or being  a frame on its own he has some sort of jamming for orokin tech.

i think i know where this is going, and no you cant 1 hit stalker with M.Prime not now not ever hes a hunter semi boss not a dang grineer lancer

maybe he knows how your tricks work and as such can counter them.

or being  a frame on its own he has some sort of jamming for orokin tech.

i think i know where this is going, and no you cant 1 hit stalker with M.Prime not now not ever hes a hunter semi boss not a dang grineer lancer

The thing is that there are some tricks he has no logical way of countering, such as Vauban's grenades. 

you actually can cloak with loki against the stalker... you just cant use most abilities in his face

you can cloak if you run the hell away from him

you can use snowglobe at long range

you can actually bounce him from long range also but it does nout to him since he ragdoll proof

there is also other abilities that can do stuff also

Stalker doesnt even needs to be affected by any power. He is made out of glass already.

Look at him this way, he maybe is having evolved frame that is immune to all frame powers. Or he might tweaked Excalibur frame to be immune. Millions of possibilities, "space magic" is worst of them.

The Stalker has been studying you and has equipped countermeasures, perhaps you should do the same if you want to beat him. It's been such a long time since The Stalker has hurt me. Keep moving and use cover and he is a creampuff.

Edited by SexyTRex

The Stalker was of the Orokin Guard, but not as high as the Tenno.

Now, I'm pretty sure that a psycopathic villain/vigilante such as the Stalker would have a good amount of knowledge on the Tenno and their Warframes (like how they work) and would therefore know how to keep us from using our powers against him. 

Stalker doesnt even needs to be affected by any power. He is made out of glass already.

Look at him this way, he maybe is having evolved frame that is immune to all frame powers. Or he might tweaked Excalibur frame to be immune. Millions of possibilities, "space magic" is worst of them.

Stalker now is too easy, with your suggestions it would be even easier. And Yes I did read your post.

Stalker as he is now is a weakling... the Stalker from back around December was awesomesauce

He is not supposed to be a mob you can ignore while you continue to look for oxygen

The Stalker has been studying you and has equipped countermeasures, perhaps you should do the same if you want to beat him. It's been such a long time since The Stalker has hurt me. Keep moving and use cover and he is a creampuff.

The Stalker was of the Orokin Guard, but not as high as the Tenno.

Now, I'm pretty sure that a psycopathic villain/vigilante such as the Stalker would have a good amount of knowledge on the Tenno and their Warframes (like how they work) and would therefore know how to keep us from using our powers against him. 

I am getting the overt impression that none of you read my post all the way through.  

Some of you will no doubt say that this will make him too easy.  Try to keep in mind that Stalker is not easy to your average, middle or low-tier player - he doesn't appear often, so it's hard to adapt to his tactics, especially when you are unable to use any of your abilities on him.  To people like you who are very far into the game, well-equipped, and know most of Stalker's tricks, he may not be much of a challenge if you use abilities - or perhaps he already isn't, even without them.  This is pretty much a natural consequence of him slamming his head against a metaphorical wall until the wall gets sick of his shenanigans and decides to show him some S#&$, though.  To an average player, though, he is a bulldozer, and they are a rock.

As for the other things you're saying - I don't buy that.  I don't buy that he has a magical everything-proof suit or shield - and or do I think he needs one just because you think he's "too easy."   Hek, if he can magically no-sell our powers by studying us, give us the ability to ignore all of his abilities when we've scanned him enough times.  

Edited by DergyDergon

• 3 months later...

I have read all posts and I agree and disagree in some points.

The Stalker can interrupt skills like Iron Skin. And he should be able to do this since he is (or was) a Tenno with own abilities, Dispel is one of them (Ability for a Tenno hunter). If not, I could just walk around as Valkyr and use my Hysteria when he appears - Stalker dead. No, this would not be good. He has to keep his "Oh F*** lights are flickering, noooo!!" feeling.

What I agree with DergyDergon is that he shouldn't be immune to offensive abilities like Venom. If you try to get your spore on him, he just taunts you with "Your TENNO powers are useless!" and keeps attacking his victim. I dont know if you can damage him with AoE abilities like Miasma, but if you can, it doesn't make sense. It's not like the Stalker is made from untargetable light, carrying a Dread. If I want to block his shield recharge with Venom, his shield recharge shall be blocked. (Saryn demands justice :P)

...wait.

I just realized: You can't damage yourself or your team with your abilities, as well as the Stalker. And he is a Tenno. The misterious fifth member of your squad. And maybe under the status effect of Radiation (enables you to teamdamage) that hides under the black smoke! OMG, that explains everything! :D

I just realized: You can't damage yourself or your team with your abilities, as well as the Stalker. And he is a Tenno. The misterious fifth member of your squad. And maybe under the status effect of Radiation (enables you to teamdamage) that hides under the black smoke! OMG, that explains everything! :D

mind-blown.jpg

I don't really see any problem with Stalker really. When I see him I just easily melee kill him. Only problem with me and him is his spawn rate and, dear god, his drop rate.

And since this guy is an "assassin" I don't see why he shouldn't have a best of the best abilities against his target. I also never find dispel too much of a fuss when I would be just quickly killing him and even if you can't deal damage to him you can easily dodge his attack (yes I mean it), it's just having hard time seeing him is the problem.

Edited by -JHL-

Tenno powers come from the void. Stalker has a rare Orokin-built void jammer. Or something.

It's not like he's immune to bullets or anything.

Edit: 2000 newtons is only about 200 pounds of force...I'm sure rhino stomps way harder than that

Edited by vaugahn

My only problem with Stalker is that he can quickly put up and pop Absorb, which apparently has such a high base damage it one-shotted my friend.  A wide-range AOE when he can teleport and move pretty fast with high damage seems kinda silly to me.

My only problem with Stalker is that he can quickly put up and pop Absorb, which apparently has such a high base damage it one-shotted my friend.  A wide-range AOE when he can teleport and move pretty fast with high damage seems kinda silly to me.

Good thing is to move from him when he pops Absorb.

Good thing is to move from him when he pops Absorb.

Duh, but kinda hard when the second you see him go into Absorb, you try to move away, and he auto-pops it, killing you instantly.

I only saw this happen once, so I think it might've just been an AI bug, but still, silly.

Its not his sturdiness which is exaggerated, its his damage output and stunlocking. This is no challenge, this is unfair and no fun. Either you kill him before he even spawns completely, or you get shrek'd so hard.

Maybe we should give him his own doge.

I bet DE would make his doge lephantis-like.

3 heads, each 1 shotting you. 3 times. And your kubrow.

Edited by Grulos