Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Is Not A Space Ninja Game] (Imo) Warframe Needs To Be Reworked

Jokyma

First of all we are doing everything over and over again! we kill and run there is no story about everything we just go to the map and kill and run and kill all over again, Warframe is fun for the first week only i've been playing since cbt i see no change except new weapons,Warframe and maps only.

Warframe really need a story mode to keep it going since there is no pvp and stuff the stealth gameplay is bad and cocky you don't really feel you are sneaking in the shadows except standing beside the blind enemies that walked past you.

If Warframe is meant to be a fast paced game there is no need to be called space ninjas, ninjas are supposed to be hiding in ceillings, shadows and under the enemies killing them silently, what i see in warframe is a hack and slash game only, the only quiet range weapon is your bow all the rest is a gun with no silencer "seriously?" ninjas with no silencer? what are the devs thinking.

If Warframe is a ninja game there is no need a Health mod or Shield at all if you are a ninja since you are suppose to be quiet and deadly and theres no need to tank at all, whats the point of being called a ninja when you just tank and slash all the way?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weapon (IMO)

Heavy weapons? you are a ninja you are suppose to be speed light slashing speed and you bring a giant axe to silent kill the enemy?

Heavy machine guns? a ninja carrying a big gun and suppose to be stealth? I prefer you go rambo mode

The weapons are so loud whats the point of being stealthy? execept for melees

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Warframe (IMO)

The Rhino? my favourite BUT he is a tanker? a big assed ninja?! seriously?

The rest are okay

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Maxed Redirection and Vitality EG.

Oh i still have about 1k shield and health come and shoot me all you want as if i will die.(Tennos view)

Surround the tennos ! and fire! after 2 mins of shooting the tenno got away with no health damaged(Grineer/corpus view)

Like whaaat? you get what i mean? come on there is not a need for shield and health mod you are a ninja! its supposed to be a hard thing to be a ninja. What we are now is tanking without giving a s***

on that last part, we don't need shield and hp?lol

20 grineer in front of you shooting at 30 fire rate, 50 damage each bullet,c'mon man do some pluto or something that is when you need hp and shield mods.

And about that space ninja think, they said that is the idea they begun with and now they are expanding to increase the fun of this game.

Cause if they don't then they won't be able to get past 5-6 warframes :/

and will automatically go bankrupt.

https://forums.warfr...8-warframe-faq/

>What about a Cover system? What about Stealth? (I'm a ninja, there should be stealth!)

We love cover systems but for Warframe we felt it sacrificed mobility and simplicity too much. Our coming updates continue down this path even more so, emphasizing the agility and speed aspects of the ninja. We hope to convince you this is a better path for Warframe and that slow and tactical, although great on its own, just doesn't fit well with Warframe. As far as stealth goes: we're with you. We have started on this path with Warframe powers (like Ash and Loki), critical bonuses for charged melee attacks on unaware enemies and perception changes when crouching. We are exploring some very cool stuff for stealth that I will talk about once it is in better shape.

Heh. I agree some variation in levels would be nice, it is effectively run, shoot, slice. There is so many ways you can run shoot and slice though it's pretty nice.

I think map variation would be key. We still have plenty of room for desert and lava maps.

Also PVP would be a nice thing to have for a bit of variation I am not a needy $#*(@.

If you disagree this topic of being a ninja why did the devs even think of making the game able to play stealth? why don't they just make it a game like cod or battlefied? its called space ninja that does't make you a rambo, its just that you are in space being a ninja

Im rank 5 already i already cleared every planet i know how that feels about tanking and stuff but being a ninja isn't supposed to be a tanker from the start. thats why i believe warframe needs to be reworked if they want to called it a space ninja game

Im rank 5 already i already cleared every planet i know how that feels about tanking and stuff but being a ninja isn't supposed to be a tanker from the start. thats why i believe warframe needs to be reworked if they want to called it a space ninja game

Being a Ninja doesnt always mean to be stealthy. Ninjas are masters of the weapons too. So There is your "ninja" style. no need to rework. You think just because your a space ninja does mean you have to sneak around every corner. Thats simply not true.

Edited by Venarge

Tell me about it have you played tenchu? are you supposed to go haywire like rambo in tenchu? what are they doing? stealth they hide in places and wait for the right moment to strike thats stealth and playing as a ninja. unless you called is a space samurai i have nothing else to say

Tell me about it have you played tenchu? are you supposed to go haywire like rambo in tenchu? what are they doing? stealth they hide in places and wait for the right moment to strike thats stealth and playing as a ninja. unless you called is a space samurai i have nothing else to say

Who gives a single f**** about other games. This game was supposed to the way it is.

Venarge yes warframe has its good point, don't call it space ninjas if you are just going to play without thinking whats ahead of you but just charging and shoot and slash everything. and im just stating facts about playing as a ninja and stealth. and im not complaning for no reasons i love the game it is, but the stealth and being called as a ninja just does't fit into the game if you are supposed to charge all the way

Would you like to see how a modern day ninjas dresses? Look in your dresser or closet, there. Ninjas were assassins hired to kill political figures, merchants, etc. However, they disguised themselves as normal peasants and even worked those jobs like maid, farmer, or bodyguard to keep close to their target without arousing suspicion. The weapons used were very simplistic, a short bladed weapon, or a farming instrument with a ball and chain attached to wrap around your arm and plunge the sharp tool end into your chest. Ninjas were stealthy not like in Tenchu, but more like spies during World War 2 or the Cold War, no slinking about aside from getting away, but blending into the crowd.

Warframe is more like the Ninjas Gaiden kind of Ninja, and if that means getting a quad-barreled shotgun that feels like straight out of Doom 1 while running across a wall and blowing a few robots with machineguns away, then so be it.

Heavy weapons? you are a ninja you are suppose to be speed light slashing speed and you bring a giant axe to silent kill the enemy?

For your own eduction i will show you what ninja or shinobi have been in the past

"Shinobi" redirects here. For other uses, see Shinobi (disambiguation).

For other uses, see Ninja (disambiguation).

Drawing of the archetypical ninja, from a series of sketches (Hokusai manga) by Hokusai. Woodblock print on paper. Volume six, 1817.

A ninja (???) or shinobi (???) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan who specialized in unorthodox warfare. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations.

(( OPEN COMBAT IN CETAIN SITUATIONS ))

Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat. The shinobi proper, a specially trained group of spies and mercenaries, appeared in the Sengoku or "warring states" period, in the 15th century, but antecedents may have existed in the 14th century, and possibly even in the 12th century (Heian or early Kamakura era).

In the unrest of the Sengoku period (15th–17th centuries), mercenaries and spies for hire became active in the Iga Province and the adjacent area around the village of Koga, and it is from their ninja clans that much of our knowledge of the ninja is drawn. Following the unification of Japan under the Tokugawa shogunate (17th century), the ninja faded into obscurity, being replaced by the Oniwabanshu body of secret agents.A number of shinobi manuals, often centered around Chinese military philosophy, were written in the 17th and 18th centuries, most notably the Bansenshukai (1676).

By the time of the Meiji Restoration (1868), the tradition of the shinobi had become a topic of popular imagination and mystery in Japan. Ninja figured prominently in folklore and legend, and as a result it is often difficult to separate historical fact from myth. Some legendary abilities purported to be in the province of ninja training include invisibility, walking on water, and control over the natural elements. As a consequence, their perception in western popular culture in the 20th century was based more on such legend and folklore than on the historical spies of the Sengoku period.

Edited by Stew360

By the time of the Meiji Restoration (1868), the tradition of the shinobi had become a topic of popular imagination and mystery in Japan. Ninja figured prominently in folklore and legend, and as a result it is often difficult to separate historical fact from myth. Some legendary abilities purported to be in the province of ninja training include invisibility, walking on water, and control over the natural elements. As a consequence, their perception in western popular culture in the 20th century was based more on such legend and folklore than on the historical spies of the Sengoku period.

OOOOOHHHH!! Warframes!

To be a ninja is the same as a assasin you are the intelligence of the mission you are in, you try to avoid as much as possible to the mission you are given to, thats where stealth comes in. but what we are looking in warframe is a total diffrent thing, you hardly see players avoid enemies instead they just run to thier faces and shoot them. if warframe is supposed to be a ninja gaiden style then why would they support stealth to be in the game? if stealth is in the game theres no need to call it a fast paced game anymore since stealth takes away your time hiding and waiting for enemy to go to the right spot.

@OP: Well, you can always decide to go stealth if you wish. Grab a Warframe with tactical powers for avoiding detection, a Paris, and a good secondary for situations in which everything gets FUBAR. Oh, and of course a good melee weapon to match the whole "stealth approach" thing, although it doesn't really matter I think when you are assassinating your enemies from behind or from a distance.

To bring you a practical example, I almost managed to do the whole Vor assassination mission without ever being spotted, except for the last room when I f***ed things up and a sawblade finally managed to call for reinforcements - but by that time I was already on the escape pod. Well, not that Mercury is THAT difficult, trying to go stealth on such an easy level is nothing impressive. But still, it's good practice, and it's quite difficult to one-shot your enemies on harder levels, which is basically what you want to prevent them from ever reacting, or calling for help.

Sorry if this doesn't really answer to your question, but since you stressed out the importance of the stealth factor (or at least, you seemed to be doing that), I wanted to share this.

Each game has its own flavour. Real stealth game has an extremely different mehanics and flavour which doesn't really suit an online game. Look at Warframe and compare it to MGS, Thief, or Tenchu isn't a good way to make comparison since these stealth game require patience and lots of skill to play them properly.

Warframe, on the contrary, put stealth element in the backseat and rather let player enjoy a fast paced action. It's easier to access the audience this way than the true stealth game. it's fast paced slash&shoot action game. It's Warframe's flavour.

i understand how warframe works, overall im just giving my op as stated, i still think it does'nt suit warframe to play stealth as it is more exicting then normal gameplay, cause you are alert at all time to prevent from being alerted, if the devs supports stealth i think it can't be called a fast paced game anymore, not everyone likes stealth gameplay, but if they added it some might play stealth and some just go rambo around. which has no team work at all. its a diffrent gameplay scenario already. i would prefer the warframe devs to focus on one way gameplay though

You know.. sometimes you get those noobs who just rush and die. And sometimes you get the overpowered players, who can walk up to an enemy and say "We be commandeering this here ship so either leave in one piece or leave in two.. or more.." Sometimes, you want to be an rollie pollie and w+shift+shift your way through a mission as long as the game doesn't screw me over and give me stairs, edit: heck stairs cant even stop me.

I can still wall run. I can still charge attack an enemy before they notice I'm right behind them. I can still go through a whole mission with the alert never going off. Just because something doesn't suit you, doesn't mean it isn't a viable style of gameplay. I just wanna PVE my way. I was a space ninja at age 2 and I still am a space ninja. It's been with me for so long, I can't see myself as anything other than a space ninja. Just because I have a bulky build doesn't mean I can't be a space ninja. Sure I have more hp than the average ninja and take up more volume and can absorb more bullets... I can still be ninja. Ninja isn't something that the game puts into you. Ninja is a way of life. YOU are ninja. The game is just there to be ninja in.

Edited by Stygi

To be a ninja is the same as a assasin you are the intelligence of the mission you are in, you try to avoid as much as possible to the mission you are given to, thats where stealth comes in. but what we are looking in warframe is a total diffrent thing, you hardly see players avoid enemies instead they just run to thier faces and shoot them. if warframe is supposed to be a ninja gaiden style then why would they support stealth to be in the game? if stealth is in the game theres no need to call it a fast paced game anymore since stealth takes away your time hiding and waiting for enemy to go to the right spot.

Warframe is about popuiar culture ninjas. You know, "flip out and kill everything" ninjas? Hollywood ninjas who spend all their time doing flashy magic and getting into fights?

Also how are you going to make a co-op, f2p stealth based game work? I'm seriously intrigued because it's so easy for one bad player to screw everyone in stealth based games.