The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That Moment You Realized "damn, Melee 2.0 Is Actually Pretty Damn Cool"

Buddhakingpen

So i've gotten in maybe 15 or so hours of melee 2.0 in, and I along with most of the community was impressed with the damage that melee could do now, but was not pleased with the random drop chance of all the stances. 

Even after getting a couple of stances i thought it was more of a novelty so i ignored it. Then i was getting bored during a survival mission and pulled out my ankyros and charged headfirst at 2 bombadier and their crew. I blocked every bullet getting shot at me, strafed the rockets, then did the dragon uppercut combo. 1 bombadier flies in the air from the uppercut, the entire mob drops to the ground from the ground slam part of the combo, then my oberon uses reckoning, lifts them all up, and slams them all down at the same time, then runs to finish off the last bombadier with a ground finisher

oh yeah and the second moment was when i found out that you control when block strafing happens by turning off sprint. mind was blown

it all flowed so damn well. I see what DE is doing now... I get it. I'll never say another bad thing about this company lol

you can block grineer heavies ground pound and shield lancers shield bash.

NO WHERE IS SAFE

You can actually Parry the shield bash, opening them to a "finisher" kill animation.

It's amazing. I play an Excal built solely for melee, and have no problem soloing T2 void missions with a non-forma Nikana.

Counter-kills on parry and bullet deflection are amazing, as are the stun/stagger multi-hit combos.

Warframe is now in my top 5 favorite games of all time.

When I realized that ground-stab finishers deal damage to ALL enemies under the point. Also, almost all weapons can hit multiple enemies in one strike now.

Also it's been said already but blocking has become the single most useful and perfect addition to the game. Every swing must now be calculated, every attack worth it.

Melee 2.0 is love.

Melee 2.0 is life.

I would always use melee 2.0 if it wasn't for the rare situation that calls for a pistol like a Vay Hek boss, or high flying enemies. Wish I can just Super jump onto Vay Heks Turkey body and just do downward angled combos.

When I first played it. I wasn't really 'meh' at all. I knew it was going to be nice.

The only reminder I had was when I covered a teammate from intense gunfire with my Bo block as we pulled back. I hope the blocking never changes. Adds so much to the game. Them sounds. Oh and blocking rockets and flamethrower. Very useful.

When you can perform clean sleath kills with channeling

when the Bo has been made viable ( looking forward to bo prime) 

when you can block things it gives you so much POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

2mhh0er.jpg

Edited by Deidaku

The first hint I got was when I first threw my Ether Reaper in front of me and sliced three Crewmen in half.

But the true moment was getting the Iron Phoenix stance on my Jaw Sword and doing a Dark Sector Survival versus Infested on Earth with nothing but that sword. Especially once I found out you can block the Ancient's knockdown attacks now.

I used to mainly use melee against the Infested anyway. But now it is so much more fun!

When I started using Fury + Berserker combo on Dragon Nikana with default stance (aka stance-less). It's just...dirty.

Imagine tidal wave of several dozen infested coming at you and then being chopped in bits in several seconds...and they just keep coming and dying and coming and dying...

I've been racking up 2.5x multiplier in several seconds. xD

Meeling stuff now brings some sort of wierd feeling of satisfaction, something you never feel by just shooting at enemies...and I love it.

When I found out the melee 2.0 is in fact fine swordsmanship and not mindless hacking and slashing.

After almost 1000 hours of play, I can clearly say this is the best thing in this amazing game.

Absolutely LOVE it!

DE, I tip my sword to you.

When you can perform clean sleath kills with channeling

when the Bo has been made viable ( looking forward to bo prime) 

when you can block things it gives you so much POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

2mhh0er.jpg

I get my new Nikana from the Foundry, but it smells. Smells like POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! ^^