Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki, Rhino, Or Ash

Derakien

Question

hello! I rather find close combat amusing and i'd like to know which of these three would be the ideal warframe. I can live with the rhinos tanky personality, hacking and slashing everything like a boss, but the ash's and loki's stealth abilities can give them huge amounts of crits (well correct me if I'm wrong :D), and I LOVE CRITS >:-D. furthermore, i'd also like to know which'd be more viable between the loki and ash warframes in terms of close combat, considering both of them are fully modded.

TL;DR

so for close combat havoc should i choose the a.)tank(rhino) or b.)CRITters(loki and ash)

if (b) then which of the two?

9 answers to this question

I'd personally say Rhino. From my experience with the Frame, he has incredible survivability so long as you drop even a basic Shield mod on him. Combine that with a high damage and/or high speed weapon and you're set. For maximum fun, grab the Furax, drop a Fire Rate on it, then run around shouting "ATATATATATATATATATATA!". Bonus points if you get the reference.

well, rhino and ash are so awesome (ash espicialy since i have been using it for a long time now it's only proplem is the bladestorm (ultimate) sometimes it just targets two enemys )

but one thing for sure NO LOKIS

Edited by ACE6

Didn't have any experience with rhino or ash. Have loki and using melee dual skana charge. Loki is fast, so I sprint charging and one shot with charged cleave. Loki's shields and health also armor are low. So you need huge boost to shields and avg to health to survive in melee, don't bother with armor. Even with boost due to mods loki is still no match for rhino in sustaining damage, but you don't need to. Run - charge - run - charge - repeat. Lokis stealth is simular to rhino invurnability, but only do direct hits excluding aoe. So toxic ancients can kill you in stealth without even hitting you with poison aoe.

With rhino your can swing any melee weapon, even slow. With loki you can't. You must be quick, and you must know that when you are near enemy - your attack is fully charged, cause interrupts of these with loki can be fatal. If you want direct comparison to wow then loki is rogue and rhino is warrior.

Loki has no direct damage ability, his stealth is both his dps boost and his survivability in dangerous situations. His decoy helps him to dish damage unhurt, but still lots of aoe damage from toxic ancients.

Also rhino has direct damage abilities, so not sure if loki can outdamage rhino.

I LOVE my Loki. Im soloing a lot and with the long Invisibility Duration and the guaranteed Melee Crits it is a beast.

The invisibility is also great for Teamplay. You can use it for safe ressing someone or hacking a Console.

However, you are quite squishy with only 75 Base Shields and Health. if you are more the "always melee" guy Rhino might be better with the increased stats(more armor aswell).

well, rhino and ash are so awesome (ash espicialy since i have been using it for a long time now it's only proplem is the bladestorm (ultimate) sometimes it just targets two enemys )

but one thing for sure NO LOKIS

Agreed. Most of the time I end up having to scrape dead Lokis off the ship's hull. Not a fun time, I assure you.

With Loki - Had a rough time at the beginning with only 75 HP and shields but after upgrading the two and more i've been able to solo everything (including all bosses) except for some Grineer/Corpus defense missions

Edited by Iapetus

Rhino with dual axes are awsome. Super fast melee and get gun that keeps up. I have tried out most of the frames, and the top 5 I like are the Prime (cuase I paid for it), rhino (Lots of health), frost (Just really cool looking and fast), ash (Fast and uber ninja), and trinity (She can heal).