Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.6: Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

+1 great way to put perspective on the game. Why can't people just be happy the finally implemented some passive upgrades?

I for one, am happy about the passives, see you just tossed me in a group that probably doesn't exist or has very few users apart of it.

I want them to keep passives, I want them to nerf or remove the mods though.

why not give some pasives to weapons ?! mainly ammo/ clip - those wont hurt the mod system

Yes, why don't we give them dmg and random chance for elemental dmg as well? There's 8 slots and 60 points to fill, weapons are more then fine where they are.

-LJ

why not give some pasives to weapons ?! mainly ammo/ clip - those wont hurt the mod system

Yep. We are looking at this as well, though it isn't as clear...

For those worried about top-end difficulty, boy oh boy, just wait. RELEASE THE VOLTRON NERVOS!

Seriously though, the top end curves are going to get adjust on AI. It was the low-end squishy and the fact that those two Mods were make-or-break that make the 10 warframe mod slots really 8 in practice.

Because it makes it more viable to play without using a Vitality card, which means you get an extra mod slot freed up to put something else there instead. Anyone who thinks this makes the game "too easy" can do the same. Remove Redirection and Vitality cards now that you have some passive health + shield + energy.

This right here... now my Saryn will be rocking Flow, Streamline, Focus, Continuity, and instead of vitality and redirection I'm putting in Rush and Marathon. Same goes for my Trinity and Nyx. Going to love being a speedy caster now.

I dont support the health, and shield increase, because:

-I just made a solo run (with Loki) on a 35+ level map, and nearly melee'd all the enemies. Even if i get knocked down by a shielded grneer, i dont have the fear to die, because they cant chew trough 375 shield and 225 health fast enough.

I like the energy increase, because:

-As we level up, we gain access to use higher level skills, that requires more energy to use, and you have the feeling that you are evolving. Higher level characters have more chance to form the battlefield.

Some small hotfixes today

Health, Shield, and Power Max stats will now passively increase with level.

so does this mean that i lost these mods(gaining more mod slot capacity) and instead just get more health ranking up? if yes then i guess that i got more mod slot space, YAY, but is it on warframe rank or level rank?

EDIT: wow i lost a level in my vitality mod? i used to have 200% now i have 160%. why? or is it that i still have the same amount of health(only lost level in this mod) with this ''passive leveling''?

Edited by TheSuperTaco

Warframe rank

so does this mean that i lost these mods(gaining more mod slot capacity) and instead just get more health ranking up? if yes then i guess that i got more mod slot space, YAY, but is it on warframe rank or level rank?

Based on Warframe rank. You still have your mods.

For those worried about top-end difficulty, boy oh boy, just wait. RELEASE THE VOLTRON NERVOS!

Seriously though, the top end curves are going to get adjust on AI. It was the low-end squishy and the fact that those two Mods were make-or-break that make the 10 warframe mod slots really 8 in practice.

One bunch of troll balls coming right up!Cant wait to see speedruners with that and improved AI :D

At first I was really excited about finally getting passives, checked Loki first: went from 75 hp/shield to 225 hp/shield and I thought well that's legit that's about a 150 increase, makes sense... then I checked my ash which was 150 hp/100 shield and now it's 450 hp/300 shield... erm... wait... what? and just to check with my mag which isn't 30 yet it would appear that the math is leading to 450 shield/ 225 hp from 150 shield/75 hp... so rather than doing a static passive (which would lead to more balance amongst the frames given some dramatically different starting points) DE appears to have gone the route of just giving +200% at rank 30 which just compounds the issue and makes the frames that were strong before much stronger. This is definitely not a good route to take. If all the frames had gotten a flat +150hp/shield I don't think we'd be seeing such a big problem and there wouldn't be this huge disparity which has just been made worse.

Is there a max shield capacity now? Because of the passive leveling, my defualt shield capacity on my warframe is now 450. When I attach a mod that increases my shield capacity by 200% (so it should in theory double it, making it 1350), I only get 750. That's not even double the amount...

Is there a max shield capacity now? Because of the passive leveling, my defualt shield capacity on my warframe is now 450. When I attach a mod that increases my shield capacity by 200% (so it should in theory double it, making it 1350), I only get 750. That's not even double the amount...

I'm guessing the boosts are based off of the base amount... aka your frame's base shield is 150 so you're getting 200% of that added: +300 shield

At first I was really excited about finally getting passives, checked Loki first: went from 75 hp/shield to 225 hp/shield and I thought well that's legit that's about a 150 increase, makes sense... then I checked my ash which was 150 hp/100 shield and now it's 450 hp/300 shield... erm... wait... what? and just to check with my mag which isn't 30 yet it would appear that the math is leading to 450 shield/ 225 hp from 150 shield/75 hp... so rather than doing a static passive (which would lead to more balance amongst the frames given some dramatically different starting points) DE appears to have gone the route of just giving +200% at rank 30 which just compounds the issue and makes the frames that were strong before much stronger. This is definitely not a good route to take. If all the frames had gotten a flat +150hp/shield I don't think we'd be seeing such a big problem and there wouldn't be this huge disparity which has just been made worse.

Yep, you're right and we thought of that but it made all the frames more homogenous. We opted to emphasize differences using a % of base (we call this 'stacking multiply') instead of additive.

Yes, thank you! I would really appreciate it a lot if weapons got passive ups again. I know several friends that have stopped playing because of update 7 until things are worked out.