Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.6: Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

Health, Shield, and Power Max stats will now passively increase with level.

Not to be offensive to anyone who is new to the game, but this is not needed. Sure if you're doing single-player mode you will need more health and shield for the fact you would have every enemy targeting you opposed to Co-op where you have up to 4 players taking aggro from all areas.

I have played this game for sometime, and with my Shield mod and Vitalty mod both almost max, I already had 910 Shield and over 500 health before the update.

Now with this so called good update (passive scaling shield and health with level) It's ridiculous, I don't die, I can go up to a level 30-40 boss solo, and sit there beating on them with my furax and never die now...

This game should not be giving passives to people, you're telling people it's fine to not know how to dodge attacks, it's fine to not know how to play the game, keep standing still and letting enemys attack you, don't use the evading tools we have spent hours putting into the game, it's fine lets just make it like every other FPS out.

I learnt very quickly, if i stood still when enemys attacked me i would be dead in seconds, it pushed me to learn to kick enemys down use my charged melee attacks and play tactical, now i don't even need to do that.

Please Warframe, reconsider this update.. you're making the game disinteresting to people who have been playing for 40+ hours like myself.

Passive mods its very cool and nice,but ..its little too much ..
...... Please Warframe, reconsider this update.. you're making the game disinteresting to people who have been playing for 40+ hours like myself.

+1My friends and I 100% agree with these whole posts and I believe Warframe devs should reconsider this Passive Bonus Update. Sure it's an O.K idea, but at the current time it's too unballenced and is partially ruining the game.

Edited by SeABeaF

Not to be offensive to anyone who is new to the game, but this is not needed. Sure if you're doing single-player mode you will need more health and shield for the fact you would have every enemy targeting you opposed to Co-op where you have up to 4 players taking aggro from all areas.

I have played this game for sometime, and with my Shield mod and Vitalty mod both almost max, I already had 910 Shield and over 500 health before the update.

Now with this so called good update (passive scaling shield and health with level) It's ridiculous, I don't die, I can go up to a level 30-40 boss solo, and sit there beating on them with my furax and never die now...

This game should not be giving passives to people, you're telling people it's fine to not know how to dodge attacks, it's fine to not know how to play the game, keep standing still and letting enemys attack you, don't use the evading tools we have spent hours putting into the game, it's fine lets just make it like every other FPS out.

I learnt very quickly, if i stood still when enemys attacked me i would be dead in seconds, it pushed me to learn to kick enemys down use my charged melee attacks and play tactical, now i don't even need to do that.

Please Warframe, reconsider this update.. you're making the game disinteresting to people who have been playing for 40+ hours like myself.

yeah right,small ammounts os shield or hp ,make peolpe use a brain)) and tactics !

i like passive,but now its veryy over powered ..and do not need to simplified the mods system,reduce cost this is right but no more.

People like yourself whom keep making posts like this are missing the main point of them doing the passive health, shields and power increases, it was done so that people were not FORCED to take 2-3 mods just to not get one shot in higher level missions. Now someone playing an ember can skip out on taking those mods for things to improve the powers or movement speed so they can dodge more easily etc. but if a person wants to go at the game as a "Tank" and have 800+ health and or shields they can do that now as well.

Before update 7 it was incredibly easy to reach 400 health/shields without even trying and with few if any mods to increase them, you used to be able to stack mods which gave +100 or more shields each and had room for up to 14 mods (depending on the frame) none of which were taken up by abilities.

Do I think that the current amounts are a little high? Yes, most definately. But not so high that I think they should be removed completely because that defeats the original purpose of these changes and that was to give the player base more options with how they mod their warframes.

Nice.EDIT: A question. What about frames that already leveled to, let's say 25. Does it add those passives from 1-25 or the passives only adds when I reach level 26, meaning 26-30 only?
I believe this applies to your mastery lvl. not warframe rank lvl =/ Edited by DreakinZ

Wow, speaking as if his a real pro, how long u took? and hope u didnt do anything stupid like camping till mobs come to u 1 by 1 to clear them, so want u want us all to get nerfed for ur sake? and cant u see a whole bunch of people dying every single match?

Did u take a invi warframe? or just sprint dash to the mission objective?

Just... just stop talking, please.

okay to point out, those mods are only optional as people are saying and they may or will be retired so please stop complaining about them, let people who solo have their fun for a while. if you are having difficulties dying or finding it "too easy" please consider taking off the mods, and not using them or down grading to lower versions of the vitality and redirection mods. they're there for convenience and as an option currently, not for you to complain about them needlessly.

People like yourself whom keep making posts like this are missing the main point of them doing the passive health, shields and power increases, it was done so that people were not FORCED to take 2-3 mods just to not get one shot in higher level missions. Now someone playing an ember can skip out on taking those mods for things to improve the powers or movement speed so they can dodge more easily etc. but if a person wants to go at the game as a "Tank" and have 800+ health and or shields they can do that now as well.

Before update 7 it was incredibly easy to reach 400 health/shields without even trying and with few if any mods to increase them, you used to be able to stack mods which gave +100 or more shields each and had room for up to 14 mods (depending on the frame) none of which were taken up by abilities.

Do I think that the current amounts are a little high? Yes, most definately. But not so high that I think they should be removed completely because that defeats the original purpose of these changes and that was to give the player base more options with how they mod their warframes.

Fair points, but lets look at what you just said, "Tank" I play as volt, and ember. They have 10 base armor. I can go up to Lt.Lich Krill now at this point, have equiped furax 15% Stun chance frost damage and charge speed with charge damage, and sit on him. just spamming my melee attack, and sit there while he shoots me in the face while still having only my base 10 armor, I can take his damage because i have over 1000 shield, and by the time he gets me to 100 my sentinal just refreshes my shield to full again. So you're saying "Tank" can be anyone, because right now with the way the scaling is, it's stupidly over powered.

Another point, how you're saying the passives were put in place so they don't get one shot eg - (Ember) If you don't want to get one shot you should be forced to pick, shield and vitality, or damage, you should not be allowed to have over the top health and shield with super damage because you can't step to the side or hide behind a box when an enemy targets you. What was the point in having dodge mechanics if you don't know how to use them.

They do not need passives at all, I have both shield and health mods aswell as flow streamline and focus, they are all the mods you need for good damage high health and shield. Yet you're saying no they should be allowed to pick other mods instead. Also you're not even taking the factors of other players, you're basing your speculations on solo missions.

don't like the bonus from the mods, then don't use them. this fix was for everyone who wasn't able to get them thus halting their advancement in the game or worse forcing you to speed rush a stage since lingering in a room for more than 5 seconds would get you dropped. basically, people were gonna complain either way. complaining that you can't solo or be helpful in squad because your health/shields are too low, or like now complaining that you don't need to squad because you have too much. if they'd have increased the drop rate for those mods i'm sure you would've whined then too. mods are optional now so don't use em if you don't want to.

40+ hours of farming every feasible mission for a shield mod and i never got it, so this update was exactly what i was looking for.

Just... just stop talking, please.

tell me why? just because u said so? how will that make me??

I have free will to decide to type or not and to voice honest opinion, are u trying to stamp out honest opinions ?

I will not do things without a reason.

Or is what im saying hurting people like u who likes jump on the complain bandwagon each time the tide changes?

Edited by Ascension

I'm wondering if the rate of passive increase is the same across the warframes, or say the tankier warframes gain like a bit more than the others since well they're the 'tanks' xD

Hopefully these things will get added to the wiki in time once this sort of thing gets figured out? :D

Also I thought with this update that the mods that did the same function were being taken out? or are they just gunna be nerfed so people don't become TOO overpowered for dem bawses xD

I'm wondering if the rate of passive increase is the same across the warframes, or say the tankier warframes gain like a bit more than the others since well they're the 'tanks' xD

Hopefully these things will get added to the wiki in time once this sort of thing gets figured out? :D

Also I thought with this update that the mods that did the same function were being taken out? or are they just gunna be nerfed so people don't become TOO overpowered for dem bawses xD

the passive gains are the same, they are only different on frames based on their starting health/shield/power. so rhino will have 50 more sheild than ash if they are both the same level.

Edit: said that backwards

Edited by SatouJin

Fair points, but lets look at what you just said, "Tank" I play as volt, and ember. They have 10 base armor. I can go up to Lt.Lich Krill now at this point, have equiped furax 15% Stun chance frost damage and charge speed with charge damage, and sit on him. just spamming my melee attack, and sit there while he shoots me in the face while still having only my base 10 armor, I can take his damage because i have over 1000 shield, and by the time he gets me to 100 my sentinal just refreshes my shield to full again. So you're saying "Tank" can be anyone, because right now with the way the scaling is, it's stupidly over powered.

Another point, how you're saying the passives were put in place so they don't get one shot eg - (Ember) If you don't want to get one shot you should be forced to pick, shield and vitality, or damage, you should not be allowed to have over the top health and shield with super damage because you can't step to the side or hide behind a box when an enemy targets you. What was the point in having dodge mechanics if you don't know how to use them.

They do not need passives at all, I have both shield and health mods aswell as flow streamline and focus, they are all the mods you need for good damage high health and shield. Yet you're saying no they should be allowed to pick other mods instead. Also you're not even taking the factors of other players, you're basing your speculations on solo missions.

I am pretty sure I said in that post that I do think the current amounts are too high, but I still think they should be there just to a lesser degree.

I have also stated that the way it is right now is a test for them to see where it needs to be set at for it to be "balanced".

Also I think that the different frames should have slightly different bonuses for example the "Tank" frames should get shields and/or health maybe even armour at a rate similar to what it is now, "mages" should get more energy with less health etc.

Not only that but IMO some of the base stats for frames need a little tweaking, they were originally made with the old mod system in mind which balanced things out with the passive tree and how many mods slots they could get etc. like the Loki having 75/75 Health/Shields was ok because it had one of the higher possible mod counts.

TL;DR This is a beta and where it is at right now is just a test to see where it needs to be set for balance.

P.S. No matter what they do there will always be people that will find the "best build" like there is with every game and that will have you be pretty much unkillable etc. Whether or not you take the easy way out with those is up to you, personally with the way things are now I am going to skip on using the health and shield mods on most of my frames and take things like sprint speed and stamina.