Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.6: Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

I learnt to deal with my base 75 shields on Loki so I was pretty relieved when this update happened, but I do have to agree that its a bit too easy now since once I tried Kiliken and I just stood in the middle and played a bit recklessly and my shields never went fully down. Maybe just decrease the stuff? Being a ninja should require skill, stomping enemies isn't really fun.

I learnt to deal with my base 75 shields on Loki so I was pretty relieved when this update happened, but I do have to agree that its a bit too easy now since once I tried Kiliken and I just stood in the middle and played a bit recklessly and my shields never went fully down. Maybe just decrease the stuff? Being a ninja should require skill, stomping enemies isn't really fun.

Dude, Kiliken is on Venus, isn't it? Venus is, I think suited for level 4-6 frames? If you're sporting a high-level frame, you'll want to go to Eris or Uranus or Pluto even.

GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! @ THAT COMMENT

It broke the guiness world record in the year 2000 for fastest selling video game with 2 Million copies sold within the first 2 weeks, that was unheard of then.

and people literally played this game for 10+ years.

Your statement is null and void, obviously "YOU" thought it was too hard, so you say its a failure.

Dude, I was being sarcastic. I'm one of the people who played that game for ten years. It was freaking harder than Hades, and it was freaking AWESOME.

Just a random question and it might be a repost, currently the mods on equipments and weapons do not show the buff values

will they be reflected on future updates? ie if i have a dmg mod on a pistol the total damage is reflected in addition to the base dmg?

Cheers

So I see an exterminate alert

The intro says it's a level 3 exterminate mission

But when I join I have to deliver a payload

And after that I have to collect 2 more datamasses

Then got to extraction for a lousy pistol scavenger again

That's a pretty big waste of my time there

Alerts really need better implementation or better rewards

Getting these artifacts we can only have one of over and over sucks

So the Wiki doesn't have any specifics on how much each level up is supposed to upgrade your frame, but with my Excalibur at rank 20, having 240 Shield / 240 Health / 130 Max Energy seems a bit low compared to all the people complaining that the game is too easy now.

Seems I got 7 Shield and 7 Health upgrades for 20 points extra each and 6 Energy upgrades at 5 more Max Energy.

With just ten more levels to go, I'm guessing I'll max out at 10 upgrades each, which would result in 300/300 Shield/Health and 150 Max Energy.

Unless the later upgrades suddenly have larger increases, that's really not all that much compared to the damage even the lvl 10-15 enemies can dish out, unless you get lucky and find yourself Redirection/Vitality Mods.

I will fondly look back at the time in warframe history where the game was on permanent Manly Mode™ with base health and shield capacity all around, and only those blessed by the RNG gods had the luxury of Vitality and Redirection mods.

I will forever cherish the times when Phorid's scream was an instant kill with a four-player group regardless of what frame you were in, unless you were one of the Blessed®.

It taught me how to play the game without being hit and without relying on one's abilities or sturdy frame to save them.

It taught me the Way of the True Ninja©.

I will pass these tales down to my children, and my children's children, so that the Time of the Brave®©™ will never be forgot.

Intentionally reducing the effectiveness of your character is not customization, it is gimping yourself. If the game is not challenging enough, you should move to a harder mission and if no such mission is available, then the game has failed to provide you with a proper challenge. Implementing something like a Hard mode wouldn't exactly be something that has never been done before in instanced based MMOs.

Your character is overpowered, correct? So how is removing a few mods gimping yourself? If you can just as effectively finish a mission without those mods, you are not gimped, otherwise you wouldn't be OP in the first place. What you have is a frame that you can put other mods on to make yourself viable in other ways.

As for the game not being challenging at a certain point...

1) Beta. Game is nowhere near finished with high end content so be patient, Do something else. Play something else for few weeks or something, but stop complaing because the content isn't being released right now.

2) EVERY MMO gets to that point. High end raids on, for example, WoW, or SWTOR, all become cake walks once you've done then a dozen times. Doesn't stop you doing them or enjoying them if you have friends to play with.

Same is true here. At some point you will know the boss fights, you will know the enemies and which ones need what to kill them easiest, even with the randomness of maps, you will know the sections that comprise them. If you expect this game to be different to any other MMO in that respect, you are mistaken.

Noobs complained until they got what they needed besides skill and luck to finally get out or Mercury. I understand their point..even if it does not affect me.

Actually it was just about everyone that played pre update 7 that complained about being forced to use the health and shield mods. And even with the new values you still only have around the health and shield that we had back in update 6, so its not really over powered or anything.

Dude, I was being sarcastic. I'm one of the people who played that game for ten years. It was freaking harder than Hades, and it was freaking AWESOME.

Diablo 2 was 'harder than Hades'?

Seriously?

Dude I played through my first DII game without any guides or builds, literally putting skill points and stat points into whatever looked cool, without any farming of drops, and I managed to make it through Normal-Nightmare-Hell without any difficulty. Yeah I died sometimes but who didn't? Some uber-hard game Diablo II was not.

Anyways, if you think you don't have fun with health/shield mods right now, don't use them. That mod energy can be used to make the rest of your Warframe's performance better. Throw on some power-boosting mods and level up your powers or something.

keep getting the 10061 error ive tried messing with my firewall settings but no luck so far i dont really want to mess around with the ports and such incase i make it worse somehow..

wow i cant even log out of the site as it just loads and loads and loads...

Edited by Achaman

I'm still having fun, and I'm a veteran. Wanna know how I'm having fun? Since I don't need to use vit/shield mods any longer thanks to this update, I instead use other mods to make my warframe of choice more viable in multiple areas. Instead of being a pure tank, my warframe (I'm currently using a rank 25 Nyx) is highly capable in many areas...Just like how a higher ranked warframe should be.

I also actually go through the higher level missions where your shield will still instantly diminish against heavy shotgun fire from grineers, your hp quickly getting pounded into the ground if you're swarmed by infested. If you play your high level frames in high level areas, then hey - you'll PROBABLY have more fun! But if you muck about in the lower level areas with your higher level frames, then you probably won't have much of a challenge.

Would you bring your level 80 MMO character to a level 5 area to kill things? No, no you wouldn't.

^This. Couldn't have been said better.

The passive changes are good ones, they just need to be scaled better (less HP/shields).

The only thing that isn't really usefull is the bonus for energy : if it's not +25 or +50 or +75 it's useless as most of the skills use 25 or 50 or 75 or 100 energy. so having 80 energy instead of 75 won't let you cast more skills.

The passive changes are good ones, they just need to be scaled better (less HP/shields).

The only thing that isn't really usefull is the bonus for energy : if it's not +25 or +50 or +75 it's useless as most of the skills use 25 or 50 or 75 or 100 energy. so having 80 energy instead of 75 won't let you cast more skills.

Imho the level based improvement is ok, but the Vitality/Redirection mods could enjoy some nerfing ;)