Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Update 7.6: Hotfixes

+74 on the new patch!

I completely agree with the recent upgrades to shield and health and in fact it boosts my comfidence in DE after some questioning I had after the update 7 release (not that I stopped playing at all or anything and it it hasn't been so bad after the extra grind to get back up to an enjoyable play level)

But!

I still believe that the best direction of growth in the game (or many games) is to be creative! Go ahead, make us start to feel invinsible! Until... we meet a new challenge that makes us question that... and get our ***es handed to us.. and grow...(Become more powerful, Repeat). One key point that I hope indicates this is the fact that even at my current rank of 6, I am a Gold "Novice"... this seems to imply that the plan is to add quite a bit of growth throughout the game's development (although this is just a guess).

I still don't have room to just put all maxed out mods in my frames or weapons without sacrifices and in fact have even built a spreadsheet for each of my primary setups so as to determine what mods to get and which ranks to attain in each mod to reach my current goal in mind. I know I've heard all the (anti-EVE) "boring" "confusing" etc discussion throughout general chat, yet I can only hope this game leans at least a small bit that direction. I'de love to see more and more blueprint variations, a trading system, more varied resorces, etc. I only see this as adding to the long-term playablilty of the game and I personally have thus far enjoyed this game enough that I would be enthusiastic to continue for the long haul! ;)

Regardless I disagree with all the comments simply stating "omg this sucks, game is ruined, we will all be OP and get bored and leave". It works... and thus far, I again can only hope that DE grabs hold of the imagination they have had thus far and continue to come up with more to keep this awesomeness rolling.

Player Control Example: Player arrives at the state of feeling they overpower everything and the game is getting stale: Level your weak un-maxed gear or get some new equipment! I love the grind and getting to learn each weapons' intricacies. By doing this, You control your difficulty level.

Too easy? Go ahead and max out that braton mk1!

Too hard? "Thanks you DE for making the game playeable as I was already questioning continueing to play this game and it is finally sensibly dificult"

Development Solution Example:

More difficult planets, mission types, enemy types, as well as, expanded variations of warframes/mods/artifacts/sentinels/weapons for players to experience, attempt to defeat, learn new weaknesses, have more diversity of equipment specifics. Even offer the same thing to the new and "creatively dangerous" NPCs ;)

Good work DE!

I can't wait to see what all will be added to clans in update 8!!!! I can only assume the ranking system will be completely revamped (it needs it.) I'm also praying for trading and maybe even clan shared item storage. I would guess there will be new clan tags and likely clan symbols/apperance mods (most likely purchased with platinum, which is fine and not game breaking) Hope you all can find even more intereting clan-motivated experienes to offer in the game! (I am already loving the clan I am a part of. First game I have gotten that involved in with the other players since Diablo 2)

I figure it is about time I go ahead and upgrade my account for design council as I am already envious of the chat and discussion of game direction I am missing out on :( So, hopefully soon!

Alright, enough out of me for now; I can only hope the game heads a direction I desire, but also will understand if it leans elsewhere, if that is what the overall player base really wants :(

See you all in game, chat, and on here! Much appreciation for everyone's input for or against the game changes as they continue along throughout the development process, whether I agree with you or not ;)

I just want to say this one thing.

I was a member of the Warframe community since the early stages of the close beta and i really disagree with the way this game has gone in terms of the cores and the skill tree.I really loved Warframe but since the last couple of updates, i dont even want to play anymore.It has changed so much that i don't even recognise the game that i loved so much and tried to recommend to so many friends of mine.I had a Rhino that i spent so many hours making it and waiting for it to be crafted and i spent even more time making it a strong warframe that could never die but now i cant even play him anymore, i don't have any cores, the skills aren't as strong as they were and i just die in the 1st couple of minutes.

If a Dev or Mod ever reads this, i beg of you to bring back the old skill tree and to make the game a bit more like it used to be.

Thank you for your time and all the fun you guys made me have on Warframe.

Sincerely,A fan that misses Warframe.

Love the new patch. I took off my 200+ shield capacity mod, cooked up my Flow mod to 100% and added a 30% Pwr efficiency mod. My shield are 300 my health is 680!!

If you remove mods from your character, you are gimping yourself. Whether your character is still effective or overpowered after you removed them is irrelevant. My point is that someone shouldn't have to remove specific mods from their character in order for the game to offer a proper challenge. If that's something that you really want to do then sure go ahead, but don't come here and tell people that the solution to a clear balance issue is to gimp yourself.

It's not gimping yourself if you're overpowered though, since there's plenty of other very useful mods that you can slot in now that toughness mods are no longer as essential as they were. For example, run speed. Power duration. Power damage. Power efficiency. You're still powerful, just powerful in a different way. When the argument is that health and shields are too powerful, it's really your own fault that they are. Nobody's forcing you to have defensive mods instead of offensive ones.

And I still don't think it's overpowered for high level areas. I have a level 30 excalibur with high level (though not maxed) defensive mods. I end up with around 460 health and shields each. In an endgame system, if two grineer trash mobs decide to focus fire on me and I don't take cover, I'll be taking health hits in a matter of seconds. Then not much later I'll be dead. The same applies to Corpus or if I let myself get surrounded by more than a couple of chargers.

Before the update, it was basically "if they look at you, you're dead", and that wasn't very fun. It encouraged overly cautious gameplay with you sitting behind cover and taking pot shots with a lex or whatever. Now there's enough of a health/shields buffer that you can actually pop your head out of cover long enough to shoot something other than a frontloaded handcannon or reposition yourself to a better spot, making shotguns and melee weapons easier to use because you can get in close without being instapwned.

I honestly think that all the guys who are complaining about being invincible are not playing in high level areas. Because my experience doesn't fit the "invulnerable" narrative at all, and I've been working my way through high end systems for days now. On pluto, standing in the open gets me killed very fast.

I mean, yeah, Mercury is trivial with a level 30 warframe with defensive mods. But if you've got a level 30 frame, the only reason to revisit Mercury is to farm Vor solo for cronus blueprints.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

It's not gimping yourself if you're overpowered though, since there's plenty of other very useful mods that you can slot in now that toughness mods are no longer as essential as they were. For example, run speed. Power duration. Power damage. Power efficiency. You're still powerful, just powerful in a different way. When the argument is that health and shields are too powerful, it's really your own fault that they are. Nobody's forcing you to have defensive mods instead of offensive ones.

And I still don't think it's overpowered for high level areas. I have a level 30 excalibur with high level (though not maxed) defensive mods. I end up with around 460 health and shields each. In an endgame system, if two grineer trash mobs decide to focus fire on me and I don't take cover, I'll be taking health hits in a matter of seconds. Then not much later I'll be dead. The same applies to Corpus or if I let myself get surrounded by more than a couple of chargers.

Before the update, it was basically "if they look at you, you're dead", and that wasn't very fun. It encouraged overly cautious gameplay with you sitting behind cover and taking pot shots with a lex or whatever. Now there's enough of a health/shields buffer that you can actually pop your head out of cover long enough to shoot something other than a frontloaded handcannon or reposition yourself to a better spot, making shotguns and melee weapons easier to use because you can get in close without being instapwned.

I honestly think that all the guys who are complaining about being invincible are not playing in high level areas. Because my experience doesn't fit the "invulnerable" narrative at all, and I've been working my way through high end systems for days now. On pluto, standing in the open gets me killed very fast.

I mean, yeah, Mercury is trivial with a level 30 warframe with defensive mods. But if you've got a level 30 frame, the only reason to revisit Mercury is to farm Vor solo for cronus blueprints.

Yuuuuuuuup. Agreed.

Lol Bad &#! guys, im now running with a volt with over 400 sheilds and 400 health :) I SHALL BE UNKILLABLE

400 health, 400 shields is not "unkillable". I swear, does everyone here think all the planets have the same difficulty or something?

Take your volt to somewhere other than Mercury or Uranus or Venus. Unlock Pluto or Eris, or even Earth, and see it crumple without a good team.

I agree with your whole post - the part in bold being the most poignant in what's currently going on. BuriedShadow's statement is direct proof.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Omg, people, "I lost everything and therefore the new mod system is bad" is so @(*()$ stupid point of view it hurts...

I just want to say this one thing.

I was a member of the Warframe community since the early stages of the close beta and i really disagree with the way this game has gone in terms of the cores and the skill tree.I really loved Warframe but since the last couple of updates, i dont even want to play anymore.It has changed so much that i don't even recognise the game that i loved so much and tried to recommend to so many friends of mine.I had a Rhino that i spent so many hours making it and waiting for it to be crafted and i spent even more time making it a strong warframe that could never die but now i cant even play him anymore, i don't have any cores, the skills aren't as strong as they were and i just die in the 1st couple of minutes.

If a Dev or Mod ever reads this, i beg of you to bring back the old skill tree and to make the game a bit more like it used to be.

Thank you for your time and all the fun you guys made me have on Warframe.

Sincerely,A fan that misses Warframe.

God, not this S#&$ again...Long story short: Skill tree was too stiff, mods were far too powerful. The new system promotes longevity in the game, gives a (now balanced) credit sink, and lets DE introduce new warframe abilities for existing warframes easily. And now with these passive boosts, you can easily get back to your tankish way of playing (if you so wanted. <- Flexibility)

Also, the skill tree system was a closed beta system. Closed beta = wipes that may or may not occur. You agreed to the Closed Beta Terms and Conditions stating clearly that wipes may occur at any time if a core system is changed. Be glad it was only just mods that were "removed".

You're just angry, like so many others, that you lost power.....when you gained that power in CLOSED beta, where wipes can and usually will occur. Stop crying and play the game - took me only a week to get back a damned good portion of my strength, and I feel far less OP and far more BALANCED than before.

Omg, people, "I lost everything and therefore the new mod system is bad" is so @(*()$ stupid point of view it hurts...

Pretty much my post condensed into a single sentence. Kudos to you.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Do we keep the mods for vitality and redirection? I spent a lot of time working with those items so I could stay alive. Took lots of time and money it would be a pretty S#&$ty if we lost that kind of work.

Do we keep the mods for vitality and redirection? I spent a lot of time working with those items so I could stay alive. Took lots of time and money it would be a pretty S#&$ty if we lost that kind of work.

Here we go - you know, you are in beta and in beta, wipes are pretty common and stuff changes all the time? Just sayin...

Id like to make a suggestion, when selling mods it would be easier if we could select mulitpule mods at the same time to sell like when do when we fuse mods together.

thanks

Id like to make a suggestion, when selling mods it would be easier if we could select mulitpule mods at the same time to sell like when do when we fuse mods together.

thanks

shift + click is your friend.

One issue I have, is that some of those small 2 leged bots that are the easier types, have a bug where absically you hit them and it doesnt show any damage done, and it doesnt show them having a shield, even though they ahve one.